Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 (5429 Views)

Peugeot 306- The Good & Bad Sides Of It. / Peugeot 306 And Nigerian Community / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by NewIdeas: 3:43am On Jul 17, 2014
House i seriously need info about peugeot 306 wagoon.if you have used it before kindly advise me before i make my decision to buy or not.thanks
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 17, 2014
how many do you see on the road? ....don't go there...find a 406 instead....for mysterious reasons 306....just don't stand the test of time....anyway wait for Ikenna351. But why not a mercedes benz grin?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Ikenna351(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2014
If you stay in Abuja, I would suggest you either go for 206 SW or step up to 406, even if it's D8. Availability of 306 parts in Abuja is a big challenge to owners.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by NewIdeas: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks all for your timely contributions.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by tdie: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2014
NewIdeas: House i seriously need info about peugeot 306 wagoon.if you have used it before kindly advise me before i make my decision to buy or not.thanks

I used a Pug 306 between 2007 and 2010. Nice rugged car, I daresay more rugged (due to less electrics) than the 406. I never had a problem with parts (I was living in Enugu, and the famous Mgbuka Obosi part market was just 2 hours away). I bought her naija used,then restored and used her for for 3 years, sold her, and the new owner used her till he totalled the car in a crash.

Weak points as always with Pugs and other European marques-temperamental electrics (if you let some quack rewire touch her-like I did mine back then :-( ) , I also had occasional door latch problems,but nothing serious. Engine and Suspension are OK. No big worries there.

But then these days, the 306 is quite a rare sight. Parts might be scarcer and more expensive to source so it does make sense to upgrade to a 406 or 206.

But in all, the 306 is a rugged workhorse...
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Emperoh(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Ikenna351: If you stay in Abuja, I would suggest you either go for 206 SW or step up to 406, even if it's D8. Availability of 306 parts in Abuja is a big challenge to owners.

Ikenna

Got any 206 for sale?
A colleague is in need of one.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2014
for how much?

Emperoh:

Got any 206 for sale?
A colleague is in need of one.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Emperoh(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
smartchoice: for how much?

What;s your figure?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
how much you dey take find am.....so I go fit arrange or make calls for you....if its worth it.

Emperoh:

What;s your figure?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by NewIdeas: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
Pls do anyone have any positive thing to say about peugeot 306 wagon because i so much love the design shape
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Does it have to be a Peugeot? I would find a more worthy marque to invest in if I were you.

Peugeot is simply living on past glory, IMHO. There are far more worthy and easier to live with motor vehicles on the Nigerian market.

Good luck on your purchase.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Ikenna351(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
NewIdeas: Pls do anyone have any positive thing to say about peugeot 306 wagon because i so much love the design shape

I am Surprised you didn't see the tdie's post. Or you didn't consider what he posted as positive? His post summarized everything. What beats first hand experience?

Now, I didn't state anything negative about the Peugeot 306 SW either. I only said of you are staying in Abuja, available of parts will pose a big challenge to you. I know because I fix Peugeots in Abuja as part job and Peugeot spare market is my 2nd office and the Peugeot spare parts dealers (both new & used) are my colleagues sort of, as well. So the parts are not as common as other Peugeots.

But why do you care about peoples negative about the car in this thread? Why allow dream killers kill your dreams or stop you from achieving your goal in life? You desire to own a Peugeot 306 SW, what stopping for going for the car?

You see, I expected you to ask for the pros & annoyances of the car, from people who have used the car, currently owned the car or have knowledge of the car. And not what Nairaland members feel about something a car. I mean, seriously?

