Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Naira Music - Nigerian Music App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Naira Music - Nigerian Music App (4318 Views)

Android Free Music App - The Beginning Of Music Cube / If You Can Create An Android Music App Pls Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I just finished making a Nigerian Music app for Android phones. its called naira music.

The app is packed with alot of features including:

- The ability to search and download any Nigerian song (New or old)

- Latest Music alerts and push notification

- You can also watch Soundcity, Ndanitv , Pulse Tv e.tc. from the app.

- The app has an inbuilt download manager

- The app has an inbuilt web browser.
e.tc.

You can download the app on the Google Playstore via this link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chinchin.kida

Please lemme know what you think about the app. Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Great!
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by codeaddict(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hehe. SimpleServer running in the background. Nice to see that there. cheesy
Will check your app later. Only cos you're using mine. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
codeaddict:
Hehe. SimpleServer running in the background. Nice to see that there. cheesy
Will check your app later. Only cos you're using mine. grin
lmfao!!. Thanks
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by studenthubng: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Do you have time for another project?.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
studenthubng:
Do you have time for another project?.
Yes sir i do.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by studenthubng: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
donniemc:

Yes sir i do.

ok, check your inbox.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by JackOfAllTrades: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
Your interface is cool, did you use the support library for backward compatibility for api 7?
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
Your interface is cool, did you use the support library for backward compatibility for api 7?
Yes i did. its called "appcompat" v7.23
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by ballantyne: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice effort but you really should read up on Material design rules and guidelines.
Your color palette broke some of those rules like your primary status bar color and the action bar color (or did you use a toolbar?), I don't think you used the right color variation. The tint on your status bar is too much. more than the one prescribed by the material design guidelines. it made the feel of the app a little bit off.

when I launch your app, I am shown an activity with a banner that takes up a quarter of the screen. This does draw the attention of the user to the artist shown there but why is it not scrollable?.
it has to be scrollable because The image forces users to use only a small percentage of their screen. This makes for bad user experience. Also, once a user starts scrolling, the user no longer has any interest in the image displayed, so, it makes sense to hide the image whenever the user starts scrolling. maybe gradually with an animation.

You should consider moving your app label, icon to the actionbar at the top of the screen, it makes sense there, I don't see any problem that it solves at the center of the activity.

your menu being at the center of the page is good for making users access app content easily but do you really want the first thing a user sees when he launches your app be a menu? The best thing to show here will be the juicy stuff. Top Music, new music, any category that will draw your user in. You should use the navigation drawer provided by android for displaying menus. Implementing this will also eliminate the need for your user going back to the homescreen every time he wants to move to another section of your app. This will help big screen device users.

icons, text sizes. those should get adjusted as well.

Material design guidelines: http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html#
Material design inspirations: http://www.materialup.com/

Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
ballantyne:
Nice effort but you really should read up on Material design rules and guidelines.
Your color palette broke some of those rules like your primary status bar color and the action bar color (or did you use a toolbar?), I don't think you used the right color variation. The tint on your status bar is too much. more than the one prescribed by the material design guidelines. it made the feel of the app a little bit off.

when I launch your app, I am shown an activity with a banner that takes up a quarter of the screen. This does draw the attention of the user to the artist shown there but why is it not scrollable?.
it has to be scrollable because The image forces users to use only a small percentage of their screen. This makes for bad user experience. Also, once a user starts scrolling, the user no longer has any interest in the image displayed, so, it makes sense to hide the image whenever the user starts scrolling. maybe gradually with an animation.

You should consider moving your app label, icon to the actionbar at the top of the screen, it makes sense there, I don't see any problem that it solves at the center of the activity.

your menu being at the center of the page is good for making users access app content easily but do you really want the first thing a user sees when he launches your app be a menu? The best thing to show here will be the juicy stuff. Top Music, new music, any category that will draw your user in. You should use the navigation drawer provided by android for displaying menus. Implementing this will also eliminate the need for your user going back to the homescreen every time he wants to move to another section of your app. This will help big screen device users.

icons, text sizes. those should get adjusted as well.

Material design guidelines: http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html#
Material design inspirations: http://www.materialup.com/

Good Luck.

Thanks.
Clearly you do not have much experience in building apps. Am guessing you are one of these designers that have never written a line of code. And if you have, certainly you have not made anything serious.

