Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis (1069 Views)

This Guy Predicted Barca & PSG Match On Facebook (Pictures) / Chelsea Vs Southampton: Match Analysis And Report / 5 Things We Learned From Man United 0-2 Psg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by francizy(m): 1:11am On Mar 12, 2015
The match between Chelsea FC and Paris Saint Germain FC is unarguably the most interesting (best) Champions league match in the 2014/2015 football season. You wouldn't blame a football novice if he got into a viewing center and tagged the match a final, because it actually looked like a final. It all started with Chelsea having an upper hand, an away draw that would have seen PSG out if Chelsea held them to a 0-0 draw.

PSG found themselves one man down, after Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off controversially. However, this 10 man square were able to hold on to a 2-2 draw that sent the 15 man Chelsea team out of the Champions League. You might be confused as to how I ended up with the number 15 for the Chelsea team. I will explain this.

It is a well known fact that the Chelsea team always goes into any game with their manager Jose Mourinho doing more of playing at the sidelines than managing his team. He complains at every action of the referee that doesn't favour his team. Therefore, I wouldn't be wrong adding him to the Chelsea team to give us the number 12.

The controversial red card dished out to Ibrahimovic after a tackle that was clearly not more than a yellow card offence, shows greatly that the referee was biased. He also dished out some yellow cards to other PSG footballers wrongly. Therefore, adding the referee to the 12 man Chelsea team sums up to 13.

Finally, the referee further committed various blunders by not sending Diego Coaster off due to violent behaviour and terrible tackle from behind on Thiago Silva. Coaster plunged in on Thiago Silva from behind without even getting the ball, David Luis approached him and got a headbutt from the reckless Chelsea striker. Diego Coaster's actions were no doubt red card offences however, the referee decided to share the red card among Coaster and Luis by giving both men yellow card even though it was obvious Luis committed no offence. That resulted to 14 man Chelsea squard.

It takes maturity, self control and composure to be able to play a fare game of football, else one will go on a biting spree. It is obvious the man Coaster lacked all these qualities which made him to aggressively shove off Marquinhos when an argument ensued. Marquinhos forcefully went to the ground and like I had anticipated, no card was shown to Diego Coaster. This summed up the Chelsea team to 15.

PSG kept their composure, dominated possession and goals from David Luis and Thiago Silva (Brazilian duo) levelled out goals from Gary Cahill and Eden Hazard (pen) and saw the French giants through to quarter final.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by Here2BustnScrew: 1:47am On Mar 12, 2015
great analyst, NL is not where u belong. GOD saved Real yesterday.. they would have ended up like Chelsea..

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by francizy(m): 1:56am On Mar 12, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:
great analyst, NL is not where u belong. GOD saved Real yesterday.. they would have ended up like Chelsea..

Truly Schalke 04 deserved to qualify ahead of Real. Real disappointed me, especially Casillas. Ronaldo did well tho.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by Here2BustnScrew: 1:59am On Mar 12, 2015
casillas is now becoming a basket just like in the WC..

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by francizy(m): 2:16am On Mar 12, 2015
True tho.

I feel he's not been put under pressure that's why he's messing up.

Checkout how Simon Mignolet picked up form after been benched for a while.

That is what should be done to Casillas.

To me, the best goalkeeper that can/should fit into the Real Madrid shoes is David de Gea of Man U. Although am no Man U fan but I think that guy is phenomenal. All he needs is good defence and he will emerge the best or second best goalkeeper in the world (behind Manuel Neuer).
Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by Here2BustnScrew: 2:23am On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:
True tho.

I feel he's not been put under pressure that's why he's messing up.

Checkout how Simon Mignolet picked up form after been benched for a while.

That is what should be done to Casillas.

To me, the best goalkeeper that can/should fit into the Real Madrid shoes is David de Gea of Man U. Although am no Man U fan but I think that guy is phenomenal. All he needs is good defence and he will emerge the best or second best goalkeeper in the world (behind Manuel Neuer).
yes but what about Navas they bought.. he has been sidelined.
Re: Chelsea 2 - 2 PSG Post Match Analysis by francizy(m): 2:41am On Mar 12, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:

yes but what about Navas they bought.. he has been sidelined.

Well, Navas is good but it's possible they feel he ain't big enough to fill in the shoes of Casillas. Another issue is, Casillas is a fan's choice (just like Ronaldo) and benching him might spark hatred for Ancelloti.

If I were the manager, I'd be playing Navas gradually while benching Casillas. If he performs and wins the hearts of the Real fans, then Casillas will be a full time bench warmer.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Changed My Mind About This Sports Betting Thing / Pogba Might Just Be On His Way To Chelsea. / Pictured: Obafemi Martins Debuts New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.