Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Are Nigerian Expatriates Required To Pay Tax ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerian Expatriates Required To Pay Tax ? (1328 Views)

Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? / Should Unemployed Person Pay Tax? / What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Expatriates Required To Pay Tax ? by felifeli: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2009
I want to know if Nigerian expatriates  living abroad are required to pay tax locally (in Nigeria) too. I know at least that UK and US citizens living abroad do pay some sort of tax in their country . Thanks for letting me know

Please note that this is not a debate but need for information . If you don't know please pass on and refrain from making illiterate comments.
Re: Are Nigerian Expatriates Required To Pay Tax ? by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 03, 2009
Simple answer is NO.
They wanted to impliment some bilateral shit 2yrs ago but i think it faded. Under the scheme, Nigerians in the U.S would pay lower taxes (social security, state, local e.tc.) so that they would also be able to pay taxes to the Nigerian government. This would only apply to Nigerians though. If you're a naturalized citizen then you don't need to pay jack to naija.

I know you said you don't want a debate but i will still post my debatable comments since i don't give a shit.
I sense you want to move out of the country since you keep asking this questions.
You were the same person asking how long it takes to process a green card.
Yet on other threads you claim as though you dont care about the west.
Open up juh. I may be able to sponsor you as my long lost "retarded" cousin. . . tongue

(1) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil Overtakes Apple In Market Value / Need 5 Million Naira Loan / Deal Of The Month! With Uncle Naira Marketing And Advertisement !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.