Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Black Maria - Literature (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria (891900 Views)

Maria Found Her Lost Treasure / Plz I Need D Link Of Black Maria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria by HazardMan(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks Mr Larrysun
Re: Black Maria by AdaAde(f): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for the update Mr larrysun. God bless you.
Re: Black Maria by Creamyebony2017(f): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
Jumps out of ghostmode *panting heavily*and am definitely not going back agn.....,Oga Larry sun you're hundred much infact million sef,more inspiration to ur soul.... The suspense in this movie(pretty much seem lyk a hollywood movie)is def not Nigeria made, way above.......I really cant wait for Black n Basket reunion, o ma loud gaan.....Thumbs up Sire Larry

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by Gerarstar: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
Pls oga Larry, we are waiting
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
COMPLETE BOOK NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_one/20094

21 Likes

Re: Black Maria by izicky(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
this is the work of God for peter to be a changed man.! if only he could stay a Saint.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
The next update shall be posted on Monday 25th June. Thanks for following.

Cheers,

LSD

10 Likes

Re: Black Maria by zera(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
Larrysun thank you for this wonderful masterpiece
Re: Black Maria by Ann2012(f): 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the update Boss Larrysun
Re: Black Maria by Creamyebony2017(f): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
Finally Black has fought d demon called *stealing* and he won...thanks 4 dis 1daful piece Sire Larry
Re: Black Maria by Gody05(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bro, its high time you brought back basky into the scene. its been very long.Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
Larrysun, I sight you viewing this thread oo.. May be you will drop another dose..
Lemme go and read now..
BRAVO LARRYSUN...
Re: Black Maria by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
Peter Black has changed?? This is too good to be true.. BRAVO LARRYSUN
Re: Black Maria by Wongiwaynes(m): 12:04am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks Mr Larry Sun for a wonderful update tonight. God bless U real good

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by morsadh(m): 4:18am On Jun 24, 2018
Blessings, man. Blessings.
Re: Black Maria by YeSJacky(m): 4:58am On Jun 24, 2018
God bless peter
Re: Black Maria by stevodot22(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2018
I hope this new personality would pave way for great things in his life. Thanks for the update bro.
Re: Black Maria by HazardMan(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks
Re: Black Maria by oluangelkay(f): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the update Larry love, I hope this change in Peter wi ll last long. Can't wit for the next update
Re: Black Maria by oluangelkay(f): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the update Larry love, I hope this change in Peter will last long. Can't wit for the next update
Re: Black Maria by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2018
LarrySun:
III

The news about Peter Black’s escape shocked everyone. A detailed information about this escape had been released by the press. A recruit had woken up at five in the morning and had found the door of Peter’s cell ajar. He had shone his torch on the other cells to check if he was being kept in one of them, but Peter wasn’t among the other incarcerated criminals. He had immediately raised a hue and cry and had woken up the other officers. They had all later found the back door open. The criminal had evidently escaped from the back and had somehow scaled the fence that was topped with a hundred broken glasses. Surely, the thief would have different bruises on his body if he had really climbed the fence.

To them, it was a mystery how the criminal was able to escape. Every indication suggested that he had picked the lock of his cell and that of the back door before escaping. They had under-estimated him. This was Peter Black for crying out loud. He was the kind of thief capable of easily picking out locks. The first action taken on this case by the state commissioner of police was ordered the suspension of all the police officer on duty on the night of Peter Black’s escape. Then he ordered that every police officer to hunt for the escaped convict. Every vehicle leaving the state must be searched, every person must be carefully studied. The boy must not leave the state; he must not escape from them as he had escaped from the police in Port-Harcourt. The pictures of Peter Black designed every wall. He was more popular than the state governor. Hell, he was more popular than the head of state. The only person probably more popular than the thief in the state was Michael Jackson; even little children seemed to know the name Peter Black first before Michael Jackson – it was more of Saint Peter than Saint Michael. In this case, however, Peter might be more of the devil than the saint.

His pictures were in the pockets of every police officer in the entire federation. The search for him was taken up in earnest. Many a time, the wrong people were accused of being the escapee and they were thereby arrested. Some of them were later freed when they couldn’t find any concrete evidence to prove that they were really the hunted criminal. Besides, their fingerprints didn’t match the ones they had of Peter himself. Things got so out of hand that dark-skinned people didn’t feel safe anymore, for the fear of being accused of being the thief. A lot of them had resorted to bleaching their skins for they didn’t want to bear any resemblance with the person the police sought.

Peter could not step out. He would be caught before he covered a metre. The only way he could blend freely among people was if he grew back his beards; for now, all he had was a couple of stubble. These, of course, weren’t enough to conceal his identity, but he could not just stay indoor till his beards grew fully or he would die of starvation. He was in a quandary; he needed to go out and make some money to feed himself, but the world out there was hot. Both the police and the civilians alike were on the lookout for him. Besides this, it seemed as if the god of luck had deserted him. It appeared like he had lost his mojo. He couldn’t be sure that he would not be caught if he attempted to rob anyone. He was gradually becoming rusty. Everything was now falling apart.

