Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan (1119 Views)

MTVbase Compares WizKid To D'banj. WizKid Slams Them / Maheeda's Response To A Concerned Fan / Tiwa Savage Rocks See-through Dress To D'banj's Concert | Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2015
I thought we had passed this phase of Dbanj’s career?

Sizing up his phallus, suggesting sexual machismo, endorsing chauvinism and being a general nuisance?

For all of his self-proclaimed virtues, we now know Dbanj is incapable of making another hit song. It’s like losing your wife and realising all those years of “great sex” was untrue, because the minute she left and you hooked up with another woman, she tells you- without the advantage of love- that your skills are lame.

Dbanj has struggled. Oh dear! Every song-and you can see that he lost sleep, sweated blood, outdid himself and upped his braggadocio, STILL a hit track has eluded him like sanity eludes the streets of Lagos.

The problem is not that he cannot save his music, the problem is he IS trying to save it. Let it go, KOKO master. That thing, unfortunately, is limp.

Fortunately, there’s more to his brand than music. Leave Olamide to thrill Lagos fans even without opening his mouth, it is his time. You, Dbanj, lost it when you lost it.

It is time to reinvent the enigma that you are. You are Dbanj. For whatever reason, you will continue to be relevant for as long as you realise music is not where it is going to happen. See what these small-small boyz are doing to King MI, for instance, messing up his palace with graffiti having more punch than his best lines.

It is hard out here, bro. So take advantage of what you have: You have the looks (at least women like what they see), you have charisma, you have good style, you know some of the biggest names from oil to corporate Nigeria to politics, you have dated their daughters. You have a standing and clout in social crowds.

Dear Dbanj, it is time to reinvent you. Enough of these idiotic dance steps. It is time to become a media mogul, forget one-one kobo songs, leave it to the talented.

Focus on your Koko phones, Koko garri, Koko pure water- exporter/importer tinz. Get into fashion, get a Mai Atafo to build a fashion label around your brand and get that friend of yours- Kanye West to wear one of your samples.

Then send another one to that other dude that keeps sending you gifts from France.

Send another to Big Sean. Use your networks well. What else?

Start a proper music business.

Get two hot artistes and invest in their music. Let them sing what you left inside Don Jazzy’s mouth. Be the boss. Dbanj, it is time to be the Bawse!

This has been true for P.Diddy (aka Sean Puffy Combs)

Can Diddy sing? No!

Can he rap? Hell NO!

Is he richer than many Americans and their unborn kids? YES! YES!! YES!!!

I might not be a fan, but I liked your shoes at your first MTV Award event some years back. That should count for something.

So here’s wishing all the best.
And hopefully, we do not see you in this state of hopelessness, hoping to woo the crowd by all means ever again.

Joy Isi Bewaji.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/03/open-letter-to-dbanj-from-concerned-fan.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by CrazyScientist: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2015
grin yepa! !! grin
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by Redoil: 11:36am On Mar 11, 2015
Like a typical Yoruba musician singing confusingly. Emusmith have you ever tasted the garri ur kokomaster is selling?
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by gaburiel(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
Everybody seems to be expert advising everybody else, except themselves.

I hope Mr Adviser is more relevant than D Banj in his field, otherwise he should advise himself first.
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by IamOpemipo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
...btw GEJ and D'banj who collect open letter pass?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by malonephill(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Another bitter truth! Many will not admit again undecided sh*t happening in naija music industry

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Redoil:
Like a typical Yoruba musician singing confusingly. Emusmith have you ever tasted the garri ur kokomaster is selling?

Garri? What does that mean?
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by iamboody(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
I think this is a constructive criticism, but I wonder why people are much concerned about Dbanj anyway. Every body want to talk about him, write open letter to him as if he is the real deal. People talk about Dbanj as if Don Jazzy is not Over hyped, Tuface is still churning out club Bangers, P square don't have flat performances or as if M.I gave OJB #7M for his operation. You have all made Dbanj the most talked about celebrity in Nigeria. Please stop it!!!
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
If this letter is recent - then I can succinctly say,this fan is just overflogging issues.

Who doesn't know that Dbanj is no longer in the music industry?

The youngman goes to the studio once in a while to practice singing...lol.

dechandel:
Koko master!!
But wait o Mr Adviser, did Dbanj ever tell you he is still in the music industry
Daddy's investment.
I will report you o tongue @dp

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by chucky234(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Wish Dbanj can do away with his ego and take this advice serious, I know his egocentric nature will never let Bangalee see the TRUTH in this write-up.
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by englishmart(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
what that fan thinks is his/her own business....
It wouldn't affect D'banj in any way
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by englishmart(m): 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
in due time we shall close every opened letter
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by dechandel(f): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
Koko master!!
But wait o Mr Adviser, did Dbanj ever tell you he is still in the music industry

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by dechandel(f): 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Daddy's investment.
I will report you o tongue @dp
LOL cheesy cheesy
Also tell whoever you will be making the report to,that i was styled by Kachisbarbie kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
DBanj now roles with Yooung African Billionaires and he has KOKO TV. Can you beat that Mrs Bewaji ?
Re: Open Letter To D'banj From A Concerned Fan by hatux: 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Dude is just an entertainer!

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Officially Joins NYPD / Dj Cuppy Maintains Urban And Fascinating Looks In New Released Photos / This Would Make You Have A Second Thought About Reincarnation [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.