Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. (1940 Views)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Boss Is Threatening My Marriage / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by okoviv2sure(m): 1:17am On Mar 12, 2015
Please this thread is for matured minds with bright ideas because someone's live is in danger.

I did not want to open this thread at all initially because "pix or I don't bliv it" "sauce/source" "story for the gods" and all other childish rants on nairaland this days, but my decision to is because I may get just the advice I need.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Ikorodu Lagos. I have a tenant who has been occupying the second flat on the same property for almost 2years. I run a small poultry on the remaining part of my land. My neighbour a man in his mid thirties lives with his wife whom I think is in her late twenties, they have two lovely kids aged 5yrs(boy) and 2yrs(girl).

We've all lived happily all along until my neighbour started beating his wife few weeks back and its been happening every other day since then. But I'll be lying if I claim not to know why.

It started when they employed a male teacher from their children's school as their home lesson teacher. The teacher is much younger than this couple(can't be more than 21yrs). Because of being very friendly in nature the teacher became a close member of the family. He comes to pick the children to school in the morning and brings them back in the afternoon.
The closeness has now become too much. He comes around everyday and he stays with the woman till late night because the husband comes home late everyday. It was so bad that my neighbour had to sack him, but his wife reemployed him. The woman always claim there is nothing going on between her and the boy whereas I have been unfortunate to see more than I can relate on this forum.
Last weekend I called my neighbour to warn him not to beat his wife anymore else I'all be forced to evict them from my house. That was when he opened up to me about the unholy relationship between his wife and the teacher. He even claimed to have met his wife lying down in the living room in her underwear while the teacher was still in the house. That she's always claiming there's nothing between her n the teacher.
My problem now is that I've foolishly promised him to help come up with a solution that will save his marriage. We are to talk about it on sunday, here its Thursday already and I still don't know what to say, because I have seen too much between this woman and the teacher that I can't even tell anyone about.
Although I have never seen this boy doing the you know with the woman but everything points in that direction. The husband respects me a lot and he listens whenever I talk to him but he won't stop beating his wife until she stops bringing this guy into their home.
Please help because I don't want my house to be in the news for murder, cos the beating was on the increase till last weekend when I issued the eviction warning.
Please help me save a life or marriage or at least my name. Thanks and God bless
Ooops I posted this on the wrong section, it is meant for the family section. I apologise for the mistake
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 12, 2015
Please be watchful of what you say on the meeting day to avoid serious backlash.

Wisdom is profitable when applied cautiously.

Never say thing you can prove,rather tell the hubby to make a stand on how best he wants his home to be run..

As the landlord,you can put your feet down that you don't want to see the teacher in your compound,just for peace to reign,than saying thing that will increase the animosity between the couple.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by whirlwind7(m): 4:05am On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmm. Eleyi gidi gan....

Here are some extracts from your posts:

The closeness has now become too much. He comes around everyday and he stays with the woman till late night because the husband comes home late everyday. It was so bad that my neighbour had to sack him, but his wife reemployed him. The woman always claim there is nothing going on between her and the boy whereas I have been unfortunate to see more than I can relate on this forum.

He even claimed to have met his wife lying down in the living room in her underwear while the teacher was still in the house.

I have seen too much between this woman and the teacher that I can't even tell anyone about.

Although I have never seen this boy doing the you know with the woman but everything points in that direction. The husband respects me a lot and he listens whenever I talk to him but he won't stop beating his wife until she stops bringing this guy into their home.

