Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight (40060 Views)

Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

Beheading by isis and beating along taking someone's life for 2 years over immigration issue are almost similar to me.

I met a brother there called Brother Sola who lost 2 of his 3 children while he was there. The two girls died in hospital in Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria due to the fact there was no money to take care of their medical bills when their father was being locked up........... He was caught at work.

All he had to do then was say he wants to go bck to Nigeria as he is a Nigerian it wont take a week b4 he leaves
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
erico2k2:

All he had to do then was say he wants to go bck to Nigeria as he is a Niverian it wint take a week b4 he leaves

True, some peeps use that drama to buy time thinking that they will be left of the hook but sadly enough once ur asylum case lacks merit,it is just a question of time before u are shown the exit doors, it is same everywhere, whether UK, EU or any other country... cool
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Yes he was caught working illegally and detained, whose fault? British govt? People with no passport or who claimed stateless can not be deported until their country of origin can be ascertained.

Even when they are about to be deported they will claim that their lives will be in danger if deported, how Boko Haram will kill them, some claimed to be Gay just to avoid deportation. People will demonstrate on their behalf etc...here you are blaming everybody else apart from people who committed the crime.

I am not blaming or holding British government for this act of barbarism being carried out by these illiterate immigration officers. The words barbarism is being used because of the way these immigrants are(were) being treated by immigration officers; they usually called these immigrants all sort of names such as: cunt, animals etc

These officers used every available opportunity to beat these immigrants over trivial things. I ll cite my own personal experience as a case study here, i went to the clinic to get medical attention over the most itching bump i have ever experienced in my entire life; aftershave cream or anything that would clear all my itching bumps which i got as result of the most cheapest shaving stick given to us. I have never used shaving stick in my life prior to my detention; it has always been my personal shaving clipper.

However, i met a lady at the reception and i told her that my purpose of coming to speak to a Nurse/Doctor was because of my itching bumps; the bumps was already spread all over my face. Chai!!!! handsome guy turning to one Mofo. Guess what she said, she said i should go and find solution to it on my own.

I told her that i was being detained by British govt and whatever happens to me in their care remains British govt responsibility. And i said to her that was the purpose of that Clinic. She got upset and started calling me names. I called her names too and i left for my room while she was still going on and on. However, to my surprise, about 8 officers came to my Hall with their full combat gears to beat and attack me without listening to my own side of story. I was lucky that the officers in my Hall refused them access to my room; they told them that i was one of the best and quiet immigrant. I was eventually forced to go and apologise to the lady(Remember that i only called her what she called me) cos i was told that if i refuse to do that, not only would they take away my privileges but i would be threw back to communal room. Was that fair? I have to send for my British girlfriend(My wife now) to get me aftershave which was sent to me through post.

I am only blaming the wicked immigration officers(The bad eggs among them) who find happiness in degrading their fellow human beings.....
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
erico2k2:

All he had to do then was say he wants to go bck to Nigeria as he is a Niverian it wint take a week b4 he leaves

So you expect a man who has been paying for his mortgage for over 10years with his equity at stake; children and wife to pack his belongings and leave just like that.................. C'mon guys!!! How i wish you guys could be left in these guys' shoes just for a day so as to feel their pains.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
shinejackie:

True, some peeps use that drama to buy time thinking that they will be left of the hook but sadly enough once ur asylum case lacks merit,it is just a question of time before u are shown the exit doors, it is same everywhere, whether UK, EU or any other country... cool

Excuse me!!!! Drama you said!! Guy, you don't know what is happening to these guys in their personal lives and for that reason, just keep your opinion to yourself. Most of these guys have their wives and children out there and you think it's easy for a man to just wake up and leave his family behind just like that......

Being a British wouldn't make me to turn a blind eye to these immigrants' predicament; these guys are going through hell on earth as we are here chatting about them. I have seen, experienced and witnessed their pains before and i ll continue to feel for whoever that find himself or herself in this mess.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Maximeo(m): 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
@ LondonKent, you've made very valid and truthful points here, I must note. Don't mind Justwise & Co, who are quick to support everything UKBA does. It's a fact that some UKBA officers are rude, liars (framing Immigrants up, etc), unfair and unnecessarily tough. Said UKBA officers have been found to lie on more than one occasions by Immigration Judges during tribunal hearings (it's no news).

