Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Kalām Cosmological Argument - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Kalām Cosmological Argument (23312 Views)

A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God / Does GOD Exist? "The Cosmological Argument" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Kay17: 3:42pm On May 07, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Meaningless sophistry. You make a FOOLISH STATEMENT - "Atheists have successfully argued that God as the West conceives it, is a contradictory entity and therefore cannot exist" IF this was as you claim then there would be NO Deists! The fact that they exist means the argument was NOT successful. In fact only someone so foolish to believe that you CAN prove God exists is as silly as someone who believes you can prove he does not.

You basic and fundamental error in your very first statement is compounded by further begging of the question in the second statement.

Where have these things been disproven? Nowhere in fact. You really need to begin your study all over again! You are coming out with more and more errors of even greater magnitude the more you say.

Even if it is clear to the blind there is no God, theists and deists and their ilk will still rely on faith like a useful blindness.
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
Kay17:

Even if it is clear to the blind there is no God, theists and deists and their ilk will still rely on faith like a useful blindness.

You statement uses the word IF thus making it questionable. But in any case you have simply MADE a statement without any rational support!

We believe you because you say so! (It doesn't work that way - you must construct an argument based on support rather than simply your say so, especially as your posts so far have been lacking in any for of rational argument or indeed even basic insight into the issue).

Really, you do need to sharpen how you think.

And IT is NOT clear to ANYONE there is NO GOD.

I was a scientist for 20 years, I have travelled the world, I have a IQ of 148. It is certainly NOT clear to me (quite the contrary in fact). So where the nonsense statement come from. HOW is it possible for you to assert that?

You must open your mind a little more. So far I see someone who has made a decision based on nothing more than what they wish to believe and who will attempt to dispute anything that does support them right or wrong or even if they understand it or not.
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Kay17: 5:37pm On May 08, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You statement uses the word IF thus making it questionable. But in any case you have simply MADE a statement without any rational support!

We believe you because you say so! (It doesn't work that way - you must construct an argument based on support rather than simply your say so, especially as your posts so far have been lacking in any for of rational argument or indeed even basic insight into the issue).

Really, you do need to sharpen how you think.

And IT is NOT clear to ANYONE there is NO GOD.

I was a scientist for 20 years, I have travelled the world, I have a IQ of 148. It is certainly NOT clear to me (quite the contrary in fact). So where the nonsense statement come from. HOW is it possible for you to assert that?

You must open your mind a little more. So far I see someone who has made a decision based on nothing more than what they wish to believe and who will attempt to dispute anything that does support them right or wrong or even if they understand it or not.

Probably you are partially blind yourself. I carefully used "if" as a conditional term to create an assumption where I suspend the raging dispute of whether or not God exists, to make a point.

My words again; were "even if".
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Kay17: 7:50pm On May 08, 2015
Koloyinbo's argument summarised:

"I do not know nor have an idea of the God we are talking about but I'm sure of one thing -- nobody can prove nor dismiss him"

1 Like

Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:56pm On May 08, 2015
Kay17:

Probably you are partially blind yourself. I carefully used "if" as a conditional term to create an assumption where I suspend the raging dispute of whether or not God exists, to make a point.

My words again; were "even if".

What raging dispute?? To anyone with understanding there is no dispute. In the absence of prove you choose your preferred option which is as valid as the opposing view.

And again you try to be offensive by equating FAITH to a useless blindness. (Also without any support for your assertion)

As I say - you need to sharpen you analytical skills.
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2015
Kay17:
Koloyinbo's argument summarised:

"I do not know nor have an idea of the God we are talking about but I'm sure of one thing -- nobody can prove nor dismiss him"

I can summarise my own arguments thank you. Especially if the above is the best that you can do. Do you usually try to make points in this invalid manner?
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Kay17: 12:03am On May 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

What raging dispute?? To anyone with understanding there is no dispute. In the absence of prove you choose your preferred option which is as valid as the opposing view.

And again you try to be offensive by equating FAITH to a useless blindness. (Also without any support for your assertion)

As I say - you need to sharpen you analytical skills.

BUT isn't Faith a form of blindness?!

People like you and other theists making statements you can not stand by
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:54am On May 09, 2015
Kay17:

BUT isn't Faith a form of blindness?!

People like you and other theists making statements you can not stand by

No more than the Atheist makes statements they cannot stand by?

Now EXACTLY WHICH STATEMENT can I NOT stand by.

Please quote it IF YOU CAN! (more sloppy thinking)
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Kay17: 12:59am On May 09, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

No more than the Atheist makes statements they cannot stand by?

Now EXACTLY WHICH STATEMENT can I NOT stand by.

Please quote it IF YOU CAN! (more sloppy thinking)

Who then is God?
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:57pm On May 09, 2015
Kay17:

Who then is God?

That is a TOTALLY separate question. Part of your problem is that you mix everything together and thus can never arrive at ANY useful conclusion.

For the purposes of the Kalam thread, God is a proposed CREATOR for the Universe. (VERY SIMPLISTIC).

For the Atheism, Theist and Agnostic debate on another thread then I suspect it will probably do but am not quite so sure on that one.

Other threads and questions may well require a tighter definition but this should suffice for now.

Random jumping from question to question rarely will achieve much and you should be careful because it may be misinterpreted as it is a common mechanism that is resorted to when out of depth.

I note with pleasure that when challenged to quote one of my statements that I cannot stand by, you did not. I do think everything through very carefully first. Also as an ex scientist I am my own severest critic. When you are about to say something consider "Now, how would I fault this statement if I wanted to argue with it?". This will assist in making you express your idea precisely AND remove the extraneous arguments arising not from dispute in what you said but from other misunderstanding what you said.
Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by Joshthefirst(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You have a point here?

If God could be PROVEN there would be no Atheists and no Agnostics. Nor would be be saved by FAITH.

Like I said, you know little of Christianity.
And unfortunately you do not even know what the Christian faith is.

1 Like

Re: The Kalām Cosmological Argument by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2015
Joshthefirst:
And unfortunately you do not even know what the Christian faith is.

Considering your gross misunderstanding of Christianity, God and Faith I shall treat your remarks with the weight they deserve! LOL. Next!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2017 Prophecies / Winners Member: "Church Hand Band Delivered Me From Ritualists In Abuja" / David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.