Let me break it down for you. I appear to be the only guy that drives Peugeot 505 V6 in Abuja town. Do you think the parts are easily available for me in Abuja? Even before I ordered for the car in 2010, I knew I was not going to find the parts in Abuja. But did that stop me from going ahead with the purchase? No. Do you know how much I paid for that car? 800k. Yes, Eight hundred thousand naira only, in 2010. Crazy, right? Why? I was madly in love with the car. So what the world thinks about the car meant nothing to me. Why? Because, I would be the one to sit in it and drive behind the wheel; the papers will bear my name & responsibility of keeping the car on the road and in good rest on me, not my colleagues, siblings, loved ones or the world. So why the heck should anyones opinion about the car means anything to me? I knew what my colleagues said about the car when it arrived my place; I knew what some of my friends said at that time. But guess what. All them that had cars at that time, even those mine came before them, they have all replaced their cars they had that time. Some replaced their engines or transmissions twice before they got rid of them after given them series of headaches. What about the 505 V6? How many times have I replaced the engine since I got her? None. How many times have I replaced the gearbox? None. What about the clutch? None. How many times have I travelled with the car on long trips? I have lost counts. Has the car ever stranded me on any of the journeys? Not at all. The funny things, all those my colleagues and friends saying all those crap about my Baby never even for once done a trip with their cars, yet they have had engine and transmission failures, over and over, before they got rid of them. Now, do you think I should have listened to them?

A man doesn't run away from challenges, because facing challenges makes you a better man and more successfully in life. If you really really want something, damn it and jump in and face whatever that comes up and deal with. You won't know how good or bad it truly is until you risk it. If Mike Adenuga had seeked advice from Nairaland if he should go into Telecommunication, what kind of response do you think he would have gotten from Nairaland, even from close ones? A lot of people would have people would have advised him against investing in such sector in Nigeria, since Nigeria political system is not stable, incase someone comes up tomorrow and revoke his license. Would he be were he is today? One will never progress, when you are always trying to play safe in everything.

If you love the Peugeot 306 SW, then I would suggest you go for one with XU engine, since 405 and 406 had that engine and parts are very much available.

Australians regards Peugeot 306 till date as one of the best handlers Peugeot ever produced. So, beware of dream killers.

Ikenna

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Some Nigerians love their Kekenapep too, that doesn't make it a top choice.

I'm certain that with little effort I can find a nice little pocket on the internet of folks who adore the Trabant, as an example.

Be careful OP, misery, as they say, loves company.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by NewIdeas: 2:39am On Jul 19, 2014
@ikenna351.thanks my bros for that wonderfu contribution.its quite encouraging.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG: Some Nigerians love their Kekenapep too, that doesn't make it a top choice.

I'm certain that with little effort I can find a nice little pocket on the internet of folks who adore the Trabant, as an example.

Be careful OP, misery, as they say, loves company.

Your point exactly?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice:

Your point exactly?

It's not my job to educate you. If my writings are too difficult for you then saunter onto another post.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

It's not my job to educate you. If my writings are too difficult for you then saunter onto another post.

Make yourself clear so all that visit this thread can benefit.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Ikenna351(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2014
NewIdeas: @ikenna351.thanks my bros for that wonderfu contribution.its quite encouraging.

Now, let's go down the technical.

From knowledge I have gathered so far working on 306, their electrics are the same with phase I 406 (D8). Less electrics, which makes them easy to troubleshoot.

Only annoying thing is accessibility of sensors on the engine. Some sensors are mounted where its difficult to access easily. It can be very annoying sometimes. Though, that shouldn't be your headache, since you may not be doing the repair yourself, unless you plan to do that.

Like I said earlier, would suggest you look for one with either XU7 or XU10 engine. It will look like sitting a 406 (D8) with different body.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice:

Make yourself clear so all that visit this thread can benefit.

Everyone except you seems to not have an issue with it. It was on topic and a direct response to the OP.

Perhaps you need to bypass my postings if it continues to cause you angst. I've not violated any of the 21 rules of engagement.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
Am getting interested in a 406... But most of what I see are manual trannies undecided
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

Everyone except you seems to not have an issue with it.

Perhaps you need to bypass my postings if it continues to cause you angst. I've not violated any of the 21 rules of engagement.

I may choose to ban you...if you don't explain your post of dispute asap! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice:

I may choose to ban you...if you don't explain your post of dispute asap! cheesy

grin

My point is that it's not necessary for OP to buy an unpopular, unsupported vehicle in 2014 when there are clearly other much easier to live with vehicles. Most people on NL are buying daily drivers not weekend cars and I don't think most people have standby/support vehicles.

I don't think the OP should be buying Peugeot a brand that is mostly relying on her old laurels (impressive as they were), clearly a Honda, Mazda,Nissan, Toyota are much better choices for Nigeria. Easy to get parts for, common, etc

PS: I enjoyed being banned by the way, it's a badge of honor especially when it's undeserved. That'll be good therapy for both of us. The banner will have lashed out and the bannee would know he pushed the envelope successfully.

