Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

JAMB CBT Vs INEC Card Readers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / JAMB CBT Vs INEC Card Readers (648 Views)

LIST OF UNITS WITH FAULTY CARD READERS / INEC Card Reader Missing In Zamfara State. / INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB CBT Vs INEC Card Readers by henryuzor(m): 8:44am On Mar 12, 2015
Our Nigerian prospective undergraduates are currently sitting for JAMB UTME across the country and for the first time in it's history JAMB is conducting computer based testing.From first hand information i got from my inlaw who sat for her own exam on monday,each student was authenticated before they were allowed into the exam hall to take the exam and also after they were through with the exam,she said their finger prints were scanned to verify/authenticate that they were the real students and she had to try her finger print 5 times before the biometric scanner was able to read her finger prints and she was allowed to sit for the exam...and according to her,it was virtually impossible to impersonate/cheat during the exam,and barely 24 hours after she sat for the exam her result has been sent to her mobile phone...this has improved upon the integrity and credibility of JAMB results.
Now my point is,this is the first time that JAMB has had to conduct computer based testing,and required biometric capturing of picture and finger prints for registration by the students and though there were obvious challenges like internet connectivity in some centres and states,repeated trials before finger prints could be read by the biometric scanners e.t.c,we are now seeing that the overall benefits by far outweighs the problems...JAMB did not have to test run the technology by conducting the exam in one local government or state before using it for the whole country.....so i do not understand why some political parties are against the use of the INEC card readers saying it should be test run by using it in a local govt or bye election first before the presidential elections...it just shows that their one and only plan was to rig elections by cloning/stealing/buying pvc's and INEC by deploring the use of card readers have made all those plans useless...so no card readers,no elections...we want credible elections,and the card readers will add credibility to our election results and moreover whatever challenges arises will affect all the political parties involved equally and can then be improved upon in future elections.
Re: JAMB CBT Vs INEC Card Readers by bobbyANSELEM: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2015
Op, u ar making me to panic[color=#770077][/color][b][/b] cry but God dey

(1) (Reply)

Top Book Publishers In Nigeria / Newspaper Headlines, Tuesday May 26, 2015 @ajebowazobiafm / Dan Maraya Dies Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.