Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

11 Career Success Tips For Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Career Success Tips For Students (17643 Views)

Success Tips For Flawless Performance In Examinations / 5 Things To Do When You Lose Admission(a Must Read For Students) / 9 Success Tips For Poor Students Who Desire Academic Excellence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Elkrypto(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Undergraduates... By all means aim for a 1st class or a 2.1. Speaking from experience, I was 0.03 points away from making a 2.1. I haven't gotten over that disappointment yet. I only have myself to blame because I know I could have done better if I had put more effort. It's even difficult for 2.1 to get a job nowadays not to talk of 2.2 and below. So try an give yourself an edge by making good grades.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Dfavouredone: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by successtar(m): 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
UTME CBT EXAM BEST SOLUTION ( Don't be deceive with any expo that is not promising, use your brain )
Am using this opportunity to introduce you to a new development in the world of IT . The site am going to introduce to you is endowed with all you need to gain admission into any of the Nigerian institution right from free unlimited jamb cbt exam practice to free putme cbt exam practice (I mean total free not demo) and forum page with a news page to always keep you inform, the best of all is that you have control over a lot of activities on the page like uploading more past questions and lot more. All this at http://myexampoint.com
The only thing that is required from you is a 30 second sign up which grant you free access to all the resources on the page.
Kindly share this info, you might be helping someone.
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Jok3r(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Xfire nice, bt no 10, nt many cn do it.
xfire:

SOURCE: www.jarushub.com/10-career-success-tips-for-students
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
iyisco2001:
you are totally overreacting, the fact that op called 2.1 a good grade doesnt make your 2.2 or 3rd class bad, i for one have a 2.2, and i and doing averagely well with my job, some of my friends have 2.2 and are doing very well, as much as i have first class, 2.1, 2.2 and 3rd class friends who are doing fine, i also have those who are still at home with no sense of bearing at all. find your relevance in the society yourself, the write up is just to enlighten or encourage you. thanks. xfire, its been a while o. Nice write up. holusormi, pls dont quote me grin
Thanks, you spoke my mind.

What xfire is driving at, is

Do your best, and leave the rest.

If not for our failed educational system, graduates would be better equipped to handle challenges of poor grades with practical skills to make up for them.

People should discover themselves before leaving school, the road to the top isnt from top companies alone.

1 Like

Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by olareed(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
These are great topics we want on FP...and not the "have you ever drunk garri" ones...mods at times sef...BTW,thumbs up OP..ur good mehn!
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by BeloHorizonte14: 6:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Going through this topic/post,had to pause,look to the ceiling with teary eyes-- don't know if it will be right of me to ask for a second chance or not.

I loved mathematics like crazy,wanted to study mechanical engineering,but was offered Industrial Chemistry. The pains of spending another year at home with my parents was too much for me to handle,had to accept the admission offer.

First year,had a gp of 4.03 (wanted to do faculty transfer,but my HoD wasn't around to sign me out on time,coupled with other processes). Second year,3.98 gp. Third year,oops! My gp came crashing down to 3.00 (at this time,chemistry was so boring and looked abstract) while in my final year,my gp was worse(cried bitterly). Had to settle for 2.2.

For almost 6months before my youth service,i had lost touch with reality (fear of facing my parents with the 2.2).

But here i am now,though unhappy,looking for ways to redeem time having missed several opportunities; had to settle for a pdg in Chemical engineering,and afterwards seek for MSc.

What i am trying to say is this; 'know thyself' and 'never you sacrifice your happiness for anything'.

Thanks xfire.

1 Like

Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
xfire nice post...

i need your advise

how does one gain back interest lost in the his/her field of study.
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by PilotOz(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
Going through this topic/post,had to pause,look to the ceiling with teary eyes-- don't know if it will be right of me to ask for a second chance or not.

I loved mathematics like crazy,wanted to study mechanical engineering,but was offered Industrial Chemistry. The pains of spending another year at home with my parents was too much for me to handle,had to accept the admission offer.

First year,had a gp of 4.03 (wanted to do faculty transfer,but my HoD wasn't around to sign me out on time,coupled with other processes). Second year,3.98 gp. Third year,oops! My gp came crashing down to 3.00 (at this time,chemistry was so boring and looked abstract) while in my final year,my gp was worse(cried bitterly). Had to settle for 2.2.

For almost 6months before my youth service,i had lost touch with reality (fear of facing my parents with the 2.2).

But here i am now,though unhappy,looking for ways to redeem time having missed several opportunities; had to settle for a pdg in Chemical engineering,and afterwards seek for MSc.

What i am trying to say is this; 'know thyself' and 'never you sacrifice your happiness for anything'.

Thanks xfire.
hmm touching.. I for one have little interest in chemistry,always skipped chem classes @sec skul, and the demons i was avoiding in chemistry has come back to haunt me @ university level. The tin im doing is just to develope interest for it n i knw i'll av a gud grasp of it soon.
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by BeloHorizonte14: 12:51am On Mar 15, 2015
PilotOz:
hmm touching.. I for one have little interest in chemistry,always skipped chem classes @sec skul, and the demons i was avoiding in chemistry has come back to haunt me @ university level. The tin im doing is just to develope interest for it n i knw i'll av a gud grasp of it soon.
Chemistry was just not it for me at all. Anyways,i wish you all the best.
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by xfire: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
bangleslover:
xfire nice post...

i need your advise

how does one gain back interest lost in the his/her field of study.
You may want to be a bit more specific. What made you lose interest? Are you interested in other options?
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
xfire:

You may want to be a bit more specific. What made you lose interest? Are you interested in other options?

Things aren't so easy here and the lecturers aren't making things better, my course involves fieldwork and all but i don't do that. just theory all the time and the new lecturer just employed is terrible at taking courses.

i m losing interest am even thinking of dropping out of school. i don't feel encouraged to read anymore.
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by dataideas: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2017
Re: 11 Career Success Tips For Students by ScholarshipRead: 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
That's a nice work there. I've also seen these 11 Effective Study Tips for Nigerian Undergraduates here:

https://jobreaders.org/study-tips-for-nigerian-undergraduates/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Temple Gate Polytechnic / Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US / Ogun Institute Students Protest Death Of Schoolmate Rejected By School Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.