The issue of collecting huge application fees but dumping the application for several years, thereby wasting peoples lives is also no news. In addition to racism, Britain has a black past (dark period) with colonialism, etc but, I am yet to read that Justwise and co condemn such.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

Nobody is saying that everybody has every right to stay in UK. I am of opinion that UK govt has every right to protect every british citizens just like every other countries around d world; UK govt has to protect its borders but in course of doing this, don't subject human beings to all sort of barbaric treatments; d treatment that UK govt wouldn't allow British dogs to be subjected into.

I felt irritated and disgusted after reading through your post. Where is your sense of reasoning? So you like the way these economic immigrants have being subjected to inhuman treatments simply cos they refuse to board a plane right? You love the fact that these guys have been locked up for over a year or two years right? What a shame!!!!

If British citizens who are criminals could be given a fair treatment like humans, these guys case shouldn't be different too.

Whao!!!!! Can u read through the 3rd paragraph of your post over again and tell me if u still have some blood flowing through your veins. Must they beat these immigrants? Do they beat British citizens who criminals like that? What would u say about Nigerian immigration officers subjecting other nationals to this barbaric treatments? People like you would be d first person to call Nigeria a failed and undemocratic nation where human rights are not in existence.

89% of these Nigerian immigrants are graduates from different fields of discipline.

Think carefully about your criticism! I did not condone violence on these immigrants and anyone perpetrating such unjustly will be rightly brought to account! IF they resist and do violence on the officers they have only themselves to blame for any injuries!

Tis scare story is of course about isolated instances and the vast majority of case are quite normal!

You did not say how the illegal immigrants should be compelled to board the plane when they refuse?

I have bee travelling to Naija for 15 years now please tell me how Nigerian Police would react?

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

Excuse me!!!! Drama you said!! Guy, you don't know what is happening to these guys in their personal lives and for that reason, just keep your opinion to yourself. Most of these guys have their wives and children out there and you think it's easy for a man to just wake up and leave his family behind just like that......

Being a British wouldn't make me to turn a blind eye to these immigrants' predicament; these guys are going through hell on earth as we are here chatting about them. I have seen, experienced and witnessed their pains before and i ll continue to feel for whoever that find himself or herself in this mess.

Park well jare, if u are in asylum camp and u want to leave voluntarily, they wont hold u a day longer than necessary but some choose to play the hide and seek game with officers to buy time,l don't support brutality on immigrants but when ur case lacks merit, it is better to return home than to be treated like a piece of poo in the hands of officers,dem no tie there leg for UK,why go tru all those kasala in UK, when u can go back to ur home country..... undecided
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

I am not blaming or holding British government for this act of barbarism being carried out by these illiterate immigration officers. The words barbarism is being used because of the way these immigrants are(were) being treated by immigration officers; they usually called these immigrants all sort of names such as: cunt, animals etc

These officers used every available opportunity to beat these immigrants over trivial things. I ll cite my own personal experience as a case study here, i went to the clinic to get medical attention over the most itching bump i have ever experienced in my entire life; aftershave cream or anything that would clear all my itching bumps which i got as result of the most cheapest shaving stick given to us. I have never used shaving stick in my life prior to my detention; it has always been my personal shaving clipper.

However, i met a lady at the reception and i told her that my purpose of coming to speak to a Nurse/Doctor was because of my itching bumps; the bumps was already spread all over my face. Chai!!!! handsome guy turning to one Mofo. Guess what she said, she said i should go and find solution to it on my own.

I told her that i was being detained by British govt and whatever happens to me in their care remains British govt responsibility. And i said to her that was the purpose of that Clinic. She got upset and started calling me names. I called her names too and i left for my room while she was still going on and on. However, to my surprise, about 8 officers came to my Hall with their full combat gears to beat and attack me without listening to my own side of story. I was lucky that the officers in my Hall refused them access to my room; they told them that i was one of the best and quiet immigrant. I was eventually forced to go and apologise to the lady(Remember that i only called her what she called me) cos i was told that if i refuse to do that, not only would they take away my privileges but i would be threw back to communal room. Was that fair? I have to send for my British girlfriend(My wife now) to get me aftershave which was sent to me through post.

I am only blaming the wicked immigration officers(The bad eggs among them) who find happiness in degrading their fellow human beings.....

LondonKent:

I was equally locked down for a whole year.

