Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? (1579 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by thesource(m): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
I'm a muslim and i've been having some domestic problems(Ogun Idile), i mean lack of progress which i've been praying about for sometime now. When there's no headway,i deemed it fit to share it with my christian friend who gave me some psalm verses to pray with every morning and night, but i'm thinking it's not the right thing to do for a muslim . Is it right?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by Jhymrod(f): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
You sure your 5 daily Salat is constant nd your tahajjud is being done daily, did you observe any fasting, did you do sadaqat etc There is nothing hard for Allah to do, it's just a test for the main time. You don't have to read any psalm, have faith in Allah nd I promise you everything will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by thesource(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jhymrod:
You sure your 5 daily Salat is constant nd your tahajjud is being done daily, did you observe any fasting, did you do sadaqat etc There is nothing hard for Allah to do, it's just a test for the main time. You don't have to read any psalm, have faith in Allah nd I promise you everything will be alright.
Although, i don't play with my five time daily prayers but i don't observe tahjud but i'll start observing it from this very night. Jazaakumu lahu khairan, my mind is now at peace, thank you so much
Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by Jhymrod(f): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
thesource:
Although, i don't play with my five time daily prayers but i don't observe tahjud but i'll start observing it from this very night. Jazaakumu lahu khairan, my mind is now at peace, thank you so much
walaykum, may Allah accept your prayers
Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by thesource(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jhymrod:
walaykum, may Allah accept your prayers
Ameen and yours too.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by true2god: 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jhymrod:
My muslim colleague reads psalms in the morning almost on a daily basis. The Jews and the christians have been praying with psalms long before Islam.

@ op, read psalm 51 (for forgiveness of sin), read psalm 3, psalm 10, psalm 35. Read them at mid-night and pray to your God, with clean heart and open mind. Pray very well before you sleep, for at least 3 days.

The dreams you will have afterward (usually revelations and instructions) will reveal a lot about your life and how you can make right decisions concerning your life (as being directed by the dreams you will get).

You dont need any alfa, pastor or woli. Fast and pray with psalms, you will he helped by the almighty.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
^^ and he will leave Islam for sure. I am sure his intention is not to do so. leave him to Allah Who created him and knows how he will be relieved of his worries. Job didn't read the psalm and God relieved him of his worries that are definitely greater than what the muslim guy is going through.

@op; trust Allah alone. connect your heart to Him and read the Quran as much as you can, parts of your daily 'shield'. No 'ogun idile' konkon can withstand the Protection from Allah. none.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses? by Jhymrod(f): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=true2god post=31435465]My muslim colleague reads psalms in the morning almost on a daily basis. The Jews and the christians have been praying with psalms long before Islam.

@ op, read psalm 51 (for forgiveness of sin), read psalm 3, psalm 10, psalm 35. Read them at mid-night and pray to your God, with clean heart and open mind. Pray very well before you sleep, for at least 3 days.

The dreams you will have afterward (usually revelations and instructions) will reveal a lot about your life and how you can make right decisions concerning your life (as being directed by the dreams you will get).

You dont need any alfa, pastor or woli. Fast and pray with psalms, you will he helped by the almighty.[/quote Mr dreamer thanks. @ ops there is no saviour in anything, be it psalm. Allah is just testing you nd ur faith and yours is not the first and is not gonna be the last. Ma salam

(1) (Reply)

Nlanders Pls Help A Brother;is Paying Tithe From Bet Winnings Right? / Faith Healing Couple Will Go To Prison For Manslaughter Of Baby / How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 1 By Segun Olumide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.