Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? (44506 Views)

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics / Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It / Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2015
Help!!! Am thinking of applying for anatomy in one federal university with the hope of crossing to medicine after having my Bsc. The question is, is it a good course to study? Thanks
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2015
If you plan to finish the course in Anatomy and then go on further to study medicine,it will be an advantage for you.
However,my advice to you is to collect another UTME form,fill Medicine and prepare well for the next exam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
If you plan to finish the course in Anatomy and then go on further to study medicine,it will be an advantage for you.
However,my advice to you is to collect another UTME form,fill Medicine and prepare well for the next exam.
I already did jamb 3times and filled medicine, but I couldn't meet the cut off, I had 235 in the recent one I did on friday (yesterday) and am thinking its kinda low for medicine. So, I wanna change the course to another course in the medical field with the hope of crossing to medicine after having my bsc. Just wanna know if anatomy is a good course or you could pls suggest a better course in the medical field. Thanks
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
I already did jamb 3times and filled medicine, but I couldn't meet the cut off, I had 235 in the recent one I did on friday (yesterday) and am thinking its kinda low for medicine. So, I wanna change the course to another course in the medical field with the hope of crossing to medicine after having my bsc. Just wanna know if anatomy is a good course or you could pls suggest a better course in the medical field. Thanks
Choose physiotherapy instead.It depends on the cut-off mark.It's a professional course better than anatomy.
Make necessary enquiries and be sure of prospects of admission before doing the change of course.

1 Like

Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
Choose physiotherapy instead.It depends on the cut-off mark.It's a professional course better than anatomy.
Make necessary enquiries and be sure of prospects of admission before doing the change of course.
Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. Will I be able to cross from physiotherapy to medicine when the time comes?
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 9:59am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. Will I be able to cross from physiotherapy to medicine when the time comes?
It's difficult nowadays to cross to medicine in most universities.I attended U.I. and I know there is a policy that does not allow crossing from one course to another in the faculty of medicine.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
It's difficult nowadays to cross to medicine in most universities.I attended U.I. and I know there is a policy that does not allow crossing from one course to another in the faculty of medicine.
I mean after obtaining my Bsc in physio
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 10:28am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
I mean after obtaining my Bsc in physio
Oh ok,u can do that.You will be admitted as a direct entry student i.e.200level.

However,you need to take the number of years into consideration.
Physiotherapy is 5yrs and if you get admitted into medicine,you will spend another 5yrs.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
Oh ok,u can do that.You will be admitted as a direct entry student i.e.200level.

However,you need to take the number of years into consideration.
Physiotherapy is 5yrs and if you get admitted into medicine,you will spend another 5yrs.
Thanks for that, I'll consider physio then... Kindly tell me a school to choose for physio
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Penboy: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
you got 235 and youre scared?
Nigga change your preferred institution to another less competitive one, (check out the many schools accredited for medicine and surgery on 'mdcn' website) and make your choice.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Penboy:
you got 235 and youre scared?
Nigga change your preferred institution to another less competitive one, (check out the many schools accredited for medicine and surgery on 'mdcn' website) and make your choice.

Doc! The competition is too stiff! I dnt wanna stay at home again for a whole year, that's the reason. And age is no more on my side! Am 20 already. After I might have been admitted for another course, I dnt mind writing jamb to pull strings for medicine
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Etfash(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2015
Physiotherapy is a good course, a professional course as many would call it. I did my first degree in U.I., if you intend to cross to Medicine in your second year, then, Physiotherapy wouldn't be a good option because, crossing from one 'professional' course to another isn't allowed. But, Human Nutrition, Biochemistry and Physiology will allow you to cross. Now that is for U.I. as at the last time I checked; it may have changed.

However, if you intend to pursue Medicine after a Bachelors degree, then any of these courses: Human Nutrition, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiotherapy, Dentistry, Vet., Zoology, Botany, Microbiology etc. would do.