From your point of view, it is obvious that an immoral affair exists between this teacher and your tenant's wife.
As the owner of the property where this couple resides, you have the legitimate right to bar this teacher from setting foot on your property. You need to get a legal order for this.
This, in my opinion, is the way to go, without interfering with your tenant's marital life, and avoid the move of evicting them. Just remove this divisive element (lover-teacher) and if the couple wishes to save their marriage afterwards, it's up to them. Avoid making any allegations. It would only backfire. In fact, you saw NOTHING. Your priority is to make peace reign there. Never take sides with the husband or the wife. Play neutral by coming down hard on the teacher.
The husband pays the rent, and I think he is also entitled to decide who visits his home. He has decided that the teacher shouldn't come there anymore, while his wife thinks otherwise. So, abide with this man's wish. It also tallies with your own wish, and will serve everyone's interest.
Once this teacher has been legally forbidden to visit your property, you have played your part. In the event that lonely wife makes a rendezvous with lover-teacher elsewhere, then let her prepare herself for the inevitable doom.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by kelvin1191(m): 4:08am On Mar 12, 2015
Let the man install a spy camera if he want to be sure that something or nothing is going on between them. I would av suggested he warn the young man but if anything is going on, they will just change meeting place.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SafetyFirst(m): 4:33am On Mar 12, 2015
JIC
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by lonelydora: 4:54am On Mar 12, 2015
Thou shall not kill.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Redoil: 5:44am On Mar 12, 2015
Maybe their are certain kind of sexual action she is getting from the young man that the husband can not give her. Women causing confusion and frustration in the lives of men since the day of adam and eve

1 Like

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 12, 2015
Call the cops.
I don't give a damn.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by veave(f): 7:21am On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmmmn. Please, ask the wife why she is adamant on retaining that particular teacher. Something just doesn't add up here. Why will any married woman in her senses use her own hand to carry fire. If they must have a lesson teacher, why not change the current one? Besides what is he teaching a five year old that is so hard for his wife to teach herself?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Nutase: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2015
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 12, 2015
Husband- Beating his wife (with their kids in the home).
Wife- Cheating on her husband (with their kids in the home).

Both of them are being very unhealthy parents to these children.

He needs to stop being violent for their sake. He already knows beating
her is pointless and ineffective, as she's still defiant in continuing her cheating.
Something went amiss and if they're both still interested in being married, they've
to communicate not only as adults but as the husband and wife they're supposed to be.
Right now they're each trying to communicate their needs but they're doing it in a VERY
destructive manner. Sadly, those innocent kids are the ones who're going to be affected.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by saintneo(m): 10:07am On Mar 12, 2015
nna mehn! This is huge. Don't forget to upload the minutes of Sunday meeting.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by danot1030: 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
Tell your tenant (neighbour) to go to the police station and pay them to arrest the guy and deal with him, they should not release him until he write an undertaking not to see the woman again nor come to the house again. He could even be rope with robbery or bugler and charge him to court depend on how severe he wants to get with the guy. At every police station, there are bad boys who carry out cruel job, pay for their service, the guy will see the woman next time and disappear through another route.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by KanwuliaJara: 12:25am On Mar 13, 2015
I think the woman should die dia sha! kiss
If man or woman beat you once, twice or thrice, and you still tanda dia, please feel free to die dia.

Good riddance! kiss
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by GboyegaD(m): 12:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Why do they need a lesson teacher for the kids at that age? The husband started trouble for himself in the 1st instance and since the wife has refused to listen, he could get her family talk sense into her.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by angelTI(f): 6:57am On Mar 13, 2015
Here to read comments......
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by cococandy(f): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2015
Insist on no violence in your house regardless of how much you feel he's justifed or not.
It is your house. Tell him the next time he does it,he will have to move out his family instantly.

Like the other person suggested, bar the man (teacher) from coming to your house.
Give him a notice that explicitly warns him to never set foot on your property except he wants to get arrested on the spot.

If the man wants to continue beating his wife, he can move out and continue the beating over there.
Same as the woman. If she wants to continue Her affair, she can go meet the man wherever he is.

That way both of them take their issues out of your hair.

