Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device (1192 Views)

Startimes Unveils High-tech 2-in-1 Combo Decoder In Nigeria / Hot Sale !!!!! 5 In 1 Heat Transfer Machine At A Good Price For T-shirt/mug/cap/ / Hot Sale !!!!! 5 In 1 Heat Transfer Machine At A Good Price For T-shirt/mug/cap/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by Leopantro: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
- Personal Cloud Storage

- Portable Travel Router

- Wi-Fi Hotspot

- 6,000mAh External Battery Charger

This is as a result of a post by Billyonaire I responded to
I have always considered a NAS device to stream media files to various devices connected to a wifi network and also my personal cloud storage. Main reason I got an MK808 but setting it up was laborious. Then I came across this device on lifehacker and ordered it. It’s a jack of all trade for a frequent traveler. The functions include

1. POWERBANK: Has an internal battery with 5200mAh rating to charge my phone and other devices while on the go.
2. PORTABLE HOTSPOT: Personal Mi-Fi device . connect up to 5 devices to it
3. WI-FI REPEATER: Extend the range of my phone’s portable hotspot capability
4. NAS STORAGE DEVICE: best part. Connect a flash drive or hard drive to the device, put on the wifi function and stream the media contents of the connected storage to devices on the network. The device comes with an app that can regulate which device to stream to and who gets access to the internet.
5. WI-FI ROUTER: For hotels with wired network. Has a Ethernet port at the bottom which the wired jack can be plugged into. The device converts the wired network into a wireless network

The Good:
• It’s light; despite all the extra Wi-Fi/NAS functionality packed in, it weighs around 10 ounces, which is on par with regular battery packs.
• It’s easy to set up; if you don’t care much about updating SSIDs and passwords, you can just plug it in an go.
• Internet speeds and NAS transfer speeds are surprisingly snappy for a little tiny micro-router.
• Detailed instruction manual covers every setup question.
• If you’re away from an outlet and using the device to stream, it has great battery life; you could stream movies off it for a lengthy car ride or flight without a problem

.The Bad:
• Where the hell is the flashlight? You’re going to give us a battery, Wi-Fi router, and a NAS, but not a tiny LED flashlight? We were irrationally disappointed about this. It was one design consideration away from being a veritable Swiss Army knife!
• The extra file management software seems like bloatware. Yes, not everyone is intimately versed in using network shares, but the instruction manual could have easily highlighted how to connect to a network share.
• 5200 mAh is a respectable size (and larger than many of the devices competitors), but not enough to fully recharge large tablets.

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/review/hootoo-tripmate-review/

Re: Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by neduprince(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
How much is this bro?
Re: Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2015
I have one but mine's battery is not as big.
Re: Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by Leopantro: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
Got mine for N8000. I have noticed that the wifi range is wider than that of an android phone, can connect 6 devices to it. Love the streaming of files from my own personal cloud. The battery is okay.

Came across something similar on aliexpress. Doesn't have all the functions though

Re: Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by raynold(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
really nice.. where did you order yours? @leo

www.swapam.com
Re: Hootoo Tripmate Elite - 5-in-1 Portable Traveling Device by Leopantro: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
Amazon, via mall for Africa

(1) (Reply)

MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. / 10 Explanations For Ufos Weirder Than Aliens / How To Install The Latest Internet Download Manager IDM And Crack It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.