Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 (1923 Views)

16-Year-Old Female Student Goes Missing (Photo) / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / 16 Year Old Girl Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by breakingnews234: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2015
Tracey Gibson, 45, (right) and her daughter Zara Hartshorn, 18 (left) both suffer Lipodystrophy, a rare condition which makes fat dissolve beneath tissue making the skin wrinkle prematurely.
They both have suffered bullying all their lives because of this rare condition especially Zara. You can imagine the treatment a 16-year-old, looking like a granny in high school would get.
'I’ve been ridiculed my entire life and endured all sorts of cruel names since school,' Mrs. Gibson said.
'I’ve had to put up with so much. I was never able to get a job and it does make you resentful sometimes.'

There suffering was ended when a team of American Doctors offered them a free plastic surgery. They were flown to the US for a $50,000 worth face-lift

WHAT IS LIPODYSTROPHY?
Lipodystrophy also known as the ‘Fat Redistribution Syndrome’, refers to a number of disturbances in the way the body uses and distributes fat.
One of the most common symptoms is fat loss in the face, causing sufferers to appear gaunt and wrinkled far earlier than their peers.
While it is a common side effect of illnesses such as diabetes, a small number of people are born with the condition.
The dissolving of fat beneath tissue can occur in different body parts in every patient.
Some will look haggered in the face and thin in the arms while others will see rushes of fat to the hips and legs.

. Continue for pics after surgery..

- See more at: http://www.breakingnews234.com/2015/03/the-rare-disease-that-makes-16-year-old.html
Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by breakingnews234: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2015
Before Surgery: Zara 16, (left) and her mum 45, (right)

Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by breakingnews234: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2015
AFTER SURGERY

Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by breakingnews234: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2015
ZARA AT AGE 7

Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by xynerise: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2015
lost for words undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There are just so many diseases, God help us..
Re: The Rare Disease That Makes A 16-year-old Look 60 by MzzTega(f): 11:56am On Mar 09, 2015
Nawa o

(1) (Reply)

Why Is This Mistake Common Amongst Kids(photo) / Top5 Things Women Can't Do Without / How 'You Did Not Insist' Cost My Friend His Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.