Or you can try mediating without sounding like you're intruding. Depends on how close to the couple you are.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by freecocoa(f): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2015
The woman apparently wants to die and the man is ready to kill her, so please just get them evicted so they can go maim themselves somewhere else.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by veave(f): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2015
danot1030:
Tell your tenant (neighbour) to go to the police station and pay them to arrest the guy and deal with him, they should not release him until he write an undertaking not to see the woman again nor come to the house again. He could even be rope with robbery or bugler and charge him to court depend on how severe he wants to get with the guy. At every police station, there are bad boys who carry out cruel job, pay for their service, the guy will see the woman next time and disappear through another route.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2015
What if the woman continues seeing him elsewhere nko? You are very funny. Instead of dealing with issues from the root you are dealing with the symptoms. First and foremost deal with the issue of violence and spending more time with the wife. Shebi its the person you spend more time with and gives you more attention that you naturally endear to. If the Mr my fists work faster than my brain husband comes home early enough, will Mr teacher see a loophole to penetrate into the family or the woman's mind. He didn't look into that direction, the next thing is beating

you to look at it the other way if a 21 year old girl is always coming to your house to teach your child and perform other EXTRACURRICULAR activities like jisting with you and keeping you company and other Xyz things won't you naturally endear to her because you see her more often. Instead of you to manage situations and talk about how you can come back early to a logical conclusion the next thing is violence. Do you think if he comes home earlier she will have time for Mr teacher or give him face. The way you people think and handle situations beats my imagination. Like toni Braxton will say can't you just be a man
whirlwind7:
Hmmm. Eleyi gidi gan....

Here are some extracts from your posts:

He even claimed to have met his wife lying down in the living room in her underwear while the teacher was still in the house.

I have seen too much between this woman and the teacher that I can't even tell anyone about.

From your point of view, it is obvious that an immoral affair exists between this teacher and your tenant's wife.
As the owner of the property where this couple resides, you have the legitimate right to bar this teacher from setting foot on your property. You need to get a legal order for this.
This, in my opinion, is the way to go, without interfering with your tenant's marital life, and avoid the move of evicting them. Just remove this divisive element (lover-teacher) and if the couple wishes to save their marriage afterwards, it's up to them. Avoid making any allegations. It would only backfire. In fact, you saw NOTHING. Your priority is to make peace reign there. Never take sides with the husband or the wife. Play neutral by coming down hard on the teacher.
The husband pays the rent, and I think he is also entitled to decide who visits his home. He has decided that the teacher shouldn't come there anymore, while his wife thinks otherwise. So, abide with this man's wish. It also tallies with your own wish, and will serve everyone's interest.
Once this teacher has been legally forbidden to visit your property, you have played your part. In the event that lonely wife makes a rendezvous with lover-teacher elsewhere, then let her prepare herself for the inevitable doom.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2015
grin grin You have a point grin
KanwuliaJara:
I think the woman should die dia sha! kiss
If man or woman beat you once, twice or thrice, and you still tanda dia, please feel free to die dia.

Good riddance! kiss
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2015
Ehen so if they ban the boy from coming to the house who will teach the children. You guys are leaving the kids out of the picture, THE MAJOR REASON FOR HIM COMMING. So if he's sacked have they thought of another alternative of who'll teach the kids. Abi na 21 year old under graduate girl? wink

Chaiii. Mennn! grin
cococandy:
Insist on no violence in your house regardless of how much you feel he's justifed or not.
It is your house. Tell him the next time he does it,he will have to move out his family instantly.

Like the other person suggested, bar the man (teacher) from coming to your house.
Give him a notice that explicitly warns him to never set foot on your property except he wants to get arrested on the spot.

If the man wants to continue beating his wife, he can move out and continue the beating over there.
Same as the woman. If she wants to continue Her affair, she can go meet the man wherever he is.

That way both of them take their issues out of your hair.

Or you can try mediating without sounding like you're intruding. Depends on his close to the couple you are.
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
That's not his job my dear.
They should go sort their issues themselves.
His concern would be to make sure nobody dies in his house.

As for who will teach the kids when this one is gone, there are a million and one other teachers who will get the job done and won't mess with their oga's wife.

This one has no single respect at all. The man stopped him from coming but he came back when the woman asked him to.
If he can't respect the woman's marriage, why can't he at least respect his fellow man?

He should have respected their marriage since his presence is causing them disharmony. Even if they are not doing anything at all.
Yet he will come and stay until late at night.

Dem never kill am for there na im make he get liver dey come back.