He thought about what the man who had freed him had said. The man had advised him to stop stealing. He wondered what he could do besides stealing. He had no skill whatsoever. Could he be a porter? He was afraid his neck might break in the process. Could he be a bus conductor? That was too dangerous. He might mistakenly fall off while the vehicle was in full speed, and the risk of head-on collision with another oncoming vehicle. He considered selling snacks in traffics; that was likewise risky; a vehicle with faulty brakes might drive off-course and flatten him. Besides, what profit could he make from selling snacks? That was a lot of work with very little profit. He shook his head no. that was out of the question.

After spending hours deliberating about what to do, he arrived at a temporary decision. He would humour himself and try to make money through an honest means. He had thereby decided to take on the first idea of being a porter, at least for a start. To him, that was the safest among the other options. The least he could do was try to honour the man who had set him free. The man had walked through fire for him and had got burnt; he was among the unlucky officers who had been suspended. The man had lost his job because of Peter. He knew he had an obligation to not disappoint his savior. If he was caught again, then the man’s effort would be futile. To avoid this, Peter knew he would have to stop stealing for now, at least. Hence the decision to become a porter for the meantime until he found a more profitable business to engage himself in. however, he was going to become a porter with a difference; he would not carry loads on his head – heaven forbid that. Instead, he would purchase a wheelbarrow to convey people’s loads. He donned an armless shirt and a pair of shorts, then he put on dark glasses to shield his face before going out. He put down the last sum of money he had and bought the wheelbarrow; this was a strange territory to him. Strangely, Peter found this both interesting and exciting. He moved in the market with his wheelbarrow and helped people convey their loads from place to place. He had fallen from grace to grass, and this time around, he was willing to climb the ladder back to the top; this time around via an honest means if he could. He was willing to try. Peter did not rest or slumber; there was an abundance of people who needed to transport their heaven loads. At first, he had had the urge to cart away his clients’ loads but he successfully battled this addiction and dismissed the thought. He was having a person session of self-discovery and rehabilitation as he worked. Indeed, the thief was making a genuine effort at becoming a better person.

He worked tirelessly and sweated profusely. He made much more money than his fellow porters because instead of using his head, he used a machine which could carry much more loads than his head could. And with the barrow, furthermore, he covered longer distance faster. He was soon popular in the market as both buyers and sellers always wanted the service of ‘Alabaru’: a local name for a porter. Peter didn’t call himself this, his clients did, and that name became a household one. The name stuck with him for a while.

He remained a porter for three months. It got to a time that he didn’t need to conceal his identity with a pair of dark glasses anymore because his beards were now fully matured. Besides, it seemed to him like no one was interested in Peter Black the thief anymore. The police had searched for him within the first month but had given up their hunts when there seemed to be no trace of the thief anymore. They had no lead whatsoever to go on anymore. Peter Black was free to be whomever he wanted to be without having to look over his shoulders. He seemed to enjoy working as a porter for he made some considerable profits. He might have a Midas touch on any kind of business or investment. He knew that if he was very hardworking and saved up some of his earnings, he might buy another wheelbarrow and lend it out, his stream of income would increase. And if he continued for a couple of years, he could dominate the entire market. A lot of people would be working for him. He might not even have to work anymore for his money would be working for him instead. He was a natural; he wasn’t taught but he knew how to increase his earnings without having to steal.

He was proud of the person he was becoming. Basket might be proud of him if they met. The demon might actually become an angel after all.

Boss you are a great writer and i hope to support you soon by buying your books on okadbooks. the part about people bleaching got me ROFL���
Re: Black Maria by skubido(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
slowpoison1:

Boss you are a great writer and i hope to support you soon by buying your books on okadbooks. the part about people bleaching got me ROFL���

Oh my God,, Must u quote all the story..
Re: Black Maria by eazykolobo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Creamyebony2017:
Finally Black has fought d demon called *stealing* and he won...thanks 4 dis 1daful piece Sire Larry
so u thought bt i ain't sure/ convinced yet, letz see d outcome of d nxt episode
Re: Black Maria by BlissfulJeff(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
nice update
Re: Black Maria by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
The update nice ooo

I yuss happy sai Peter Don change sha�

I'm a usual silent reader, but I have to thank you Larrysun for the lovely update.

Keep up the good work �
Re: Black Maria by Creamyebony2017(f): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
eazykolobo:
so u thought bt i ain't sure/ convinced yet, letz see d outcome of d nxt episode
awwwwn, dont be a pessimist jur
eazykolobo:
awwwwn, dont be a pessimist jur BLACK IS A CHANGED MAN
Re: Black Maria by TheBlessedMAN: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
The boss dropping it like no man business. For sure, talent is at work here. Peter black!...be right back.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
I won't be able to update tonight. I'm so sorry. See you tomorrow. Good night.

5 Likes

Re: Black Maria by Carzolah(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
LarrySun:
shocked shocked sad lipsrsealed
Re: Black Maria by hapsonv: 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
LarrySun:

No problem boss, hope all is well. We appreciate ur effort. Tnx once again, we are patiently waiting. Gudnyt n swt dreams

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
LarrySun:
Alright boss... Take your time...
Have a good night rest..
MUCH RESPECT..

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (166) (Reply)

United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / Tradition - A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.