90% of the suggestions you made are pure crap. They do make Ui sense but they are seriously lacking any user experince(UX) wisdom or coding sense.

I would have loved to counter all your suggestions one by one. But am afraid time won't permit. My only advice to you is to engage in making more apps. Clearly you have not being doing that.

Thanks anyways for the feedback. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by ballantyne: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
donniemc:

Thanks.
Clearly you do not have much experience in building apps. Am guessing you are one of these designers that have never written a line of code. And if you have, certainly you have not made anything serious.

90% of the suggestions you made are pure crap. They do make Ui sense but they are seriously lacking any user experince(UX) wisdom or coding sense.

I would have loved to counter all your suggestions one by one. But am afraid time won't permit. My only advice to you is to engage in making more apps. Clearly you have not being doing that.

Thanks anyways for the feedback. smiley
No man. I have no interest whatsoever in what you think of me. You either accept what I posted or you don't or you point out the reasoning behind your design choices.
We are all here to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by toshodei: 12:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Nice. I love it. Please keep up the good work.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by JackOfAllTrades: 1:13am On Mar 11, 2015
@ op you need to take what ballantyne said into consideration , I just downloaded your app and I think you show look into these issues:

Your main activity (the home page) the root layout should be inside the scrollView because on a 480x320 when the device is horizontal the little scroll is cut off even the banner

Your status bar says click here to show progress, when downloading music but couldn't fond any progress, you status remains

Your webview activity when it is recreated due to orientation change the page loads all over again(quick fix add this setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT) to webView activity oncreate method

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by CashdownNG: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
op... learn and grow.. likes no dey improve person.. learn.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
@ op you need to take what ballantyne said into consideration , I just downloaded your app and I think you show look into these issues:

Your main activity (the home page) the root layout should be inside the scrollView because on a 480x320 when the device is horizontal the little scroll is cut off even the banner

Your status bar says click here to show progress, when downloading music but couldn't fond any progress, you status remains

Your webview activity when it is recreated due to orientation change the page loads all over again(quick fix add this setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT) to webView activity oncreate method
That is because its in a Fragment. You should code some more. Besides nobody uses 480x320 screens anymore. If you are still using such screens kindly throw away the phone. I do recognise that the app is far from perfect and just like every other app it need to improve. But the quality of suggestions here have been inspired by undilluted ignorance.

Besides,
If you had any expericence developing Android apps you would know that it impossible to use a Scrollview and a Listview in the same Layout.
(Try it if you don't believe me). Its as dumb as trying to fit your two legs into one shoe.

Again.
Thanks for the suggestions

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
CashdownNG:
op... learn and grow.. likes no dey improve person.. learn.
Dude i was not born with this knowledge. Obviously i learnt it. Can i see the apps you've made?.

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by CashdownNG: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
donniemc:

Dude i was not born with this knowledge. Obviously i learnt it. Can i see the apps you've made?.

This attitude of yours isn't progressive that's all.. as for me, I work on building solutions with companies via tech so you can see where my advice comes from.

just be humble enough to take crtisism on the chin.

later mate.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
CashdownNG:

This attitude of yours isn't progressive that's all.. as for me, I work on building solutions with companies via tech so you can see where my advice comes from.

just be humble enough to take crtisism on the chin.

later mate.
If the crtisism is sensible i'll be very stupid not to take it. Like i said earlier the ones here are simply dumb.

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by kudaisi(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2015
@ Ballantyne Kudos, you app seems to be a good work. Please enlighten me on the statement you made as quoted below:

If you had any expericence developing Android apps you would know that it impossible to use a Scrollview and a Listview in the same Layout.
(Try it if you don't believe me). Its as dumb as trying to fit your two legs into one shoe.

I'd like to know the book or instructor that told you that it is not possible to put a ListView and ScrollView in the same Layout ?
Are insinuating that the below code will throw an exception. Cause i can't seem to get my head around the point you were trying to make.

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:weightSum="2" >

<ScrollView
android:layout_weight="1"
android:background="#000000" >
</ScrollView>

<ListView
</ListView>

</LinearLayout>

1 Like

Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by chim14(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2015
Cool app, but change d app's icon color from black to a lighter color or a mix of both.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by chim14(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
D back button 4 d NewsFeed at d top-left corner is nt working. And I hup it's nt ur pic at d front with d text 'The Chairman', nt professional.
I suggest a pic of a musician or ur app logo will do.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by ballantyne: 8:12am On Mar 31, 2015
kudaisi:
@ Ballantyne Kudos, you app seems to be a good work. Please enlighten me on the statement you made as quoted below:

I'd like to know the book or instructor that told you that it is not possible to put a ListView and ScrollView in the same Layout ?
Are insinuating that the below code will throw an exception. Cause i can't seem to get my head around the point you were trying to make.

