Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com (945 Views)

Thief Paraded Unclad With Stolen Generator On His Head In Delta State. Photos / Christmas Chicken Thief Beaten, Stripped Unclad, Stolen Fowl Tied Round His Neck / Lady Hides Stolen Items In Her Panties, Gets Himiliated. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
It's a pity to come to conclusion that Nigeria is not yet mature to display their used properties for sale to second hand users. My point here is that olx.com has been abused by some greedy nigerians.
Last week, a friend of mine staying in Shagamu (my roommate) precisely while I in school called me from Shagamu that he saw someone add on olx displaying he wants to sell a blackberry Q5 via olx and I happen to be in lagos waiting 4 my NYSC call up. I had no option than help him out locate the seller as per he stays in Shagamu and I reside in lagos. He sent d guys contact to me and told me to give a check on my own to see how d fone is being displayed. Unfortunately, the fone posted on olx.com happens to be around my vicinity and I told he I Hv seen d persons information. The next day, he(my friend) sent me #21000 as per they have agreed #20000 for the fone in question. Then he (my friend) told me dat I should use 20k for buying d fone and 1k to buy airtime, transport and other miscellaneous expenses.
Immediately I called the seller and we got talking and d next day he(d seller) asked of location we could meet and I told him to fix a public place. He called me dat I should give him a place of my choice and I told him to come to my area and I directed him then we met. The BlackBerry Q5 fyn for face(neat) and dey better condition but almost had a flat ba3. Unknowingly to me, I paid him the 20k and checked whether it was working fine and so it was.
Unknowingly to me, I charged the fone and was about to do a security wipe. Then, one spirit came to my mind dt I should check something on d fone then I want to d contact and met about 6000 contacts, 3gmail account and some vital information on d pdf menu. Well, all has been done ( I done buy GOBE). Initially b4 I collected the fone though, I asked of the receipt and he said it was give to him as a gift by his aunt who happens to be on d display pix of d BBM and I admitted since the guy was a little bit confident and as per he brought it to my hood.
I traced d contact of d real owner and it was all switched off then I sensed something fishy was going on. Then I tried my luck of searching on d contact of "my wife" thank God dat one went sha but I had to hide my number not to be traced. Then I and d real owner got talking and I explained how everything went as per how I got the fone. Then they told me they were robbed and now best option is to get d seller which I just did by tracking him down through someone( my girlfriend). She(my girlfriend) called him(d olx guy) that she needed a fone that she saw her post on olx and the same olx fone seller gave her a place to meet and dat was how we got him. Pls, olx.com won't be responsible for u buying stolen goods. Thanks to God I successfully handed over d guy to d police and d rightful owner of d property has taken up d issue from there on. So, BUYERS BEWARE / ask for reciept for any second hand Nigerian used properties . Abeg no vex 4 my longie typing and some typographical errors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by jairusben(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
ur wise.. ur faithful..I appreciate that....not every one can do this..
Re: Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by megaik: 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
If only 50 people in Nigeria act like this, Nigeria for don become world powers long long ago ...
Op if I were the original owner, I go dash you the phone. You deserve n worth an award.
Re: Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
jairusben:
ur wise.. ur faithful..I appreciate that....not every one can do this..
dj khaled do dey enter ur brain be so
Re: Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by sursur(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hope ur money was refunded back to u ?
Re: Stolen Fones Being Sold Via Olx.com by siegfried99(m): 12:53am On Mar 10, 2015
OLX should be renamed

HOME OF SCAMMERS grin

Nice one @OP

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Galfrd Eats Her Heart And Intestine / PHOTOS: 30yrs Old Man Caught Sleeping With A 5yrs Old Boy In Lagos State / Alleged Kidnappers Apprehended And Beaten In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.