Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Tips For Beginners In Writing And First-time Writers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips For Beginners In Writing And First-time Writers (348 Views)

When U Eat A Yoruba Woman Stew For The First Time(hilarious Pic) / Jss1 Student Begging His Teacher For Marks In Writing...what Guts!!? / How Can I Express Myself In Writing In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Beginners In Writing And First-time Writers by Horizonia: 6:35am On Mar 11, 2015
In recent times, countless numbers of aspiring writers have been discouraged in their writing career, owing to the fact that, they face many challenges in their bid to become reputable men of letters. Some people suffer from the heartrending disease of self doubt, lack of self whim and confidence.
Get this fact today, writing is not all that rosy if you lack foresight, confidence and determination. It demands planning, logical thinking and zeal. The zeal eggs you on even in tough times. Develop a ZEAL in writing today and you will succeed and and with time get your BILLS.

Why zeal and passion is necessary: A personal experience.

I have been pricked by many thorns in my world of writing. I fell so many times, rose up again, fell and rose continually like a cockroach struggling to find its way out of a slippery pool. It has not been easy so far, but if a mere human being like me could overcome it and emerge with long drums, singing songs of victory, then, you can do that as well.
During my early years of writing, I usually gave essay assignments assigned to me by my teacher to my sister to do for me. One fateful day, my teacher came to class with our essay notes. She remarked that:
“There is someone who wrote the best essay and got the highest mark, but I doubt the authorship of the essay being her handwork. Perhaps, someone wrote it for her…”
Long beads of sweat decorated my face. I silently acknowledged the fact that I was being praised for another person’s effort. My conscience then challenged me to pick up my pen and start writing on my own.
I tell you, my first attempt earned me humiliating and caustic comments from those I gave to assess my work. Oh my God! I was pushed to the wall. So, I made a vow to myself that I will make a very good writer and even out-Herod my jesters(those who poked fun at my work) and I strongly kept to my vow as I realised that ‘ Errors, like straws upon the surface flow, he who would search for pearls must dive below’ Now, the yesterday jesters are today my praise singers. This was my beginning!
I fought and conquered in a wrestle between me and a battalion of wits. I began to submit entries for essay and oratory competitions, many of which I won. I wrote impressive essays that people even doubt if I really am their author. I became proud of myself, as I never thought I could do something that amazing! I wrote poems and performed them as well in the prestigious University of Ibadan. My creative skills put me in the public gaze and earned me a lot of cash. You can achieve more than this, just believe in yourself.... [url]/s4LCLu-714[/url]
Re: Tips For Beginners In Writing And First-time Writers by Shurtman(m): 6:41am On Mar 11, 2015
Excellent post. Thanks Op

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Students Fail In School / A New Way To Get Reliable Education News! / Jamb Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.