PPS: I owned a 505 STX in the US so I have direct experience.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

grin

My point is that it's not necessary for OP to buy an unpopular, unsupported vehicle in 2014 when there are clearly other much easier to live with vehicles. Most people on NL are buying daily drivers not weekend cars and I don't think most people have standby/support vehicles.

I don't think the OP should be buying Peugeot a brand that is mostly relying on her old laurels (impressive as they were), clearly a Honda, Mazda,Nissan, Toyota are much better choices for Nigeria. Easy to get parts for, common, etc

PS: I enjoyed being banned by the way, it's a badge of honor especially when it's undeserved. That'll be good therapy for both of us. The banner will have lashed out and the bannee would know he pushed the envelope successfully.

Interesting please do share your American experience, BTW you just escaped being banned for a few seasons grin

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice:

Interesting please do share your American experience, BTW you just escaped being banned for a few seasons grin

Peugeot left the US in disgrace in the early 90's due to lackluster sales, lack of proper dealership support hence no parts availability. They haven't returned since while other brands like FIAT and even new ones like Lexus, Infiniti, Kia, Hyundai are here.

The rumor is that Peugeot is either unwilling to certify there cars to meet US safety standards or they are unable to. This is my premise that they are living and relying on past laurels. They entered the US in the 80's when things were lax (no airbags, ABS, side impact beams, etc) but are unable to return when safety standards are much higher. I am suspect of any manufacturer that is not selling in the US market. We are voracious consumers of automotive goods. Even Honda and VW have manufacturing plants (plural) in the US.

So the STX (turbo) was picked up really cheap in early 90s, but surfers from the aforementioned lack of proper dealer network support. Simple things such as oil filter was a chore to get (this was pre eBay/Amazon), you had to go to speciality stores and they treated the parts as if it's made out of gold (much akin to what OP will be getting into in Nigeria).

If OP had said, "hey guys, I'm thinking of adding a Peugeot to my fleet of Citroen and Moskovitch" then my answer would be different. Because that would explain a hardy autoist.

This just seems like an unnecessary desire to inflict automotive pain on oneself. Nigeria is not conducive, yet, to dabbling with cars like this for the novice.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2014
okay...reasonable view, but the situation may be different in 9ja..given that we have an annex of France Benin Republic next to us, am also skeptical about the Op's choice of a 306 I will encourage him to look more @ the 406.

CityNG:

Peugeot left the US in disgrace in the early 90's due to lackluster sales, lack of proper dealership support hence no parts availability. They haven't returned since while other brands like FIAT and even new ones like Lexus, Infiniti, Kia, Hyundai are here.

The rumor is that Peugeot is either unwilling to certify there cars to meet US safety standards or they are unable to. This is my premise that they are living and relying on past laurels. They entered the US in the 80's when things were lax (no airbags, ABS, side impact beams, etc) but are unable to return when safety standards are much higher. I am suspect of any manufacturer that is not selling in the US market. We are voracious consumers of automotive goods. Even Honda and VW have manufacturing plants (plural) in the US.

So the STX (turbo) was picked up really cheap in early 90s, but surfers from the aforementioned lack of proper dealer network support. Simple things such as oil filter was a chore to get (this was pre eBay/Amazon), you had to go to speciality stores and they treated the parts as if it's made out of gold (much akin to what OP will be getting into in Nigeria).

If OP had said, "hey guys, I'm thinking of adding a Peugeot to my fleet of Citroen and Moskovitch" then my answer would be different. Because that would explain a hardy autoist.

