Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC (39610 Views)

Dying To Be Thin: Thousands Petition Youtube To Ban Anorexic Vlogger / Does ALABUKUN, 7up And LIME Work For Abortion? / Found Broom Sticks In The Bottle Of 7up (VISUALS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Damianobi(m): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2015
stardragon:

jazz ma no go work here

Hehehe
No underrate guru maraji oo
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2015
olafemi:
Guy,

Take this advise-Go to their office and complain to the manager of the branch and have an understanding with him on how you will be settled. Most probably you will be give some crate of drinks.

Now let me give you some reasons why you should handle it this way.

1. I bet you don't have that time to follow up the case if you have a job.

2.You are in Nigeria and not in America where issues like this are taking seriously

3.You are not richer that 7up-as 7up will do anything possible to keep the brand and business. They can go as far as killing you even with the help of you own lawyer because by the time your own lawyer bribed you will be confused. You think if they give you lawyer 2 million em go support you again and again if you are so rich to pay a lawyer as much as that then you will be busy follow up with ur job/business that gives you money rather chasing what can kill you.

4.Note that it took 7up years to bring up that brand and yet they have not even gotten to the level they want-they wont allow you waist the effort with just a cockroach in a bottle.

Goodluck

They cannot kill him undecided

He can do whatever he likes, 7up may decide not to give a mess. It won't stop the nextnman from consuming it.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2015
Omotayor123:
I am surprised at how Nigerians are discouraging d guy abt suing 7up. Should d weak nd poor continue to suffer in silence?
7up made a mistake and dey av to come out clean and apologize. we are all consumer of dia products.

I believed dat with our support, d case can be won in court.
Let us stop suffering in silence.

If dem like, dey can blame it on GMB or GEJ.

The guy has no case. Suing 7up would be a waste of resources.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Babosa: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
If you didnt consume the contents of the bottle then you have no right of action and no remedy in damages. Call lawyer on
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by ManTiger(m): 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Dsauce

I have 2 proven ways for you but I'm not willing to share it openly.

Send me a pm and let's tok about it.

I onced had this opportunity but the barman sharply open the bottle of legend and emptied it then give me another drink, in my own case, a strawl was cocked inside the bottle.

Expecting your pm.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by ManTiger(m): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

Pls can you give me one reason why you think the guy has no case?

That 7up is a multi-national coy doesn't mean they can't be sued?

This is what corruption breeds, you all believe the coy can buy the judiciary and that way the judgement can be skewed towards their direction abii? Ok now, kontunuu.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
ManTiger:

Pls can you give me one reason why you think the guy has no case?

That 7up is a multi-national coy doesn't mean they can't be sued?

This is what corruption breeds, you all believe the coy can buy the judiciary and that way the judgement can be skewed towards their direction abii? Ok now, kontunuu.

This is not about corruption

This is about laid down rules to curtail compensation culture.

Forget legal rules even morally 7up has not done anything wrong.

Stop thinking with your heart
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by myhero4eva: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
my brother u r absolutely on d rit track. Y we went 2 schl is dt we maybe bold n knwledgeable enug 2 fight a just course at any givn time even as we crave 4 our rits. They nt only violeted d stndard opratnal procedure (SOP), BT NEGLECTED D PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDARD WHICH CULD LEAD 2 PUBLIC FUD POISONING. JST SNAP D DRINK, TRY N GET BK DOSE 7UP DISTRIBUTORS N TRICK DM INTO NEGOTIATN, DEN RECORD UR CONVERSTN WIT DM. HIDE DT DRINK WIA IT WULD B SAFE AS U GET A GOOD LAWYER. REMEMBER, U R FIGHTIN 4 PUBLIC SAFETY N NT JST URS. THEY WIL PAY 4 ATTEMPTIN PUBLIC POISONIN N NEGLIGENCE TO PUBLIC SAFETY. GOD WIL GIV U VICTORY BT REMEMBER ME O
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
MARKone:

OP also include criminal intent to cause Diabetes, which one be to exchange one bottle of cockroach infested 7UP with Four Crates of 7UP, shine your eyes, them no wish you well o.

Happy court case in advance..

Lmao.........chaii! Naija. Despite the heat and frustrations we still have our sense of humor intact. Bro you made my day
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bro. Don't back down. Give it a shot with all your might even if it doesn't pay in the end. Atleast you've tried. Alternatively, sell the bottle to me for 10k.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by ahamonyeka(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
I think av heard of this before how come is still happening to you or are they just putting the cockroach inside knowingly?
W
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Napoleone(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Well...you may want to sue for NEGLIGENCE but take note:
For the company to be liable in this type of situation, the case of DONOGHUE v STEVENSON has prescribed facts to be proved which includes:
1.) That the Company owes you a DUTY OF CARE
2.) That there was a BREACH of that duty
3.) DAMAGE was caused to you as a result of the breach.
Although I may not bore you with the explanation on the requirements but where I think may be technical for you is the aspect of the damage it has caused you. This is because, as against the case of DONOGHUE v STEVENSON, the drink has not been opened and taken by the consumer; in which as it may be proved that it has caused damage to the consumer.
Considering the delay in court and the way the judiciary is now, I may want to advise you to find a way to collect the crates of minerals.
However, if the client insist on suing, I as a lawyer may argue that the damage was economic loss due resulting from the loss of customers who saw and heard about the drink.

