Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,595 members, 7,770,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (165012 Views)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
This thread is for daily quotes to kick start your day. Give you that boost for work, prayers, work-out sessions or hold ups on the road that gets on our nerves. Just something to linger in your mind, avert depression and aggression. When those bad days occur, something to cool you off and give you hope.

Feel free to write your favorite & inspirational quotes that have shaped your life and would be instrumental to the lives of others.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
"When I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them, because I know who I am."
– Michelle Obama

"One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals."
– Michelle Obama

“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.”
- Bill Copeland

"If you give up your dreams, you die"- Flashdance 1983 (This is my favourite)

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
If you don't believe in that ur dream,who else would believe in them?-tadon200
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS LIFE:

"Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" – George Bernard Shaw

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are" – John Wooden

"The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism" - Wole Soyinka

"Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant" - Robert Louis Stevenson

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back" - Arthur Rubinstein

"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive" – Howard Thurman

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle" - Albert Einstein.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself" - Harvey Fierstein

"No matter what, no matter how, where or who - you can almost always turn around and get a second chance" - Anony-mous

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in" – Morrie Schwartz.

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance" – Oscar Wilde.

"Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy" - Anonymous

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.” - Tom Bodett

“Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed.”- Buddha quotes

"But the ultimate lesson is just sit down and write. That's all" - Wole Soyinka

2 Likes

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Switup: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
hi there.... Just passing by
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
Swit up: hi there.... Just passing by

Thanks for dropping by. Don't you have quotes that you live by? Quotes that inspire you?

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by oniresekamal(m): 2:34am On Jul 07, 2012
Any man who try to avoide mistakes will never do it beter, cos ability to do it beter comes after great mistakes
Onirese
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS RELATIONSHIPS

"Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take" -Anthony Robbins

"Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyse your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness" -Leo F. Buscaglia

"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow" -Swedish Proverb

"A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart" -Leo F. Buscaglia

"Address the issue and not the personality"(For instance, if you partner breaks a plate,caution him/her for doing that but don't use words like, "you this person, you are used to things like this, you are clumsy, useless etc)- Myself
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Raymagnate(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
There's no such thing as a self made man, I have had much help and I have found that if you are willing to work sombody is willing to help. - O wayne Rollins
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by nigazman(m): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2012
In life, if u don't face challenges, you don't exist
...Obi pascal
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS: LETTING GO

“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that that situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ― Steve Maraboli

“Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over.”[/i] ― Nicole Sobon

“If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made, if they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” ― Steve Maraboli

“Pain will leave you, when you let go” ― Jeremy Aldana

“The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ― C. JoyBell C
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Rocktation(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
The right angle for approaching a problem, is the 'try'angle.

3 Likes

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:43am On Jul 12, 2012
"stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions"- Will Smith
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:45am On Jul 12, 2012
smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by LongOne1(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2012
“If words are to enter men’s minds and bear fruit, they must be the right words shaped cunningly to pass men’s defences and explode silently and effectually within their minds” – J.B. Philips.

“What a strange illusion to suppose that beauty is goodness” – Leo Tolstoy.

“Everyone, in some small sacred sanctuary of the self, is nuts” – Leo Rosten.

“Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely” – Erma Bombeck.

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you” – William Arthur Ward.

“Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it” – Christopher Morley.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Emylexray(m): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2012
"Nothing is impossible, even the word says i'm-possible".
"life is not measured by the amount of breath you take, but by the moments that take your breath away". (my best)
"laughter is a smile that burst".
"I have never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful".
"most of lifes failure are people who didn't know how close they were to success when they gave up".
"life is not measured by the amount of breath you take, but by the moments that take your breath away". (my best)
"most of lifes failure are people who didn't know how close they were to success when they gave up".
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by ANYPEN(m): 1:06am On Jul 13, 2012
In this part of the world, we hear most words in echoes & simply act what we hear; they said "LOVE", we heard "off!..off!!..off!!!", they said "FAITH", we heard "fake!..fake!!..fake!!!", they said "PATIENCE", we heard "preference!..preference!!..preference!!!", "INTEGRITY", we heard "gity!..grity!!..grity!!! etc.
This is how we lost the meaning of these words cause we never bother to hear from the source
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:58am On Jul 18, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- TODAY! cheesy

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:58am On Jul 18, 2012
smiley smiley smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:39am On Jul 18, 2012
smiley smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS HEALING wink

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2012
TODAY`S THEME IS- START THINKING THIS WAY wink

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:51am On Jul 20, 2012
cheesy

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by newacca: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2012
"All that you do,do with all your mind for things done by halves are never done right" Abiodun
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:06am On Jul 22, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- ANYTHING WITH "YOU" kiss

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:18am On Jul 22, 2012
kiss

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:17am On Jul 23, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- "SIMPLICITY!" cool

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- GOSSIP! embarassed

"Who gossips to you will gossip of you"- Puerto Rican Proverb

"Gossip is called gossip because it's not always the truth"-Justin Timberlake

"Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love"-Miguel Angel Ruiz

"People who are too weak to chase their dreams will always find a way to discourage yours. Don't let 'em"- MamaBaig's Original Gossip Quotes

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.