SAMBARRY:
What if the woman continues seeing him elsewhere nko? You are very funny. Instead of dealing with issues from the root you are dealing with the symptoms. First and foremost deal with the issue of violence and spending more time with the wife. Shebi its the person you spend more time with and gives you more attention that you naturally endear to. If the Mr my fists work faster than my brain husband comes home early enough, will Mr teacher see a loophole to penetrate into the family or the woman's mind. He didn't look into that direction, the next thing is beating

you to look at it the other way if a 21 year old girl is always coming to your house to teach your child and perform other EXTRACURRICULAR activities like jisting with you and keeping you company and other Xyz things won't you naturally endear to her because you see her more often. Instead of you to manage situations and talk about how you can come back early to a logical conclusion the next thing is violence. Do you think if he comes home earlier she will have time for Mr teacher or give him face. The way you people think and handle situations beats my imagination. Like toni Braxton will say can't you just be a man

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by Agrika: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
1. Call the woman aside and hear her side of the story...they are always two(2) sides to a story.

2. Ban that punk-Arsse teacher from coming to your house, cos his mission is clear; to destroy that family

3. This is the part most ppl will ignore..., why don't u jokingly call the kids aside and ask them what uncle "does" when he comes around...cos the story seems deeper than it looks...if care is not taken, that teacher may even be molesting one of the kids (yea I said it!)
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by sisisioge: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hehehehe...

She keeps bringing in the gigollllo against husband's warnings and beatings...hian! The husband too is not sparing the rod...hian! You, neighbour, are concerned about saving the marriage... Posh!

Abeg, sit down for your flat and re-issue the eviction notice. This time around make it look real with acceptable notice within the law so they won't call your bluff. If they come to you for redress, tell them to sort their issue between themselves and that you 'Forbid' physical tussle in your house hence. Your house, your rules! Nonnsence!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by skylarr: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Oga landlord, i'll advice that you hear the lady's side too. She needs to state her reason of insisting on that particular teacher even after her husband fired him. If she doesn't have a valid reason, then you step in and tell the teacher he's no longer welcome on your property.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ehen thank God you said the woman said he should come back. No be person wey dey pay your salary you go respect before. As for someone dying in landlords house he can only warn them that if they want to fight. They should do it outside his house and the next time he hears noise that has to do with violence na eviction straight away. EOD!
cococandy:
That's not his job my dear.
They should go sort their issues themselves.
His concern would be to make sure nobody dies in his house.

As for who will teach the kids when this one is gone, there are a million and one other teachers who will get the job done and won't mess with their oga's wife.

This one has no single respect at all. The man stopped him from coming but he came back when the woman asked him to.
If he can't respect the woman's marriage, why can't he at least respect his fellow man?

He should have respected their marriage since his presence is causing them disharmony. Even if they are not doing anything at all.
Yet he will come and stay until late at night.

Dem never kill am for there na im make he get liver dey come back.

Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
skylarr:
Oga landlord, i'll advice that you hear the lady's side too. She needs to state her reason of insisting on that particular teacher even after her husband fired him. If she doesn't have a valid reason, then you step in and tell the teacher he's no longer welcome on your property.
Gbam. That's it
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by SAMBARRY: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gbam
sisisioge:
Hehehehe...

She keeps bringing in the gigollllo against husband's warnings and beatings...hian! The husband too is not sparing the rod...hian! You, neighbour, are concerned about saving the marriage... Posh!

Abeg, sit down for your flat and re-issue the eviction notice. This time around make it look real with acceptable notice within the law so they won't call your bluff. If they come to you for redress, tell them to sort their issue between themselves and that you 'Forbid' physical tussle in your house hence. Your house, your rules! Nonnsence!
Re: Help!!! His Neighbour Is Threatening To Kill His Wife. by baralatie(m): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
lonelydora:
Thou shall not kill.
thou shalt not commit adultery
thou shall not covert the neighbours wife,mule,house or slave

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is The Ideal Pocket Money For An Undergraduate? / Best Mother’s Day Gift For Supermoms / Exciting And Colorful Furnishing To Match Your Taste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.