Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) (53615 Views)

Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) / Rag Day In Madonna University. (photos) / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2015
justified19:
everyone shouting electric cooker, is dis not Nigeria? electricity is very unreliable.

Sounds like you are not nigerian or else a pathological liar.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by adedayourt(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2015
Dammysmart:
I remember doing this while I was in remedial school at Unilorin, dose days en my body go just dey smell flames ni...lolz, Buh its an experience to remember though,

so guys nd ladies who amongst u remember this moments, share your experiences too...

Don't tink any skul in nig stil use dis, nt even n d last 10yrs

Even d tym it takes to light d tin sef, semester for don finish

1 Like

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by axeman10(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2015
Gone were those days...when we got to go lectures in 25minutes, and you still have to cook beans within that time frame. Solution? Put the beans on a hot-plate...dip in 2 boiling rings and watch your beans cook in 15ninutes

Thanking God for those days and blessing our hustles.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Decryptor(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That's some years ago.

Ok. I believe you
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:
This OP went to uni b4 d advent of kerosene stove and hot plate (electric cooker)

Choi u really suffer ooo, pele

The time frame you are referencing, students did not cook.

Neither did any university have the environment shown in that photo.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Lincoln275(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2015
op said unilorin remedial , u shouldn't blame him oooooo.may God help us in dz country
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by pweetixandy: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Everybody is forming...shior
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2015
Dammysmart:
I remember doing this while I was in remedial school at Unilorin, dose days en my body go just dey smell flames ni...lolz, Buh its an experience to remember though,

so guys nd ladies who amongst u remember this moments, share your experiences too...
Wow, I never did o and I didn't see any student who did. You think your school days were hard until you hear the stories of others.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2015
Mcowubaba:
Oga wen&wia u go ur own University
U r wearing a current Barcelona jersey with a modern day earpiece... U do not correspond with d coal cooker...

That coal cooker is a NEW invention (like 2010), I saw it recently in a market

Who invented that I wonder.

Are we moving forwards or backwards, with the plethora of universities springing up everywhere in the country, what is the meaning of this?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Lincoln275(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2015
@op shey na off campus ni? clear urself man
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by GboyegaD(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2015
harkindele:

my 5th year in uni...Hv neva seen a tin like coal stove too

Wow! Do you mind I ask the name of your university? I don't know if the cost of coal is cheaper compared to kerosene as that could be the reason for the use of coal pots in recent times.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Bluffly: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:
Coal pot in the university? I never saw this while in school though.
Its not coal Pot but coal stove
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2015
I used camping gas through out my uni days and had to take it to Rivers for Nysc. I hate anything that is not gas cooker.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by iseleiyanu(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Dammysmart:

Are you serious? where and when did you do your Remedial? mine was 2004 in d main campus... and you can't use that shit dia.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2015
lawanson44:

Only in yorubaland undecided

Must you swallow every lie you read here.

So you believe a student will choose coal over a kerosene stove or hot plate? Do you even know coal dust will be all over you or whoever is doing such?

So you will quickly bath before handling your coal covered notes and textbooks or what? Not to mention your coal covered clothes?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2015
Brother... you have suffered a lot in life. Even see your head like bicycle saddle. i am happy for you.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Dammysmart:

bros, what year/decade was this one?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:

Wow! Do you mind I ask the name of your university? I don't know if the cost of coal is cheaper compared to kerosene as that could be the reason for the use of coal pots in recent times.

we use gas, can't afford gas?...there is kero stove, can't afford kero too?...there is d option of waiting for phcn n using or hot plate. here in futminna
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by slap1(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2015
I used hot-plate and kerosene stove.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Etizz: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Make some people dey form oh.... Deep in u, u know yourself
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by blackjack21(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2015
Dammysmart:

And later you will say you school in France. undecided

08:27:35
Tue, Mar 10, 2015
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

The time frame you are referencing, students did not cook.

Neither did any university have the environment shown in that photo.

Wait oooo!! Oga explain urself oo

What time frame? So b4 d advent of kerosene stove nd hot plates students ate grass?? Enlighten me abeg ooo

You seem to have been around during that era to knw that no university had that kind of environment. You must have visited every university in Naija oooo.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:32am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:

Wait oooo!! Oga explain urself oo

What time frame? So b4 d advent of kerosene stove nd hot plates students ate grass?? Enlighten me abeg ooo

You seem to have been around during that era to knw that no university had that kind of environment. You must have visited every university in Naija oooo.

Are you alright?

Why are you trying to give the country a bad name? What do you mean a university had that kind of environment?

Since you are so dense, let me inform you students did not routinely cook in the hostels prior to the SAP.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by heayey(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
I did it also.....mine was with wood
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Laredojohn(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmm never saw this in unilag
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by heayey(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
I did it also.....mine was with wood, we usually use it whenever we want to cook beans
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by GboyegaD(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
harkindele:

we use gas, can't afford gas?...there is kero stove, can't afford kero too?...there is d option of waiting for phcn n using or hot plate. here in futminna

I therefore presume coal is cheaper, right?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by gragraboy: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
My condition no bad reach like that.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Eniqurl(f): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Hell No !!
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
good brains must be quite a luxury to u. But there is good news, u can eat some memory cards or upgrade to a new version on play store. Better yet, buy a used one on olx

So eating memory cards is the source of upgrading your brains...no wonder you think the way you do. Because the knowledge imparted by awo-ole-owo then via his fake free education was on floppy diskettes which you still use till today. So meaning your brains can only store 1.44mb of data. Unfortunately, floopy diskettes are no longer in the market. undecided
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:

I therefore presume coal is cheaper, right?
Yea....I guess
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by blackjack21(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
harkindele:

Real hunger nova catch that person.

08:40:04
Tue, Mar 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 English Words You Might Be Pronouncing Incorrectly / 'Bala-Blu, Blu-Blu' Spotted In Nasarawa State University Exam Question / Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.