This just seems like an unnecessary desire to inflict automotive pain on oneself. Nigeria is not conducive, yet, to dabbling with cars like this for the novice.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

grin

Did you just typed all these? Well lemme burst your bubble. Peugeot is a fantastic vehicle come to Nigeria and see how peugeots are driven mostly brand new (Its even distributed to uniformed officers) and you'd marvel most people I know using peugeots are using them as daily drivers car both for city and inter-states. When we go to the aesthetics, it beats your usual bland toyota, more upscale than your usual toyota econobox, security? Toyota and hondas cry foul and are choice cars for thefts but you can't try that with a BSI equipped peugeot. Handling and driving dynamics arrgh don't even go near there Peugeot supersedes them. Reliability, peugeots are good you don't have to live in a virtual world to read all the garbages written online and digest these junks. Even a toyota and a honda that's over praised for their reliability gets beat down and all you'd ever think of is is this truly a honda or a toyota that's glorified or a highly unpopular vehicle (people will say indian and chinese cars are death traps and are mechanics workshop delight)? Go try a peugeot and you'd be glad you did peugeots need mechanics who understand their system and its working + a PP2000 or lexia scan tool. Fuel economy, peugeot shines where an over glorified japmobile whines. Mind you I still see peugeot 504s, 505, 404 etc when I travel and I'm amazed at these workhorses. Don't look down on a peugeot unless you've driven one or work on one before.
Ikenna351 can explain why he's a die-hard leo fan.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice: okay...reasonable view, but the situation may be different in 9ja..given that we have an annex of France Benin Republic next to us, am also skeptical about the Op's choice of a 306 I will encourage him to look more @ the 406.

That's the beauty of life, so many different opinions.

I'm certain OP can sort through the opinions he solicited and make an excellent decision that will benefit him.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Let me spread my mat here, this will be interesting.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2014
lomomike:

1) Did you just typed all these? 2) Well lemme burst your bubble. 3) Peugeot is a fantastic vehicle come to Nigeria and see how peugeots are driven mostly brand new (Its even distributed to uniformed officers) and you'd marvel most people I know using peugeots are using them as daily drivers car both for city and inter-states. 4) When we go to the aesthetics, it beats your usual bland toyota, more upscale than your usual toyota econobox, security? 5) Toyota and hondas cry foul and are choice cars for thefts but you can't try that with a BSI equipped peugeot. 6) Handling and driving dynamics arrgh don't even go near there Peugeot supersedes them. 7) Reliability, peugeots are good you don't have to live in a virtual world to read all the garbages written online and digest these junks. cool Even a toyota and a honda that's over praised for their reliability gets beat down and all you'd ever think of is is this truly a honda or a toyota that's glorified or a highly unpopular vehicle (people will say indian and chinese cars are death traps and are mechanics workshop delight)? 9) Go try a peugeot and you'd be glad you did peugeots need mechanics who understand their system and its working + a PP2000 or lexia scan tool. Fuel economy, peugeot shines where an over glorified japmobile whines. 10) Mind you I still see peugeot 504s, 505, 404 etc when I travel and I'm amazed at these workhorses. 11) Don't look down on a peugeot unless you've driven one or work on one before.
12) Ikenna351 can explain why he's a die-hard leo fan.

1) Of course not, I dictated it to Javis my butler to type for me. A gentleman just doesn't engage the keyboard for more than two sentences grin

2) Ban me? Yes, till the cows come home. cheesy Bust my bubble? Sorry to let you down mate but you simply can't. wink

3) The classic ones are a thing of joy. The newer ones are bland, boring and unworthy. My opinion and you don't have to agree. Yes I live in Nigeria just like you and I see them but I also see kekenapep and old Bedford trucks. So now what? What has that proven?

4) Your opinion, Mine happens to differ. Op seems to like the Peugeots though.

5) Even here in the US they are a magnet for thieves. Now tell me, do thieves steal worthless items or valuable items? When was the last time you heard that thieves broke into a water treatment plant as opposed to a bank? They are stolen more because they are valuable. But any autoist worth his salt will know how to protect his vehicle to avoid this.

6) Have you ever set foot on an autos track and pushed any car to it's limit?

7) I owned one, I have associates that still doggedly operate couple of them. So trust me I know. You may choose not to favor my opinion but that doesn't mean that it's not coming from a credible position.

cool No car is immune to suffering from abuse. even Land Rover products are bastardized in Nigeria from lack of maintenance and cared for by illiterate shade tree mechanics. Any car will wither under those conditions.

9) I did already but not going to try it again. They don't sell it where I live because it cannot pass safety regulations and I will not buy them in Nigeria for reasons stated above.

10) I see them too. There's a diesel 504 Wagon a few blocks from me driving by an old chap. But then I still see other old cars so that it's on the road by itself doesn't prove that it's durable. How many engines, transmission rebels later are we talking about?

