Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? (5421 Views)

Price Of Toyota Corolla 2009 Engine Urgent! / How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage / Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2015
Took my corolla 2009__the one they call 'South Africa' for shocks replacement.
Was surprised to find that this car has no stabiliser Linkage, can't find any provisions for it on the car.
I'm worried cos I was told this would wear the shocks easily; and at worst make the car sway at certain speed.

Please if you own one, or has experience with this car help me confirm that this particular model has no space for it.

If it does, kindly send pics of yours (exact same model).
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2015
oNj:
Took my corolla 2009__the one they call 'South Africa' for shocks replacement.
Was surprised to find that this car has no stabiliser Linkage, can't find any provisions for it on the car.
I'm worried cos I was told this would wear the shocks easily; and at worst make the car sway at certain speed.

Please if you own one, or has experience with this car help me confirm that this particular model has no space for it.

If it does, kindly send pics of yours (exact same model).

Pics of your suspension area please, especially where links/swaybar should bolt up.
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Pics of your suspension area please, especially where links/swaybar should bolt up.

thanks man.

Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Hope this will do; or do I take out the tyre?

Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2015
more

Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2015
oNj:

thanks man.

Look at the pic I posted, the long red bar was removed from your suspension.
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJZIezv8YpZzBqtu_0UheyxYDhXlRVEdGBrK19hwySMdH187q05ownFdw[/img]
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJZIezv8YpZzBqtu_0UheyxYDhXlRVEdGBrK19hwySMdH187q05ownFdw[/img]

Thanks for your assistance.
Wish I could see pics of how they fit
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by emekan: 11:17am On Mar 11, 2015
From the little I know, your model of Toyota corolla comes with stabilizer linkages. In fact they are longer than the conventional linkages you find on other vehicles. I am sure like GAZZUZZ said that they must have been removed. I wonder at what point in time that could have happened?
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2015
emekan:
From the little I know, your model of Toyota corolla comes with stabilizer linkages. In fact they are longer than the conventional linkages you find on other vehicles. I am sure like GAZZUZZ said that they must have been removed. I wonder at what point in time that could have happened?

No idea. Just trying to see if I can fix it back
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by mayor2013: 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Remember if you don't have your sway bar there and you want to fix it. Warn that mechanic to lock up your steering before attempting to remove it and fix it unless he would over turn your steering and cut off your clock spring (squib sensor) which controls what ever feature you have on your steering wheel. Trust me man you wouldn't want to go through the stress of changing the clock spring if broken because not every one knows how to fix that. A bit technical
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by doroboss(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
mayor2013:
Remember if you don't have your sway bar there and you want to fix it. Warn that mechanic to lock up your steering before attempting to remove it and fix it unless he would over turn your steering and cut off your clock spring (squib sensor) which controls what ever feature you have on your steering wheel. Trust me man you wouldn't want to go through the stress of changing the clock spring if broken because not every one knows how to fix that. A bit technical

ONJ do not overlook these wise words if you value your steering wheel ribbon.

Doroboss cool
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
mayor2013:

Wow; thanks for the info, sounds scary though.

There's nothing down there, no traces left.

Sort of confused whether to go ahead with fitting it back, or do I just 'manage' the car that way
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anyone with this model of Corolla: kindly post pics of your stabilizer linkages, sway bar etc.
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by mayor2013: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
I use the 07 don't know if they are same. Well get its exact one that fits. If forced in you might continue to buy over and over again till you get the exact type, breakage would be the order of the day. It gives the car more balance particularly when you turning your steering. so its very important
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Saw a video on youtube that shows the location of the linkage --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2dfyNXClVU

Wondering where I can get the anti-sway bar in Abuja
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
oNj:
Saw a video on youtube that shows the location of the linkage --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2dfyNXClVU

Wondering where I can get the anti-sway bar in Abuja

Go to owode on ketu-ikorodu road, search for your car, or just ask some one by the gate what you need, they will take you to an accidented car, same make, just pick what you want. Should be less than 5k. Don't forget to buy any missing parts including bolts.
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by Piyke: 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

emekan:

A Kazeem is most likely responsible for this
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Go to owode on ketu-ikorodu road, search for your car, or just ask some one by the gate what you need, they will take you to an accidented car, same make, just pick what you want. Should be less than 5k. Don't forget to buy any missing parts including bolts.
I'm in Abuja.

Can we arrange: you help me pick/send them to Abuja
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Piyke:

A Kazeem is most likely responsible for this

Lol. Most likely. Wonder what could be their reason.

Surely not in my hands though
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by philip0906(m): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Have you purchased the stabilizer links? Else, We have the sankei links- N7000
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
fixed!!!
Got the parts in Apo from the guys that butcher cars.
13k for the parts and 3k for workmanship.
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by chukel(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
oNj:
fixed!!!
Got the parts in Apo from the guys that butcher cars.
13k for the parts and 3k for workmanship.
any difference in ride quality and performance?
Re: No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? by oNj(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
chukel:
any difference in ride quality and performance?

My brother, noticed better stability at high speeds, Still observing though.

Hoping that should prolong the life of my kyb shocks too grin

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Car Purchase At Owode Onirin / How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Engine Oil Encyclopedia - Everything You Need To Know In One Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.