However, unlike others , I really enjoyed myself throughout my stay there. The question is why was I treated differently? I was treated like king cos I behaved myself all through my stay. I hate insults with all passion and for this reason, I avoided anything that put me in a position of being insulted. I used that words "ENJOY" cos I lived on privilege scheme throughout my time there; access to sky tv and my personal room unlike others in massive dormitory with at least about 12 roommates.

LondonKent:

God forbid. I wouldn't go back to that shiit hole for £1m.

I used d words enjoy cos of the privileges (dvd, tv, satellite tv channels and my own personal room) given to me then While others were forming activists in their 12 to18 men dormitory...

Nigerians usually dominate these dormitories but other africans(most especially Zimbabweans) always fight back..........

Your story keep changing, from treating you like a king to beating you up....

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
lol..... grin grin grin
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
justwise:

Your story keep changing, from treating you like a king to beating you up....

Open your eyes and read properly my friend. If I come out to tell you that my parents treated me like a king as a well-behaved teen when I was growing up, pls how does that mean that my parents have never reprimanded or smacked me for bad habit or wrongdoing?

I was treated like a king in my hall by the immigration officers in charge of my hall simply cos I was well-behaved. I didn't participate in any protest. My abstinence from protest or any related activities made these officers to place me on privileges scheme; access to sky tv, personal room and dvd player.

I narrated what happened at the Clinic and how the combat team tried to come to my hall to beat and bend me just like the way they abused others but the officers in charge of my hall refused to let this combat team to touch me.

The officers in charge of my hall told the combat team that the guy in question was a calm and quiet guy; he is a good and well-behaved guy.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Think carefully about your criticism! I did not condone violence on these immigrants and anyone perpetrating such unjustly will be rightly brought to account! IF they resist and do violence on the officers they have only themselves to blame for any injuries!

Tis scare story is of course about isolated instances and the vast majority of case are quite normal!

You did not say how the illegal immigrants should be compelled to board the plane when they refuse?

I have bee travelling to Naija for 15 years now please tell me how Nigerian Police would react?

Nigerian police are like British police and America police; all are violent if u disobey their instructions(evidences all over youtube). The only difference btw Nigeria police and these UK/American police is their manner of approach.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Maximeo:
@ LondonKent, you've made very valid and truthful points here, I must note. Don't mind Justwise & Co, who are quick to support everything UKBA does. It's a fact that some UKBA officers are rude, liars (framing Immigrants up, etc), unfair and unnecessarily tough. Said UKBA officers have been found to lie on more than one occasions by Immigration Judges during tribunal hearings (it's no news).

The issue of collecting huge application fees but dumping the application for several years, thereby wasting peoples lives is also no news. In addition to racism, Britain has a black past (dark period) with colonialism, etc but, I am yet to read that Justwise and co condemn such.

Thank you brother. These guys you mentioned are like our forefathers who sold their fellow Africans into slavery back in the days. We still have them among us in 21st century. Am I surprised to see people like these guys (Justwise and his likes) among us today? No.

However, guess what! wherever we(blacks) go in UK, the first question a white man usually ask us regardless of our red passport is, where are u from "originally"? It's a question that every black man on the street must answer.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by itstpia8: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
if even illegal immigrants in Italy who are doing prostitution (as we are told), are erecting structures in Nigeria with the proceeds of their trade, I wonder why people who are gainfully employed (or not) elsewhere, would continue using one excuse or another to avoid doing the same.

why wait for immigration to start harassing you before you remember Nigeria?
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

Nigerian police are like British police and America police; all are violent if u disobey their instructions(evidences all over youtube). The only difference btw Nigeria police and these UK/American police is their manner of approach.

Well I have never had to bribe an American or UK cop. Nor do I believe the vast majority of them would accept it if they were offered. I have however had to bribe Nigerian police (on one occasion 1000n for two of them - Clearly I paid more than they were worth!).

So I think I see a few differences.

Also when I world in Naija and assess companies Health & Safety I examine their Journey Risk Assessments. ONLY in Naija have I ever seen 'Police Harassment' listed as an official risk!

I am (of course) not talking of isolated incidents which occur in EVERY country in the world (at least in many countries these instances get worldwide publicity which exposes the perpetrators and allows them to be brought to justice - although foreigners with little understanding them say 'look your police are bad' because of that instance) I am talking about endemic corruption.