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by jomoh: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.

The only way you can get anything from them is tru blackmail. Show them and threaten to take it to channels tv, NAFDAC and post the video recording on youtube.

Aside from the above, you aint getting NADA from them. You can't sue for damages cos you've not taken it so you didn't suffer any injury and once it is opened they will deny it and may even sue you that you put it there to frame them and blackmail them.

Also you have to be quick with whatever you want to do cos a good PR of a company will quickly go on air to tell the whole country to beware that their engine got faulty thereby producing some of those. This will eliminate any potential trouble from this cos they will say they said it already.

During the blackmail, make sure you get a recording of your conversation.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by sunboy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.

My best advice just contact them with your lawyer and just accept their settlement out of court which I'm sure they will want, that will save them some money and save yourself some stress too avoiding court ruling to their favor, this is naija!
Settle out of court and get some 20m or more, u still have nothing to lose.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Omotayor123(f): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

ur view though!
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Omotayor123:

ur view though!

No, it is not my view

It is the sad reality, dearie

That is what the law say
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Omotayor123(f): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

No, it is not my view

It is the sad reality, dearie

That is what the law say
OK
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Georgeooo(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
But had it been u had started drinking the 7up before finding the insect on it, u could hv filed an action for negligence but in this case, u will only make out a case for NAFDAC. See a similar case of Donoghue v stevenson. Browse and read it.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by delishpot: 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
You get proof say you buy am from genuine seven up distributor? Will the person agree to stand withness that you bought it from them and they in turn bought directly from sevenup? Cos seven up may claim that it wasnt bought from them. They may say its fake from some counterfeiter. So do your homework well
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Boyooosa(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
You do not have big case, you have not consumed it.... they will compensate you tho!
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Make I break into two if u see 1 naira collect from 7up.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by dsauce: 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
ManTiger:
@Dsauce

I onced had this opportunity but the barman sharply open the bottle of legend and emptied it then give me another drink, in my own case, a strawl was cocked inside the bottle.

Expecting your pm.
Av bin trying to reach u via email,but sims mot to go.. U can drop ur number
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by dsauce: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
xxxtedyxxx:
Make I break into two if u see 1 naira collect from 7up.
U think so? Dont worry just keep ur space here cos i will definitely update.. Am sure u will wanna know d end of d story
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by twopointtwo: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Definitely u can't win the case if u sue them,just call their customer care and tell them and they will ask u to bring the bottle but never make that mistake just let them settle u first then u give them the bottle to distroy and that ends the case.
GboyegaD:
You could involve some lawyer friends but hope yiu recorded your conversation with the distributors as evidence otherwise, don't be surprised when judgment is granted in their favor.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by dsauce: 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
ahamonyeka:
I think av heard of this before how come is still happening to you or are they just putting the cockroach inside knowingly?
W
It shows how negligent dey are too consumer health
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by mekpa(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Abeg I be 7up staff....we dey sorry.....na mistake e no go happen again...breaak d bottle nd 4get abt d whole issue...Abeg we no want make nafdac close we company....abbeg make people dey feed 4rm dere...tanks I sabi say e no easy sha
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by abiambo(m): 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:

be careful, the lawyer is d key...use some1 u know very well, a friend or family member others will quickly sell u out. they will pay but not as much as u think but enough to start life. i know some1 dat decided dat dey should make him a dealer instead of collecting money.. and now hes making money
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by blank(f): 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
@op, according to Nigeria's annoying laws, you are only entitled to another bottle in exchange. Anything the bottling company will do is just to reduce damage to their brand.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by malonephill(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:

this is not the first time bro, my neighbour saw broom inside 7up last year

We over look it, we just have to be watchful of what we take, mind you most of those are not made from main 7up company
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by malonephill(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
ManTiger:
@Dsauce

Expecting your pm.
I had of same story bro, that person saw bro inside 7up. My neighbourhood
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by fistonati(m): 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:

Sincerely speaking ds hapened in d eighties & it was conplete waste of time & resources. Dey wil only compensate u & dts if u let me bt dnt be surprise d case wil be postponed ril Africa win worldcup. Dnt realy too much on d money sha
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by sonssyo: 12:04am On Mar 16, 2015
sue dem,just be careful.a friend had same evidence against coca cola but dey collected d bottle and broke it. snap d bottle very well. hv a copy as exhibit one.get a good lawyer,may be u guys wil agree to share proceeds 50-50.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour / In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Tony Ezenna Is Alive, Not Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.