11) I'll pass. I can't ask a Fox to count the hens. I would expect nothing but praise of the marque from someone that limits himself to just one marque. On the alternative I listen, and inattentively, to folks that holds no allegiance to any one marque and have demonstrated that by owning by outright purchase many vast marques and various model of individual marques and not just googling information.

Ultimately the OP should be enjoying this and be abel to make a sound decision. I truly wish that he buys his Peugeot because God knows I've made many decisions that others thought were illogical but I had fun doing them.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Ikenna351(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

Being a dream killer is one thing, but labeling yourself as a strong one with stinking lies is worrisome. Do you really need to go this extent to kill Ops dream with all these lies above?

1. Peugeot left USA & Canada in 1992 or so because the sale has started dropping, after 505 was declared unsafe for lacking "airbag" only, which has been set as standard in US.

2. So you based your facts on rumor? Did you say Peugeot entered US in the '80s? And did you say Peugeots in US in the '80s had no ABS? Wow!

Peugeot has been in the US since the '60s. Peugeot 404, which the production started in 1960, was sold in US with 3-speed auto transmission. That is, Peugeot introduced auto transmission in 404 in North American market. Even before the 404, it appeared Peugeot sold 403 in US in the '50s as well, because quite a number of North America French Car online forums had and still have Peugeot 403.

ABS was standard in Peugeot 505 V6 which production started in 1986. All STX had ABS. But the 505 V6 with GLX and S badges in Canada and US had no ABS, because the Teves Mark II ABS Peugeot used then (integral ABS type) was not compatible with LSD (Limited Slip Differential). So the GLX & S badges were produced for those who wanted a V6 and LSD, but would have to sacrifice ABS. While all STX had ABS, including 505 Turbos (phase II). That's why all STX and Turbos had different shock absorbers and alloy wheels, because the conventional alloy wheels on other 505 badges were not compatible on the ABS brake Calipers and rotors which were bigger in size.

Peugeot had no option than to leave those markets because the sales were dropping and the newer products they produced then (205, 405 & 605) had no Airbag as well, which were selling in other regions and continents. So , they left and shifted their focus in those places.

3. Did you say you got 505 " STX Turbo"? On which planet?

Peugeot did not, I repeat. Peugeot DID NOT produce any 505 with STX badge that had Turbo engine. All STX 505 had ZN3J engine in them (145 hp). The 505 with STX badges were produced and sold solely in US and Canada. All had ZN3J- PRV V6 engine in their engine bays. The other 505 V6 in US that were not STX had either GLX or S badges, with the same 145 hp. While most European spec 505 V6 had 170 hp, the same ZN3J- PRV V6 engine, but tuned to perform aggressively than those sold in US. All 505 V6, no matter the badge, had Naturally Aspirated V6 PRV engine. None had turbo V6 engine, no matter the specifications. Only 505 with Turbo badges had Turbo engines, but none had STX badge. Where then did you buy your 505 STX Turbo? From Jupiter?

Let's not forget, Peugeot 505 V6 production stopped in 1989, even though 505 production continued. Because the newer PRV engines (ZPJ & ZPJ4) that succeeded/replaced ZN3J were launched in 1989 Peugeot 605 V6. To put it together, ZPJ & ZPJ4 replaced ZN3J.

For Anonymous members, its easier for them to come online and claim they own heaven and earth. Its easier for them to even claim they are the President of the country. You should have done your homework well before you come up with those lies, just to kill this guy dream.

For those that stay in Abuja, help me count from today and tomorrow number of Peugeot 306 you find on Abuja road. Even this morning, I counted 2 306 on the road while coming back from Church. I know how many people have brought to me to troubleshoot. Quite a number of 306 are on Abuja road. If they are not getting the parts, how come they keep on the road? But as someone who is into this brand, I would advice anyone interested in 306 to go for one with XU7 (1.8 L) and XU10 (2.0 L) engines, since the parts are very much available. Going for those with 1.4 litre will pose a challenge when something goes wrong with the engine, because something must go wrong someday.

70%, if not more, of shops at Gudu spare markets sells Peugeot parts, both new and used. At APO, we have London Line for European cars, Benz line, Japanese line and Honda Line. What about Peugeot? Peugeot has 3 lines all to itself. The France line, the 406 line 1, and 406 line 2. Yet someone is telling us from there that Peugeot parts are scare in Nigeria. Isn't that interesting?