Which police force is referred to as 'Kill and Go'?
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Well I have never had to bribe an American or UK cop. Nor do I believe the vast majority of them would accept it if they were offered. I have however had to bribe Nigerian police (on one occasion 1000n for two of them - Clearly I paid more than they were worth!).

Also when I world in Naija and assess companies Health & Safety I examine their Journey Risk Assessments. ONLY in Naija have I ever seen 'Police Harassment' listed as an official risk!

I am (of course) not talking of isolated incidents which occur in EVERY country in the world (at least in many countries these instances get worldwide publicity which exposes the perpetrators and allows them to be brought to justice - although foreigners with little understanding them say 'look your police are bad' because of that instance) I am talking about endemic corruption.

Lies from pit of hell. Just like every other countries around the world, there are always one to two bad eggs in a system and these bad bags always give room for their good colleagues to be tagged as bad officers.

Corruption is everywhere.

If you want to see the other side of what is being said on TV abt UK, ask for permission from d govt agency in charge of immigration centres to allow you to take your camera to immigration centres, trust me, you ll come back to tell me the story that u have never heard or witnessed before now
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

Lies from pit of hell. Just like every other countries around the world, there are always one to two bad eggs in a system and these bad bags always give room for their good colleagues to be tagged as bad officers.

Corruption is everywhere.

If you want to see the other side of what is being said on TV abt UK, ask for permission from d govt agency in charge of immigration centres to allow you to take your camera to immigration centres, trust me, you ll come back to tell me the story that u have never heard or witnessed before now

I am an Irishman from Belfast. I dislike the British so I have no illusions about them but there Police are some of the most professional in the world. I have been travelling and working all over the world (in about 26 countries in total) and have coming to Naija for 15 years now. Recently spending two weeks in every month there in places such as Lagos, Abuja, PH, Bonny and Warri. I see improvements in the naija police but know the endemic corruption.

My many friend in the Nigerian Community here keep me well informed as I often assist them. I have told you no lies about the endemic bribery in the Nigerian police force (Kill and Go = MOPOL) and the risk assessments.

Now what is your point?

A few examples of illegal immigrants being treated badly does not cover or negate the fact that illegals are treated better in the UK than in almost any other country. I know many of these people and speak from experience. It is my taxes that pay for their benefits and healthcare, their free education for their children. I do not begrudge this but don't like it being made to appear that they are systematically mistreated or any such nonsense like that.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Maximeo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

@ KoloOyinbo,

You're bold to state that you bribed a Nigerian Police, what a shame! Both giver and taker of anything bribe are criminals, as you certainly.

British Police may not take bribe because they're well paid, however if circumstances are reversed I believe they'd be worst. Despite the wealth and government welfare available to UK citizens, they still commit financial and other crimes, even MPs. Corruption also abound in Britain as well all know; please stop pretending about it, but state a balanced view here. I've read in the News about so many jailed British Police men/women for supplying prohibited drugs, perverting the course of justices, lying, collecting bribes, etc.

If you don't like illegal immigrants, you should first of all condemn British Government who were the first and foremost ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN AFRICA & OTHERS thereby 'setting the pace' by invading several soverign countries uninvited without visa or any sort of permission. Britain committed the worst crime of slavery amongst others.

Please tell me the right of Nigerians in UK as Commonwealth Citizen? Or is Commonwealth a mere deception??
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Maximeo:

@ KoloOyinbo,

You're bold to state that you bribed a Nigerian Police, what a shame! Both giver and taker of anything bribe are criminals, as you certainly.

British Police may not take bribe because they're well paid, however if circumstances are reversed I believe they'd be worst. Despite the wealth and government welfare available to UK citizens, they still commit financial and other crimes, even MPs. Corruption also abound in Britain as well all know; please stop pretending about it, but state a balanced view here. I've read in the News about so many jailed British Police men/women for supplying prohibited drugs, perverting the course of justices, lying, collecting bribes, etc.

If you don't like illegal immigrants, you should first of all condemn British Government who were the first and foremost ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN AFRICA & OTHERS thereby 'setting the pace' by invading several soverign countries uninvited without visa or any sort of permission. Britain committed the worst crime of slavery amongst others.

Please tell me the right of Nigerians in UK as Commonwealth Citizen? Or is Commonwealth a mere deception??

They solicited and harassed for a bribe. You well know it is regular practice among them.