But then, oftentimes, we tend to understand ourselves better after starting a course of study. As an elder brother, I will advise that you go for a marketable course that will also afford you the privilege of studying Medicine, should you decide to pursue it, after graduation. On that note, I will suggest one of: Physiotherapy (there are few of them and opportunities abound here), Microbiology (it is one of the most versatile courses in the 21st century, there is almost no field you cannot branch into),Human Nutrition (people are concerned about what they eat and what they should eat more than ever before; social groups, religious organizations, NGOs etc invite Nutritionists to advise them from time to time, Blogs on Nutrition would also attract traffic depending on the richness of your research per time, graduates of this course also work in hospitals, Food companies and so on).
Furthermore, you may want to study Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry; make a first class or 2.1 and help your doctor friends, who will graduate some 3-4 years after you, get a job?

Finally, whatever course you choose, make sure you pass well, know it well. Be ready to work hard and you will go farther than you ever thought you would.

Christ' love to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Penboy: 10:53am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
Doc! The competition is too stiff! I dnt wanna stay at home again for a whole year, that's the reason. And age is no more on my side! Am 20 already. After I might have been admitted for another course, I dnt mind writing jamb to pull strings for medicine
i see! Whatever rocks your boat. Seems your mind is made up.

Then try any of the paramedical courses then. You may enjoy them.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2015
Etfash:
Physiotherapy is a good course, a professional course as many would call it. I did my first degree in U.I., if you intend to cross to Medicine in your second year, then, Physiotherapy wouldn't be a good option because, crossing from one 'professional' course to another isn't allowed. But, Human Nutrition, Biochemistry and Physiology will allow you to cross. Now that is for U.I. as at the last time I checked; it may have changed.

However, if you intend to pursue Medicine after a Bachelors degree, then any of these courses: Human Nutrition, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiotherapy, Dentistry, Vet., Zoology, Botany, Microbiology etc. would do.

But then, oftentimes, we tend to understand ourselves better after starting a course of study. As an elder brother, I will advise that you go for a marketable course that will also afford you the privilege of studying Medicine, should you decide to pursue it, after graduation. On that note, I will suggest one of: Physiotherapy (there are few of them and opportunities abound here), Microbiology (it is one of the most versatile courses in the 21st century, there is almost no field you cannot branch into),Human Nutrition (people are concerned about what they eat and what they should eat more than ever before; social groups, religious organizations, NGOs etc invite Nutritionists to advise them from time to time, Blogs on Nutrition would also attract traffic depending on the richness of your research per time, graduates of this course also work in hospitals, Food companies and so on).
Furthermore, you may want to study Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry; make a first class or 2.1 and help your doctor friends, who will graduate some 3-4 years after you, get a job?

Finally, whatever course you choose, make sure you pass well, know it well. Be ready to work hard and you will go farther than you ever thought you would.

Christ' love to you.
Thanks bro! I appreciate it!
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
Thanks for that, I'll consider physio then... Kindly tell me a school to choose for physio
U.I.
O.A.U.
UNILAG,
U.N.N.
A.B.U.K.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
U.I.
O.A.U.
UNILAG,
U.N.N.
A.B.U.K.
I dnt think all the schools you listed here offer physiotherapy!! From my info, OAU, UI, BUK and UNIMAID are the schools that offers physio
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
I dnt think all the schools you listed here offer physiotherapy!! From my info, OAU, UI, BUK and UNIMAID are the schools that offers physio
They all offer physiotherapy.B.U.K is also what I call Ado Bayero University.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
They all offer physiotherapy.B.U.K is also what I call Ado Bayero University.
Boss pls dnt say my own is too much sir! Someone advice me to change my desired institution to Unimaid! That my 235 with a high putme score can still get me medicine. Can you give me such advice? Thanks
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
Boss pls dnt say my own is too much sir! Someone advice me to change my desired institution to Unimaid! That my 235 with a high putme score can still get me medicine. Can you give me such advice? Thanls
The most important thing is the cut-off mark.What is the cut-off in Unimaid?
Do you know someone who can facilitate your admission there?Have you considered the distance too?

You know Unimaid was not your first choice so those who chose the school will get better consideration.Weigh your options.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
thorpido:
The most important thing is the cut-off mark.What is the cut-off in Unimaid?
Do you know someone who can facilitate your admission there?Have you considered the distance too?