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by NewIdeas: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thanks guys,i have really learned alot from you all.nice day

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ikenna351:

Being a dream killer is one thing, but labeling yourself as a strong one with stinking lies is worrisome. Do you really need to go this extent to kill Ops dream with all these lies above?

1. Peugeot left USA & Canada in 1992 or so because the sale has started dropping, after 505 was declared unsafe for lacking "airbag" only, which has been set a standard in US.

2. So you based your facts on rumor? Did you say Peugeot entered US in the '80s? And did you say Peugeots in US in the '80s had no ABS? Wow!

Peugeot has been in the US since the '60s. Peugeot 404, which the production started in 1960, was sold in US with 3-speed auto transmission. That is, Peugeot introduced auto transmission in 404 in North American market. Even before the 404, it appeared Peugeot sold 403 in US in the '50s as well.

ABS was standard in Peugeot 505 V6 which production started in 1986. All STX had ABS. But the 505 V6 with GLX and S badges in Canada and US had no ABS, because the Teves Mark II ABS Peugeot used then (integral ABS type) was not compatible with the LSD. So the GLX and S badges were produced for those who wanted a V6 and LSD, but would have to sacrifice ABS. While all STX had ABS, including 505 Turbos (phase II). That's why all STX and Turbos had different shock absorbers and alloy wheels, because the conventional alloy wheels on other 505 badges were not compatible on the ABS brake Calipers and rotors which were bigger in size.

Peugeot had no option than to leave those markets because the sales were dropping and the newer products they produced then (205, 405 & 605) had no Airbag as well, which were selling in other regions and continents. So , they left and shifted their focus in those places.

3. Did you say you got 505 " STX Turbo"? On which planet?

Peugeot did not, I repeat it again. Peugeot DID NOT produce any 505 with STX badge that is Turbo engine. All STX 505 had ZN3J engine in them (145 hp). The 505 with STX badges were produced and sold solely in US and Canada. All they all had ZN3J- PRV V6 engine in their engine bays. The other 505 V6 in US that were not STX had either GLX or S badges, with the same 145 hp. While the European spec 505 V6 had 170 hp, the same ZN3J- PRV V6 engine, but tuned to perform aggressively than those sold in US. All 505 V6, no matter the badge, had Naturally Aspirated V6 PRV engine. None had turbo V6 engine, no matter the specifications. Only 505 with Turbo badges had Turbo engines, but none had STX badge. Where then did you buy your 505 STX Turbo? From Jupiter planet?

let's not forget, Peugeot 505 V6 production stopped in 1989, even though 505 production continued. Because the newer PRV engine has been laughed with Peugeot 605 V6, because they have PRV has discontinued ZN3J production.

As anonymous members, its easier for them to come online and claim they own heaven and earth. Its easier for them to even claim they are the President of the country. You should have done your homework well before you come up with those lies, just to kill this guy dream.

For those that stay in Abuja, help me count from today and tomorrow number of Peugeot 306 you find on Abuja road. Even this morning, I counted 2 306 on the road while coming back from Church. I know how many people have brought to me to troubleshoot. Quite a number of 306 are on Abuja road. If they are not getting the parts, how come they keep on the road? But as someone who is into this brand, I would advice anyone interested in 306 to go for one with XU7 (1.8 L) and XU10 (2.0 L) engines, since the parts are very much available. Going for those with 1.4 litre will pose a challenge when something goes wrong with the engine, because something must go wrong someday.

70%, if not more, of shops at Gudu spare markets sells Peugeot parts, both new and used. At APO, we have London Line for European cars, Benz line, Japanese line and Honda Line. What about Peugeot? Peugeot has 3 lines all to itself. The France line, the 406 line 1, and 406 line 2. Yet someone is telling us from there that Peugeot parts are scare in Nigeria. Isn't that interesting?

Ikenna

Eeya....pele Ikenna, are you still mad from our previous encounter? Does this mean you're going to have your cohort ban me again grin

City "aka Dream Killer" NG grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Private License Plates??? / My Car Tour From Lagos To Enugu (007 in Action) / Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.