I know about the minority of Police in the UK who are corrupt and they get caught and jailed. This gets wide publicity and rightly so. As I did point out earlier to refute this infantile argument in advance that also gives people who do not think well the opportunity to say they are all the same the world over - not so!

I don't like ANY illegal immigrants from ANY country. Come legally and be welcome as I frequently do to Naija. No one has the right to sneak into any foreign country just to live off the benefit system paid for by others.

I condemn all forms of Colonialism but this does not excuse illegal immigration or any fanciful ideas that these people are very badly treated.

As an Irishman I despise Slavery of any form. I am aware Africa suffered from it terribly with first Arabs and then Europeans raiding and stealing slave and more usually simply buying them from other Africans. It is one of the few things I find good about the British that they were the prime force in stopping such an abominable practice and outlawing the slave trade.

I have no love for the so called commonwealth and am glad the Republic of Ireland is not a member! As such I care little about it and it seems irrelevant to this topic.

Lets face it An illegal can come here and stay for quite a while the appeals continue and he is paid for and looked after at taxpayers expense - both him and his family. Should I try the same in Naija I wonder what would happen? If an illegal immigrant is ill here they are treated at Government/taxpayer expense even if it cost millions of Naira. There is no such provision in Naija for legal or illegal immigrant or even your own citizens. I am not denigrating Nigeria, a country I love and consider my second home, but please don't try and pretend these poor illegal immigrants are somehow victims. The come (as do all illegal immigrants) to the UK knowing they should not and take, take, take for as long as they can and when the process finally runs out they sob and cry upon deportation as if they have been wronged!

I realise they are simply looking for a better life but the resources here are not infinite and cannot keep the world!

Nigeria should be a rich country if it could get rid of the endemic corruption. Then there would be no need for these economic refugees!

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I am an Irishman from Belfast. I dislike the British so I have no illusions about them but there Police are some of the most professional in the world. I have been travelling and working all over the world (in about 26 countries in total) and have coming to Naija for 15 years now. Recently spending two weeks in every month there in places such as Lagos, Abuja, PH, Bonny and Warri. I see improvements in the naija police but know the endemic corruption.

My many friend in the Nigerian Community here keep me well informed as I often assist them. I have told you no lies about the endemic bribery in the Nigerian police force (Kill and Go = MOPOL) and the risk assessments.

Now what is your point?

A few examples of illegal immigrants being treated badly does not cover or negate the fact that illegals are treated better in the UK than in almost any other country. I know many of these people and speak from experience. It is my taxes that pay for their benefits and healthcare, their free education for their children. I do not begrudge this but don't like it being made to appear that they are systematically mistreated or any such nonsense like that.

The bolded lines are nothing but a mere assertion
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
LondonKent:

The bolded lines are nothing but a mere assertion

Assertion? Who pays then? You have much to learn about how the world works!
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by LondonKent: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Assertion? Who pays then? You have much to learn about how the world works!

You need to learn how we(Taxpayers) deceive ourselves by attaching "My Tax" to everything(Govt spend money, you ll all shout that govt is spending my tax, what is your meagre tax?)

My friend, you guys need to open your eyes and see the world around you so as to learn that life does not revolves around that meagre tax of yours. Everything i hear everyday from lazy UK residents is my tax this,my tax that which has become a norm to UK residents but I don't do it and I choose not to do that rubbish. After all, UK government spend billions everyday to give us world class social infrastructures and services or do you think it's your money that is paying for all this things? No. Also, I paid church offering every week but I don't go around shouting or accusing my pastor of spending my offering on others.

Finally, let me burst your bubbles, 90% of those guys you see in deportation camp or the immigrants you see on the streets have been paying their taxes over the years at higher rate as illegal immigrants; all these illegal immigrants were given a tax code that take as much as 30 to 35% of their salary/wages every month.

The system automatically generate these codes cos their National Insurance numbers are fake and there is nothing they can do about it than to accept their fate. I know all this cos I was once in their shoes. You can't know where someone's shoe pinches until you wear d same shoes.

Cheers
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by justwise(m): 8:28am On Mar 10, 2015
LondonKent:

You need to learn how we(Taxpayers) deceive ourselves by attaching "My Tax" to everything(Govt spend money, you ll all shout that govt is spending my tax, what is your meagre tax?)

