Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? (1571 Views)

Help!! I Have Been Denied Shengen Visa Twice.. / African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Spanish Visa For My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can i use a spanish visa or schengen visa to enter the UK or i will need to get a UK visa separately?
thanks for your professional advise.
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by worry359(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
b2212:
Can i use a spanish visa or schengen visa to enter the UK or i will need to get a UK visa separately?

No UK is not part of Shengan.
You must apply and pay for UK visa.
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
NO,You need to apply and get UK Visa
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2015
worry359:

No UK is not part of Shengan.
You must apply and pay for UK visa.

thanks for the response.
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 10:46am On Mar 13, 2015
Rayhut:
NO,You need to apply and get UK Visa

thanks.
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2015
b2212:

does having a schengen improve my chances of getting a UK VISA?
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by oladunwo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
It depends on the shengen country that ua. If ua in Germany, u can enter UK with train but u must posses valid papers connecting you to germany. For instance, as a student in germany, u can goto UK with train but there is a maximum staying period.
One love
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by worry359(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
oladunwo:
It depends on the shengen country that ua. If ua in Germany, u can enter UK with train but u must posses valid papers connecting you to germany. For instance, as a student in germany, u can goto UK with train but there is a maximum staying period.
One love
Misleading answer!
A Nigerian can not enter the UK even to visit without a visa.
Being a student makes no difference, it is the country that you come from that is important.
Even by train you will be checked before entry for correct visa.
No talk of "transit visa" that is only for air passengers and they can not leave the terminal.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
worry359:

Misleading answer!
A Nigerian can not enter the UK even to visit without a visa.
Being a student makes no difference, it is the country that you come from that is important.
Even by train you will be checked before entry for correct visa.
No talk of "transit visa" that is only for air passengers and they can not leave the terminal.

Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by Shagati(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
b2212:

Short answer, yes!
It shows that you have successfully undergone some form of screening and as such you would rate higher during the UK visa application process than say a newbie.

Some countries don't even ask for a process for their visa as long as you have either a UK, American or Schengen visa already. Turkey comes to mind.
Re: Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? by b2212(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Shagati:

Short answer, yes!
It shows that you have successfully undergone some form of screening and as such you would rate higher during the UK visa application process than say a newbie.

Some countries don't even ask for a process for their visa as long as you have either a UK, American or Schengen visa already. Turkey comes to mind.

thanks Shagati

(1) (Reply)

PTA Allowance Info / The Most Violent Cities In South Africa / Please, Help Him, He Is Travelling To UAE Next Week, Tell Him What He Needs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.