Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. (1197 Views)

Mystery Solved - How To Make Phone Calls On The Ntel Network / E50-32 Dstv Error Solved ! / Bermuda Triangle Mystery - Facts And Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 11:59am On Apr 01, 2015
Have you ever been in a tensed mood, and all that can relieve you is a soft music from your phone. You get your earphone out of your pocket only to find it knotted in a messy way. It's very annoying right? having to go through the stress of loosening the wires is another reason for you to be in an even tenser mood.

But silly as it may sound, Physicists have been able to explain the reason why our earphones always get tangled within a short period of time.
To solve this mystery, the scientists started by randomly tumbling strings of different stiffness in a box. And so, they found out that strings with lesser stiffness had more tendencies of forming a knot while the more stiffer strings did not tangle together.
Another factor which they discovered was that the length of the strings also played a role in the "knotting process". After about 3,000 trials of both long and short strings, they found out that strings that where shorter than 1.5 feet could not tangle together. But strings longer than that would always tangle.
So there you have it folks, now y'all know the reasons for those tied up earphones. And if you don't want to go through the stress of always loosening your tangled earphones, I would advice you to get a wireless one.

1 Like

Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by sholikay(m): 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Really?
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 12:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
sholikay:
Really?

yeah! did a research when i kept wondering about it.
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
so what do y'all think? true/false? have ur say...
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Mods help me here...
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by kemiola89(f): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
And you call that mystery? cheesy It's a very simple logic.
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
kemiola89:
And you call that mystery? cheesy It's a very simple logic.

well i never knew why...until i had to find out and i thought i should share it with others too.
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by kemiola89(f): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
RobinHez:

well i never knew why...until i had to find out and i thought i should share it with others too.
Yeah, you did the right thing by sharing. I'm sure some would find it helpful.

1 Like

Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2015
edscienceblog..com
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
smiley
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
it is so frustrating... u have to start untangling the ear piece....
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
hiroz:
it is so frustrating... u have to start untangling the ear piece....
Yeah angry
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by sinaj(f): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
all dix while, I tot iz folks from my village angry

still stwange though
Re: MYSTERY SOLVED! The Reason Behind The Tangling Of Earphones. by RobinHez(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
sinaj:
all dix while, I tot iz folks from my village angry

still stwange though
Lool...funny girl.

Thanks 4 stopping by sha.

(1) (Reply)

- / Terror Snake Finally Killed In Zaria Today / Solar Lantern With Multi Functions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.