My friend, you guys need to open your eyes and see the world around you so as to learn that life does not revolves around that meagre tax of yours. Everything i hear everyday from lazy UK residents is my tax this,my tax that which has become a norm to UK residents but I don't do it and I choose not to do that rubbish. After all, UK government spend billions everyday to give us world class social infrastructures and services or do you think it's your money that is paying for all this things? No. Also, I paid church offering every week but I don't go around shouting or accusing my pastor of spending my offering on others.

Finally, let me burst your bubbles, 90% of those guys you see in deportation camp or the immigrants you see on the streets have been paying their taxes over the years at higher rate as illegal immigrants; all these illegal immigrants were given a tax code that take as much as 30 to 35% of their salary/wages every month.

The system automatically generate these codes cos their National Insurance numbers are fake and there is nothing they can do about it than to accept their fate. I know all this cos I was once in their shoes. You can't know where someone's shoe pinches until you wear d same shoes.

Cheers

Exaggeration comes naturally to you honestly, illegal immigrants are paid cash in hand by the company who employs them to avoid getting in trouble with the immigration, so they don't pay tax to the govt, the company benefits from employing them.

Even with your exaggerations you still struggle to come up with any convincing point. Of course the UK govt expenditures come from tax payers even if its 1p, it all add up.
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Maximeo(m): 11:39am On Mar 10, 2015
Maximeo:

@ KoloOyinbo,

@ KoloOyinbo

KoloOyinbo:

They solicited and harassed for a bribe. You well know it is regular practice among them.
I know about the minority of Police in the UK who are corrupt and they get caught and jailed. This gets wide publicity and rightly so. As I did point out earlier to refute this infantile argument in advance that also gives people who do not think well the opportunity to say they are all the same the world over - not so!
I don't like ANY illegal immigrants from ANY country. Come legally and be welcome as I frequently do to Naija. No one has the right to sneak into any foreign country just to live off the benefit system paid for by others.
I condemn all forms of Colonialism but this does not excuse illegal immigration or any fanciful ideas that these people are very badly treated.
As an Irishman I despise Slavery of any form. I am aware Africa suffered from it terribly with first Arabs and then Europeans raiding and stealing slave and more usually simply buying them from other Africans. It is one of the few things I find good about the British that they were the prime force in stopping such an abominable practice and outlawing the slave trade.
I have no love for the so called commonwealth and am glad the Republic of Ireland is not a member! As such I care little about it and it seems irrelevant to this topic.
Lets face it An illegal can come here and stay for quite a while the appeals continue and he is paid for and looked after at taxpayers expense - both him and his family. Should I try the same in Naija I wonder what would happen? If an illegal immigrant is ill here they are treated at Government/taxpayer expense even if it cost millions of Naira. There is no such provision in Naija for legal or illegal immigrant or even your own citizens. I am not denigrating Nigeria, a country I love and consider my second home, but please don't try and pretend these poor illegal immigrants are somehow victims. The come (as do all illegal immigrants) to the UK knowing they should not and take, take, take for as long as they can and when the process finally runs out they sob and cry upon deportation as if they have been wronged!
I realise they are simply looking for a better life but the resources here are not infinite and cannot keep the world!
Nigeria should be a rich country if it could get rid of the endemic corruption. Then there would be no need for these economic refugees!

@ KoloOyinbo

Please refresh yourself with History Books about how your forefathers immigrated to USA illegally for want of better life and solely to escape from poverty. If Americans hate Illegal Immigrants like you do now they would've deported your Irish fathers.

In comtemporary times things are economically better in Europe hence they now maltreat and deport non eu immigrants, please get a life...there is nothing like ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, the Earth belongs to us all (It is of the Lord's and His fullness thereof.....).

Europeans preach human rights, they should live by it, as an example. Not everyone that has immigration problem in the UK for instance sneaked in! Some (mostly with families) came with valid visa but lost their job due to recession after working for several years paying TAXES & NI. This is unfortunate; I know a family man who was affected, he then put in Human Rights Acticle 8 Application to UKBA but didn't get a reply for about 5 years, worst still he and his wife were not allowed to work during the intervening period, and this is fair by your standard.

Colonialism still exist in different forms but that's a huge talk I'll leave for another day.

Commonwealth is relevant to this topic because its member states should have some rights in UK if it wasn't a fraud by Britain because it no longer favours them.

I'll comment later on some of the other submissions you made here when I get the time, got to get back to my work.

