Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (50528 Views)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Re: Did You Know And Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2009
Did you know. . . .

, that today is Expensive Eyeglasses Day? At a 1990
Sotheby's auction in New York City, Buddy Holly's eyeglasses
were sold for $45,100, the most ever paid for a used pair of
eyeglasses.

~~~

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"When you live for others' opinions, you are dead. I don't
want to live thinking about how I'll be remembered."

-- Carlos Slim Helu
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2009
xoxoxo you sure sound familiar

what happened to epi?
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 2:12am On Jun 24, 2009
~We Have No Right To Ask When Sorrow Comes, "Why Did This Happen To Me?" Unless We Ask The Same Question For Every Moment Of Happiness That Comes Our Way" ~
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2009
Successful people get ahead during the time other people waste –Henry Ford
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 3:36am On Jun 25, 2009
Pepeye:

xoxoxo you sure sound familiar

what happened to epi?
oh pepeye, I don't want to talk about it because it hurts cry cry cry cry The whole thing was a conspiracy. My xoxoxox decision was driven by my emotions because of their irrational behavior towards me and now I miss epi terribly cry cry cry. I want epi back cry cry cry cry. Please do not type epi again because it hurts when I see itcry cry cry plus they might say I like drama and ban xoxoxo too cry cry cry cry I miss epi, I really do cry cry

Ps: do you pronounce your name as "Pep I"

@topic

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.”
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 4:45am On Jun 25, 2009
~"We Find Comfort Among Those Who Agree With Us - Growth Among Those Who Don't" ~Frank A. Clark
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2009
Did you know. . .

. . . . that today is the birthday of the first Color TV
Broadcast? On June 25, 1951, CBS broadcast the first color TV
program, a one-hour special broadcast to four cities. Few
consumers, however, had color TVs to watch it on yet, but it
was fun anyway. ;-)

~~~

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're
not doing anything very innovative."

-- Woody Allen

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking. ~Albert Einstein
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
If evil be said of thee, and if it be true, correct thyself; if it be a lie, laugh at it.

Epictetus

In many things it is not well to say, "Know thyself"; it is better to say, "Know others."

Menander
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2009
~"The Only Way Of Finding The Limits Of The Possible Is By Going Beyond Them Into The Impossible" ~Arthur C. Clarke ~
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by russellino: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2009
Nice mohawk smiley
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 4:57am On Jun 27, 2009
The world doesn’t owe you a living you have to get out there and make a living
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 5:02am On Jun 27, 2009
ok xoxoxo I wouldn’t mention her for now . . .i do miss her too
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2009
Did you know. . . . .

. . . . that today is Black Diamond Day? In 2001, the largest
known cut black diamond, weighing 489.07 carats, was auctioned
off in the town of Dole, France for $1.6 million. The gem
originally weighed more than 1,000 carats, but lost half of
its weight in the cutting process!

~~~

"How long should you try? Until."

-- Jim Rohn
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
~"That You May Retain Your Self-respect, It Is Better To Displease The people By Doing What You Know Is Right, Than To Temporarily Please Them By Doing What You Know is Wrong" ~William J.H. Boetcker
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by TOYOSI20(f): 12:35am On Jun 29, 2009
He who sedulously attends, pointedly asks, calmly speaks,. . . . .

coolly answers and ceases when he has no more to say is in possession of some of the best requisites of man. wink smiley
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 12:58am On Jun 29, 2009
~Experience Is Not What Happens To A Man: It Is What A Man Does With What Happens To Him ~Aldous Huxley
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2009
Did you know. . . . .

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria
in your ear by 700 times

Women blink nearly twice as much as men

No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

I ran up the door, opened the stairs,
said my pajamas and put on my prayers -
turned off my bed, tumbled into my light,
and all because he kissed me good-night!
grin grin

You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2009
Did you know. . . .

. . . . that today is the birthday of the Corvette? In 1953, GM's
Corvette was introduced as the first plastic laminated car.
Trivia fans: The first five Corvettes to come off the assembly
line did not have an outside rear view mirror.

Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings but every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2009
When you re conscious of what happens as you speak, you will be more careful with ur words
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Pepeye(f): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2009
The greatest assassin of dreams is haste, the desire to reach things before the right time
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
~If I Had A Formula For Bypassing Trouble, I Would Not Pass It Round. Trouble Creates A Capacity To Handle It. I Don't Embrace Trouble; That's As Bad As Treating It As An Enemy. But I Do Say Meet It As A Friend, For You'll See A Lot Of It And Had Better Be On Speaking Terms With It. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2009
Did you know that 80% of UCSD students could not find the error below?

Whats wrong?

AAA
BBB
CCC
DDD
EEE
FFF
GGG
HHH
III
JJJ
KKK
LLL
MMM
NNN
OOO
PPP
QQQ
RRR
SSS
TTT
UUU
VVV
Bleep
YYY
ZZZ

A person who is too nice an observer of the business of the crowd, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees, will often be stung for his curiosity.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by TOYOSI20(f): 6:51am On Jul 02, 2009
* Dost thou love life? . . . .Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

* Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
Did you know,

, that today is Halfway Point of the Year? Noon on July 2nd
marks the halfway point of the year, where 182.5 days have
passed and 182.5 days remain in the year. Celebrate the day by
working only half the day. Or wash only half the dishes. Or
eat half a chocolate cake. You get the idea! ;-)

~~~

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to
be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new
things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear
always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and
allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically,
make yourself a happier and more productive person."

-- Dr. David M. Burns
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2009
Did you know. . . .

. . . that today is the birthday of Quebec, Canada? French
explorer Samuel de Champlain founded the city of Quebec in
1608. Quebec comes from the Algonquian word for "the river
narrows here."

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the
wisdom that is in it -- and stop there; lest we be like the
cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down
on a hot stove lid again -- and that is well; but also she
will never sit down on a cold one anymore."

-- Mark Twain
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2009
Did you know. . .

. . .that today, besides being Independence Day in the US, is
National Toe Jam Day? Independence Day is one day of the year
when you are almost certain to see your neighbor's bare feet
-- on the beach or at a picnic. Take a good look but don't
step on anyone's toes!

~~~

"Responsibility is the one thing people dread most of all. Yet
it is the one thing in the world that develops us."

-- Frank Crane
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2009
~"Destiny Is Not A Matter Of Change, It Is A Matter Of Choice; It Is Not A Thing To Be Waited For, It Is A Thing To Be Achieved."- William Jennings Bryan
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Uche2nna(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2009
When the only tool U own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2009
Did you know. . . .

. . . that today is the birthday of Amazon.com? In 1994, the
Internet phenomenon Amazon.com was founded as Cadabra. In
1995, it changed its name to Amazon.com.

~~~

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if
he knew he never would be found out."

-- Macaulay
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2009
~Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by xoxoxo(f): 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2009
Pepeye:

Long time no C, hope u r okay

@topic

We've got to convince our egos and our minds that if we want
to live happy lives, love is more important than anything else!
--Ken Keyes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Luvvie Ajayi Burns Her Shoes Made By Ivanka Trump (Photos) / Love-life On Campus / Every Single Mistake By Angelinassto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.