Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap (822 Views)

Super Eagles Hilarious Initiation Ceremony For New Invitees (Video) / Yobo, NFF Executives In Uyo For Vincent Enyeama's Mum's Burial (Photos) / NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by okonja(m): 12:39am On Mar 14, 2015
The federation has informed the longstanding Super Eagles goalkeeper of a special plan to mark his hundredth appearance in a Nigeria jersey

The Nigeria Football Federation would specially fete goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama when he makes his 100th appearance for Nigeria during their friendly match against Bolivia on March 26.

Enyeama would become only the second Nigerian to reach the century mark in 70 years since the organization was founded.

Former captain Joseph Yobo was the first player to reach the milestone in 2014 in a World Cup match against Argentina which the Eagles lost 3-2.

There was muted celebration of Yobo’s feat perhaps as a result of that defeat.

However, the NFF has announced plans to celebrate Enyeama at the Uyo Stadium in front of fans from his home state.

As part of the plans, the NFF announced a competition via Twitter where an autographed hand glove of the goalkeeper would be given out to a lucky fan.

“Nothing matches being recognized by your own country. I am very excited at the prospect of reaching 100 caps, and more so at the decision by the NFF to honour me on the day,” Enyeama told the federation’s website.

“The NFF media department has also been speaking with me and I have followed the publicity they have generated about it. It is a delight. I am also excited by the fact that it will happen in Uyo, my hometown. What a great honour!”

Enyeama made his Nigeria debut in May 2002 against Kenya. He has played at three World Cups and says that his most memorable match was against Argentina in 2010.

“I can tell you that is one match I will always remember. I was highly inspired, and although we lost, I was selected the Man of the Match. We lost 0-1 but Lionel Messi did not score. That was some sort of joy for me,” he said.

Enyeama was named the 2014 Goal Nigeria Player of the Year for his exploits with French club Lille and the Super Eagles.

He led the team to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

SOURCE
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by free2ryhme: 5:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
grin grin

e aff try

im hustle don pay
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by adepiero: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
At last, NFF don dey get small sense.
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by jay89(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
Na so
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by YoungIncredible: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Ok
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by goshen26: 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
He deserves it
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by MERS(m): 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
Enyeamagnet deserves the accolades. Great servant of the Green White Green
Re: NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap by enomakos(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
congrats vincent

(1) (Reply)

Falcao Signs For Chelsea. Chai!!! / Messi Family Attacked At Copa America Final | Solopredict.com / HELP: Link/website To Download Man Utd Vs Club America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.