FROM WIKIPEDIA

Main article: History of immigration to the United States

American immigration history can be viewed in four epochs: the colonial period, the mid-19th century, the start of the 20th century, and post-1965. Each period brought distinct national groups, races and ethnicities to the United States. During the 17th century, approximately 400,000 English people migrated to Colonial America.[13] Over half of all European immigrants to Colonial America during the 17th and 18th centuries arrived as indentured servants.[14] The mid-19th century saw mainly an influx from northern Europe; the early 20th-century mainly from Southern and Eastern Europe; post-1965 mostly from Latin America and Asia.
Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island, 1902

Historians estimate that fewer than 1 million immigrants came to the United States from Europe between 1600 and 1799.[15] The 1790 Act limited naturalization to "free white persons"; it was expanded to include blacks in the 1860s and Asians in the 1950s.[16] In the early years of the United States, immigration was fewer than 8,000 people a year,[17] including French refugees from the slave revolt in Haiti. After 1820, immigration gradually increased. From 1836 to 1914, over 30 million Europeans migrated to the United States.[18] The death rate on these transatlantic voyages was high, during which one in seven travelers died.[19] In 1875, the nation passed its first immigration law, the Page Act of 1875.[20]

The peak year of European immigration was in 1907, when 1,285,349 persons entered the country.[21] By 1910, 13.5 million immigrants were living in the United States.[22] In 1921, the Congress passed the Emergency Quota Act, followed by the Immigration Act of 1924. The 1924 Act was aimed at further restricting immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe, particularly Jews, Italians, and Slavs, who had begun to enter the country in large numbers beginning in the 1890s.[23]
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Maximeo:

Please refresh yourself with History Books about how your forefathers immigrated to USA illegally for want of better life and solely to escape from poverty. If Americans hate Illegal Immigrants like you do now they would've deported your Irish fathers.

In comtemporary times things are economically better in Europe hence they now maltreat and deport non eu immigrants, please get a life...there is nothing like ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, the Earth belongs to us all (It is of the Lord's and His fullness thereof.....).

Europeans preach human rights, they should live by it, as an example. Not everyone that has immigration problem in the UK for instance sneaked in! Some (mostly with families) came with valid visa but lost their job due to recession after working for several years paying TAXES & NI. This is unfortunate; I know a family man who was affected, he then put in Human Rights Acticle 8 Application to UKBA but didn't get a reply for about 5 years, worst still he and his wife were not allowed to work during the intervening period, and this is fair by your standard.

Colonialism still exist in different forms but that's a huge talk I'll leave for another day.

Commonwealth is relevant to this topic because its member states should have some rights in UK if it wasn't a fraud by Britain because it no longer favours them.

I'll comment later on some of the other submissions you made here when I get the time, got to get back to my work.

FROM WIKIPEDIA

Main article: History of immigration to the United States

American immigration history can be viewed in four epochs: the colonial period, the mid-19th century, the start of the 20th century, and post-1965. Each period brought distinct national groups, races and ethnicities to the United States. During the 17th century, approximately 400,000 English people migrated to Colonial America.[13] Over half of all European immigrants to Colonial America during the 17th and 18th centuries arrived as indentured servants.[14] The mid-19th century saw mainly an influx from northern Europe; the early 20th-century mainly from Southern and Eastern Europe; post-1965 mostly from Latin America and Asia.
Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island, 1902

Historians estimate that fewer than 1 million immigrants came to the United States from Europe between 1600 and 1799.[15] The 1790 Act limited naturalization to "free white persons"; it was expanded to include blacks in the 1860s and Asians in the 1950s.[16] In the early years of the United States, immigration was fewer than 8,000 people a year,[17] including French refugees from the slave revolt in Haiti. After 1820, immigration gradually increased. From 1836 to 1914, over 30 million Europeans migrated to the United States.[18] The death rate on these transatlantic voyages was high, during which one in seven travelers died.[19] In 1875, the nation passed its first immigration law, the Page Act of 1875.[20]

The peak year of European immigration was in 1907, when 1,285,349 persons entered the country.[21] By 1910, 13.5 million immigrants were living in the United States.[22] In 1921, the Congress passed the Emergency Quota Act, followed by the Immigration Act of 1924. The 1924 Act was aimed at further restricting immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe, particularly Jews, Italians, and Slavs, who had begun to enter the country in large numbers beginning in the 1890s.[23]

Thank, interesting article but please don't CONFUSE two VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!

LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. The Irish went to the USA LEGALLY.