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:weightSum="2" >

<ScrollView
</ScrollView>

<ListView
</ListView>

</LinearLayout>
I wasn't the one that posted that. Though he may be right. you should run your code and see the outcome first.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by kudaisi(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Once more good job, your app is an eye opener i didn't even know some of these libraries exist. This is how much i learnt from it:
butterknife for view injection
jsoup for HTML parsing
castorflex for smoothprogressbar
hdodenhof for CircleImageView
afollestad for material designed dialogs
andexert for ripple effect
astuetz for pageslidingtabstrip
pnikosos for material style progress wheel
picasso for image downloading and cache

(Y)
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by dorange(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
pls can anyone help me with any source code for creating options menu using appcompat v7 for api 21.(lollipop).....I need the activity code and menu.xml file,....d ones av been writing are not working.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
@OP becareful of such attitude it ain't good, many companies will simply drop any developer who can't take criticism whether good or bad. it cost nothing to simply explain why each criticism won't work or not. you already on the offensive side, what happens when they assign a QA and a UX person to your project. just my advice.
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by TheMascot(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2016
donniemc:
Hello Nairalanders,

I just finished making a Nigerian Music app for Android phones. its called naira music.

e.tc.

bro...
I love this.. Lets work together pm me 08051520063
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by TUBLEZ(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2017
Plz am interested in learning programing and app development
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by taofeeq137(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2017
donniemc:
Hello Nairalanders,

e.tc.

hello, can you make a mobile app that takes a picture of an object at different angles and converts it to a 3d file?
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2017
taofeeq137:

hello, can you make a mobile app that takes a picture of an object at different angles and converts it to a 3d file?
Just get a 360 3d camera and film the object with it.

Here is a link on amazon to a cool 360 camera
https://www.amazon.com/360fly-360%C2%B0-HD-Video-Camera/dp/B00XAIT0PU
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by donniemc: 8:12am On Nov 14, 2017
TUBLEZ:
Plz am interested in learning programing and app development
Hello bro,

Here are list of resources to help you get started! (in 6 months you should be a pro!!)

1 Code Academy:
Codeacademy.com is an interactive website that teaches you how to code in a very simple and robust manner. just signup with them. its very simple trust me!

https://www.codecademy.com/

2 Youtube videos:

Here are a couple of Youtube videos you should watch!

A) How To Learn to Code For Beginners [2017]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4rU02088Xc

B) What Programming Language Should I Learn First?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH4JJuoHQHc

C) Here is a playlist with 29 videos to teach you how start making android apps right away!!
[/b]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBD4xhH5vIE&list=PLGLfVvz_LVvSPjWpLPFEfOCbezi6vATIh

By the time you finish watching this videos you would be a pro and you can start earning $$ on Google's admob http://admob.com

[b]And lastly,
If you don't want to stress yourself! to learn programming!. You can just buy apps on this website and publish it on the Playstore!
https://www.chupamobile.com/

You can even ask the maker of the app to help you publish it on the Google Play Store!! (you just have to pay a little extra money!!)

If your app is successful i.e 1,000,000 installs you will be making close to $700 per day!!
grin grin grin
Good luck!
Re: Naira Music - Nigerian Music App by taofeeq137(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2017
donniemc:

Just get a 360 3d camera and film the object with it.

Here is a link on amazon to a cool 360 camera
https://www.amazon.com/360fly-360%C2%B0-HD-Video-Camera/dp/B00XAIT0PU

well...its a little project that I am abt to undertake, and it would require getting 3d data from customers, I cant tell them to go get 360 3d camera now can I, customers hate complexity, it turns them off, and I know of some companies overseas that have similar apps to what I want, so I figured it was possible

i think it works on extruding 2d images taken at various angles, and den closed up to form the 3d shape

(1) (2) (Reply)

React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training / Got Another Remote Job Offer In The UK / My Squid Server Is Problem Please Give Me New Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.