Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Do I Need To Be Certified Before I Practice Project Management? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Need To Be Certified Before I Practice Project Management? (395 Views)

My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / PMBOKĀ® Guide Is Changing - Get Certified Before The Change / PMBOKĀ® Guide Is Changing - Get Certified Before The Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need To Be Certified Before I Practice Project Management? by MichaelEffanga(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Well, the answer is NO!

Project management is a tool that can increase your level of effectiveness either as an individual or as an organization so you can go ahead and practice it in the best way possible.

That being said, you should at least be trained in the art and science of project management so you have a better understanding of what to do, when to do them and why you are doing them.

We all practice project management in different ways but a good training course will arrange or re-arrange your thought and practice to increase your level of success in implementation.

Second thought. When managing small, in-house, personal, non-complex project, your basic skill may be ok. But when you start being exposed to medium to large scale projects, technical and complex initiatives, you definitely need to get more training and look out for appropriate certification to qualify your experience in handling such projects.

Certification, especially from a recognized body gives credibility to your skills and confidence to your clients/employers.

(1) (Reply)

Job At Telecommunication Company / Affiliate Manager At Konga / Opportunity To Showcase Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.