The world today is different and whereas in the past the vast majority of countries had little or no controls on immigration now due to it being easier for folks to travel almost ALL countries have immigration rules making people either LEGAL and welcome or ILLEGAL and unwelcome.

I am told that after I marry my Nigerian Fiancée I will get a Residents card but cannot get Citizenship for about 10 years! I hope I have been misinformed but this does seem very harsh. This is much more severe than the UK.

I agree the commonwealth is a nonsense. Merely to preserve a perceived position of favoured trading and authority upon the collapse of Empire.

I'm sure you know that logical arguments don't allow a general conclusion from one or two individual cases although in your case of the Immigrant losing his job there would have been a logical reason for his case. While waiting appeals etc he would have been supported by the government/taxpayer funds as would his family and any Children would continue their FREE EDUCATION.

Yes, Illegal Immigrants to the UK are treated much better than almost any other country would treat Illegals and certainly much better than Nigeria would treat any.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
LondonKent:

Cheers

The vast majority of UK government funds come from the TAX payer! I know in Nigeria Oil revenues make up most of the Government fund but the Uk does not have this resource like Niaja and spends much more on Social Welfare etc and so needs the funds.

I know because for nearly 40 years I have been paying those taxes! I come to Naija and earn perhaps £3000 pounds on a trip. ( just over 900,000n at todays rate) When I return I have to contribute at least 225,000 to the government!

Furthermore the government is accountable and budgets or where money comes from and goes to are scrutinised independently.

Now as for Nat. Insurance numbers I have had mine for all my life so I can assure you it is not fake. My taxes, healthcare, social security etc are all dependent and link to it!

Now as to bubble bursting you are very revealing here. 90% of illegals you claim are working. I believe this! They have no work permits and work. If they have a temporary dispensation to allow them to work then it is right and proper that they pay tax like the rest of us. And higher rates are where the system generates emergency codes which often happens to normal citizens anyway upon change of circumstances until it is sorted out.

Please don't try and tell me how my country works because you have live here a while. I am living here all my life. Have had two careers here and know the system intimately.

While instances of abuse happen and are rightly to be condemned the reality is that there is a problem with people coming Illegally to the Uk and other developed countries to find a better life. This is understandable but no country can afford to just open its doors to all and sundry. Illegal immigrant to the UK are in general treated better than in any other country and also have more rights of appeal etc.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by MickinAbuja(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=Maximeo post=31482774]

@ KoloOyinbo

There is a forgotten area of slavery that the world never mentions, not even the Irish. Please see http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076 where you will be educated and may come to known about what happened to the Irish Slaves

"They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade.

But, are we talking about African slavery? King James II and Charles I also led a continued effort to enslave the Irish. Britain’s famed Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing one’s next door neighbour.

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.

In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.

England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.

There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry. In 1839, Britain finally decided on it’s own to end it’s participation in Satan’s highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.

But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they’ve got it completely wrong.

Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories.

But, where are our public (and PRIVATE) schools? Where are the history books? Why is it so seldom discussed?

Do the memories of hundreds of thousands of Irish victims merit more than a mention from an unknown writer?

Or is their story to be one that their English pirates intended: To (unlike the African book) have the Irish story utterly and completely disappear as if it never happened.

None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot."

This information is contained in a book "White Cargo" published in 2008 and written by Don Jordan and Michael Walsh
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2015
[quote author=MickinAbuja post=33522976][/quote]

THANK YOU so very much for this information. I had a vague knowledge of something along those lines but this has made matters much clearer.

I am indebted to you!
Re: United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight by Marriott1980(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2015
LondonKent:

Thank you brother. These guys you mentioned are like our forefathers who sold their fellow Africans into slavery back in the days. We still have them among us in 21st century. Am I surprised to see people like these guys (Justwise and his likes) among us today? No.

However, guess what! wherever we(blacks) go in UK, the first question a white man usually ask us regardless of our red passport is, where are u from "originally"? It's a question that every black man on the street must answer.

I can relate to this....even as a naturalized american with my blue passport I still have to answer that same question of where are you from originally.... Well I'm always proud to tell them Nigeria and give them the look of "you got a problem with that"......I kick down doors in Iraq to make sure you guys sleep well at night so where I am from originally doesn't matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State / Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos / Edwin Ijeoma Who Renounced Nigerian Citizenship, Expelled From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.