Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? (1633 Views)

Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Today in church, i noticed that the person sited close to me brought out a very old/dirty 200 Naira note from his pocket and used it as offering. Got me thinking, is it a sin to use it as an offering? Because some people will say that you don't give dirty money to God, but these monies are been
paid into the bank. Is it a sin?
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by CrazyScientist: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
#CharityComment grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
CrazyScientist:
#CharityComment grin
Meaning you are donating the comment to Charity?
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by kilokeys(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
the heart... is all that matters

ill encourage christians to make up their minds on the amount they wanna give before getting to church..

but still, its d heart.. two naira, two hundred naira, dirty 100 naira.. whats d state of ur heart.?
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
kilokeys:
the heart... is all that matters

ill encourage christians to make up their minds on the amount they wanna give before getting to church..

but still, its d heart.. two naira, two hundred naira, dirty 100 naira.. whats d state of ur heart.?
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by seemples(f): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
njuwo:
Today in church, i noticed that the person sited close to me brought out a very old/dirty 200 Naira note from his pocket and used it as offering. Got me thinking, is it a sin to use it as an offering? Because some people will say that you don't give dirty money to God, but these monies are been
paid into the bank. Is it a sin?

Isn't the money still worth N200?

Did he mint then dirtied the note?

Do pple 'eat' money that it needs washing?

If it were a dirtier $100 bill, would it then be sinless?

OP, read and understand the Bible for yaself o
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by zyzxx(m): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
No
But Gud more is preferable

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
seemples:

Isn't the money still worth N200?

Did he mint then dirtied the note?

Do pple 'eat' money that it needs washing?

If it were a dirtier $100 bill, would it then be sinless?

OP, read and understand the Bible for yaself o
Please, which chapter and verse?
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
No
But Gud more is preferable
Yeah
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by seemples(f): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
njuwo:
Please, which chapter and verse?

I see why you asked the question in the first instance..chapters and verses.

Read the Bible so you won't be asking this kind of questions
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
seemples:

I see why you asked the question in the first instance..chapters and verses.

Read the Bible so you won't be asking this kind of questions
Read the whole bible to get answer to this one question, dear sissy, there's no place to read to get answer to this question, unless you want to punish me for asking the question because you have no answer to it.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by seemples(f): 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
njuwo:
Read the whole bible to get answer to this one question, dear sissy, there's no place to read to get answer to this question, unless you want to punish me for asking the question because you have no answer to it.

Guy you look brighter than this....if you're a christian, be a Christian...and while at that why should reading the Bible be seen as a form of punishment?

A quick fix isn't what you need...be grounded.
So again and for the final time I say, ''read the Bible''
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by MrFootball(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
For those of u claiming dat its d heart dat matters, shebi d exterior is supposed to reflect d interior?

Abeg go and read d story about d offering of cain and abel very well
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
seemples:

Guy you look brighter than this....if you're a christian, be a Christian...and while at that why should reading the Bible be seen as a form of punishment?

A quick fix isn't what you need...be grounded.
So again and for the final time I say, ''read the Bible''

Not seeing it as a punishment. I read the bible daily, as a farmer always goes to the farm with a cutlass, i've even read from Genesis to Revelation and still read always. I started doing this ever since i got truly born again. Here, the fact is that, i asked a question, expecting an answer, you retorted by telling me to go read the bible to get my answer, the point is that you should point out the scripture to read to get my answer, not telling me to go read the whole bible or, have you seen a son asking for food from a father and the father tells him to go to Mama Nkechi's place to get himself the food giving him money, even if he doesn't give him money he will give him a message to give to mama Nkechi that he'll pay once there's money in his hand, so you have to tell me the particular scripture concerning this, and i go see it out if it points out a thing concerning what we're discussing here.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
MrFootball:
For those of u claiming dat its d heart dat matters, shebi d exterior is supposed to reflect d interior?

Abeg go and read d story about d offering of cain and abel very well
To me God looks the heart. If its what you have only, i think its acceptable. But if you have another, i think why not give it instead, instead of the old dirty one. Some people will say na Nigeria money no be me create am, na so i take get am, so na so i go take release am out, abi make i baff am, e no go change anything. In summary, it is advisable, when giving to God, give the best, if that's the best available at that time, it's okay, i think.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
Money na money. But make e no be tear tear money.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by sorextee(m): 3:16am On Mar 09, 2015
Shey they go still carry d money go bank abi Angel Michael will come and take them to heaven after service.??
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Old Dirty Money As Offering In Church? by njuwo(m): 5:51am On Mar 09, 2015
sorextee:
Shey they go still carry d money go bank abi Angel Michael will come and take them to heaven after service.??
Na bank na

(1) (Reply)

[pics]malawi Pastor,prophet Shepherd Bushiri Acquires A 3rd Private Jet In 2yrs / FINALLY! I Can Proof That GOD Exist! / Why Is The Christian/islamic God The Correct God? Please Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.