Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,819 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks (30372 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
EzePromoe:

This is very incorrect. Saying that it took you 8 mins to download ordinary 850 MB movie is not speed at all. Even my phone can do better than that and it's internet speed is not half of what you put up there.
Mathematically, if it took you (60x8)secs to download an 850 MB movie, then your internet speed is 850/480 = 1.77Mbps
16Mbps will download a 850 MB movie for 850/16 = 53.125 seconds.

Get your fact right bro.

Dude geta calculator.. First 16megabit per second is 16/8= 2megabyte per second..
Therfore in a minute i shud download 2 *60=120 megabytes... In 7 minutes i shud get 120 *7 mega byte.. Cant u see from d screen shot that i have 150megabytes left and d estimated time left is 1minute and some seconds...

Trying to sound smart yet you just embarassed urself.. Knw difference between Mbps and MBps

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by reemytall27(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Monzuur:
Shoro niyen?

Oyami lenu oo
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by samkizzy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
Every1 knows etisalat rules....on etisalat i browse n download unlimited n its almost free...
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by EzePromoe: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
TheNewGuy:

Dude geta calculator.. First 16megabit per second is 16/8= 2megabyte per second..
Therfore in a minute i shud download 2 *60=120 megabytes... In 7 minutes i shud get 120 *7 mega byte.. Cant u see from d screen shot that i have 150megabytes left and d estimated time left is 1minute and some seconds...

Trying to sound smart yet you just embarassed urself.. Knw difference between Mbps and MBps
Ok, I thought as much. But the standard for rating internet speed worldwide is in megabytes per second and not megabits per second. Take correction.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by kkoncept(f): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
holatin:
you mean I should use empty hen when Glo 1k for 3gig dey work for my android.

empty hen ko hem tin en ni

Like seriously? Does dat BB plan work on android?
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by EzePromoe: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
Baddestguyp:
I guess he was downloading at 16 mega bits (instead of megabytes) per sec
I see
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by totorimi: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
NO ONE SHOULD MENTION AIRTEL HERE, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF USELESS COMPANY
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't need to shout, do I? cheesy wink WIFI o

Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by okoheemmanuel: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
airtel n glo, God wil punish dem both for dia slow network..... etisalat n mtn rocks, but etisalat rule d world of speed @ wia i am
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by ribbit: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
sonickay:
I use Etisalat too, it seems dey are getting more competitive with speed and cost, they are the real bolt network. I use ETI for BIS, if network no good for ur area, disturb them. After 3months they upgraded their masts around my area and even rewarded me.
The only downside is dat I can't use it on my pc via d hotspot or oda means.
this is exactly what I did too and the hspa signal has always been on 95% to 100% since then... But they didn't reward..
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by ribbit: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
koonbey:
I don't need to shout, do I? cheesy wink WIFI o
which network?
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
ribbit:
which network?
I don't know, it's school WIFI.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by ribbit: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
koonbey:
I don't know, it's school WIFI.
in Nigeria.?
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by goodmorning40: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mtn na thief
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by damosky12(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
TheNewGuy:
Mtcheeewww

My etisalat gives me an average speed of 16Mbps so i wonder where these figures came from

Took me about 8mins to get that 850MB movie
Bros.... What data plan are using na? Cheat?
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by mceze(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
gurunlocker:
you dey take style advertise..... wey I dey use average of 5GB per day
hmmmmmm,Lie Lie
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by mceze(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
emmatok:
Lies, how can MTN be faster than IPNX fiber-optic network.
MTN is still using 3.5g for internet.
pls introduce me 2 dis network.how much is their cost for one month 24hrs browsing.contact me-angelezeus@yahoo.com,08036423660
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by gurunlocker: 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
mceze:
hmmmmmm,Lie Lie

if you've got no idea is either u ask or you shut the Bleep up.... gerrit?
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
this is surely a wrong research for sure and i can prove it anytime anyday .

SPECTRANET , COBRANET , SWIFT and ETISALAT all have better browsing speed compare to mtn when using 21.6Mbps modem

well i can use my money to buy data from mtn because it always free . if you need it then use http://limitedsite.com/computer-free-browsing-and-tips/mtn-bis-now-working-with-simple-server/ and if your own is to download from torrent then use http://limitedsite.com/computer-free-browsing-and-tips/how-to-use-mtn-bis-simple-server-torrent/

ITS FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Zolar4ever(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oluwagrace1:
Etisalat is better than the yeye emptyhen joor. Well I will say it depends on ones location.
Bt in term of bb, Etisalat cannot watch youtube
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by adenijiayo(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
That list of fastest isp is not complete with Smile not on that list and i also think Ibadan has the fastest internet connection in Nigeria. Smile has 4G network in Ibadan and fast is an understatement.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
ribbit:
in Nigeria.?
Yes Sir. UNILORIN.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by ribbit: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
koonbey:
Yes Sir. UNILORIN.
niceeeee
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by AIREGIN360(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=holatin post=31483456]you mean I should use empty hen when Glo 1k for 3gig dey work for my android.

empty hen ko hem tin en ni[/quote

pls tell me How u use Glo 1k 3gig for android. Thanks.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by austine4real(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
if Mtn were to sponsor NYSC there wll be no service grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by tomiobj(m): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=charismaticdave post=31462683][/quote]
Teen wolf is horrible

And mtn r bloody thieves
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by vicben27(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
MTN ke? Der netwrk is slower dan camellion! Dumped my Mtn sim dat hav bin usin since 1960 n am fully enjoyin my etisalat! ;DMTN ke? Der netwrk is slower dan camellion! Dumped my Mtn sim dat hav bin usin since 1960 n am fully enjoyin my etisalat!
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by Kingsasian(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Here in benin etisalat blazes faster than any other network just as its name.....eazy-blaze.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by MisturrVicks(m): 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bros, dunno where u got ur info, but sorry... To d best of my knowledge, the speed varies depending on location... Go to remote villages and some locations, Etisalat and Glo are damn fast, funny enuf you'll hardly get Mtn signal.. Even when ur travelling sef... Etisalat, Glo, then MTN....airtel is out of d league.
Re: Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks by charismaticdave(m): 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
OgheneTegadj:
u people should be moderate about ur SME charge.. here in delta state I buy 1 GB for 1500 naira. ur charge is less cheap.why is some higher and some cheap.

your SME recharge is just a call away, no more high rates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Free VPN For Android / Do People Really Fall For These Scams? / Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.