Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Guide To Study In Russia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guide To Study In Russia (1412 Views)

Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Study In Russia by hayzed14(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Am a secondary school graduate, I finished two years ago and since I finished I av been trying to get admission but to no avail,so my father and I decided to look abroad for admission.During my research,I got to know about "RACUS" (representing Russian
state universities abroad and enrolling international
citizens for studies) so I went to the website and I was directed to their representative here in port harcout.
The representative and I have undergone the first phase, in which I paid $200,luckily I av received an admission letter which looks a little bit authentic which confirms that I av been admitted to study civil engineering at federal university of north Caucasus Stavropol, Russia.
We are about entering the second phase where I will be paying the sum of $5460 dollar equivalent to #1.1 million naira for tution and other expenses.
My fear is that I don't want to lead my father into the hands of some sophisticated scam organization,it will be unbearable considering his age and the struggling and hustling his facing to give me financial support
please and please I need advice,HELP.
Re: Guide To Study In Russia by pdesmond1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
hayzed14:
Am a secondary school graduate, I finished two years ago and since I finished I av been trying to get admission but to no avail,so my father and I decided to look abroad for admission.During my research,I got to know about "RACUS" (representing Russian
citizens for studies) so I went to the website and I was directed to their representative here in port harcout.
The representative and I have undergone the first phase, in which I paid $200,luckily I av received an admission letter which looks a little bit authentic which confirms that I av been admitted to study civil engineering at federal university of north Caucasus Stavropol, Russia.
We are about entering the second phase where I will be paying the sum of $5460 dollar equivalent to #1.1 million naira for tution and other expenses.
My fear is that I don't want to lead my father into the hands of some sophisticated scam organization,it will be unbearable considering his age and the struggling and hustling his facing to give me financial support

@hayzed14,
I understand your fears, in my own humble opinion, these days it have passed the stage whereby people pay some individuals to secure admission for them . According to your post I guess you are still very young and inexperienced in handling the day to day life in Russia. Why don't you look for admission somewhere within Western and Central Europe were life is quite better suitable for a first timer abroad as yourself, for e.g, Czech Republic which pays approx 2000-3500 euros per year, Hungary, France, Spain, and some others. According to your bouget you have approx enough for studies in these countries and also have better opportunities of working while studying. You also have lesser racial biased comments and physical confrontations. But if you have already made up your mind, I will advise you to go online, search for the website and contact details of the University you were offered admission and verify your admission letter before further financial commitments. I wish you the best.
Re: Guide To Study In Russia by tdayof(m): 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
hayzed14:
Bros there are other countries that you can apply at personally... If you can study in Russia I don't think language and racism should be a problem for you then why don't you try Korea ? There is a thread about it here and tuition is not up to 1m....
Re: Guide To Study In Russia by SkinnyDude(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
hayzed14:
to be sure, find the school website. read everytime there, find their email and phone number. call them
Re: Guide To Study In Russia by SkinnyDude(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
tdayof:
Bros there are other countries that you can apply at personally... If you can study in Russia I don't think language and racism should be a problem for you then why don't you try Korea ? There is a thread about it here and tuition is not up to 1m....
guy, korea is very far. can he afford to spend almost 400k on flight
Re: Guide To Study In Russia by tdayof(m): 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
SkinnyDude:

guy, korea is very far. can he afford to spend almost 400k on flight
its not up to 400k..... And more over Russia ain't far to all this Asia countries!

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Populated Cities On Earth (must See) / Eastern Island To Demand Return Of Statue Taken To U.K. 150-years-ago(photos) / Should I Travel Abroad For A Better Life Or Get Married And Settle Down in 9ja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.