You know Unimaid was not your first choice so those who chose the school will get better consideration.Weigh your options.
As for the cut-off, I dnt know. Influence? I dnt have, Distance? Its nt a prob, First choice? Am gonna buy the jamb change of institution stuff and put them as my first choice
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Humblega(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
am here bcs u referd me from frm ur 2nd thread about physiotherapy.
Neyova:
As for the cut-off, I dnt know. Influence? I dnt have, Distance? Its nt a prob, First choice? Am gonna buy the jamb change of institution stuff and put them as my first choice
there ar lots of factors u need to consider

1) will ur parents allow to go dere? bcs of insurgency

2) are dey not type of uni dey lay more emphasis on catchment tins (our own pple tins)

3) is dere medicine still relevant ( dis-accreditatn i mean)

4) wot was the cut-off last year

though i dont knw region where u ar from. above all make through findings b4 u decide. wish u best of luck
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
Humblega:
am here bcs u referd me from frm ur 2nd thread about physiotherapy.
there ar lots of factors u need to consider

1) will ur parents allow to go dere? bcs of insurgency

2) are dey not type of uni dey lay more emphasis on catchment tins (our own pple tins)

3) is dere medicine still relevant ( dis-accreditatn i mean)

4) wot was the cut-off last year

though i dont knw region where u ar from. above all make through findings b4 u decide. wish u best of luck
Thanks so much! I've decided to settle for medical rehab in oau jeje.. How many students do they admit there yearly??
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Humblega(m): 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
Thanks so much! I've decided to settle for medical rehab in oau jeje.. How many students do they admit there yearly??
Like 70. remember wot dey will still use is average of jamb and PUME. and med rehab cut of normally falls btw 245-255 sha. which i tink is much achievable
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Humblega:
Like 70. remember wot dey will still use is average of jamb and PUME. and med rehab cut of normally falls btw 245-255 sha. which i tink is much achievable
Thanks sir! I'll put in my best with God on my side
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by faradexs09(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
It's a great course to study, it's always exciting studying the anatomical components of the human body, study of dz has been key to unvealing some new treatment plans and discoveries of previously unknown structure...it's exciting bro, it all depends on u

1 Like

Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by oluwatobi01(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Wth ur jamb score,change to biochem...U won't regret it,even medical stu must pass d course b4 de 'r called doctors....Bch d nightmare of medical students wth many prospects such as food n nutritional biochemistry,oncology,immunology,toxicology, biotechnology,clinical biochemistry,industrial biochemistry.. Cum to bch n feel the pathway of life...Acetyl coA to my fellow metabolites...Rep AAUA,bch dept...

1 Like

Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by thorpido(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Neyova:
You need to know the cut-off of the course in the school where you are going.It's important for your admission prospects.Make enquiries.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Biochemistry will really help u in med school. Though, the med school biochemistry is tougher than the normal undergraduate biochemistry.
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by simba1: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Neyova:
Help!!! Am thinking of applying for anatomy in one federal university with the hope of crossing to medicine after having my Bsc. The question is, is it a good course to study? Thanks
MY GUY, IF MED IS WHAT U WANT 2 DO, I'D SAY U CHANGE UR INSTITUTION TO A LESS COMPETITIVE ONE. E.G STATE UNI. LIKE LAST YEAR DELSU'S CUT IN TOTAL WAS 56%(224). COMPARE IT TO FED. UNI LIKE UNN LAST YEAR CUT 290.5 so tell me, is 224 unatainable?
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by DOCTOR90: 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
Neyova:
change to AAU medicine we b sure if u pass d post ume with ur jamb score it we b sure ,am in AAU college of medicine now ur jamb score is good to go
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
DOCTOR90:
change to AAU medicine we b sure if u pass d post ume with ur jamb score it we b sure ,am in AAU college of medicine now ur jamb score is good to go
Pls can you give me your number so I could hook you up on whatsapp?? Or your pin either! Thanks
Re: Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study???? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
simba1:
MY GUY, IF MED IS WHAT U WANT 2 DO, I'D SAY U CHANGE UR INSTITUTION TO A LESS COMPETITIVE ONE. E.G STATE UNI. LIKE LAST YEAR DELSU'S CUT IN TOTAL WAS 56%(224). COMPARE IT TO FED. UNI LIKE UNN LAST YEAR CUT 290.5 so tell me, is 224 unatainable?
Ok! Were all the candidates that 224 given admission to study medicine?? Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Rccg Scholaship/bursary / 48-Year-Old Sunday Dare Asefon Emerges NANS President

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.