Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

The Choice You Make - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Choice You Make (398 Views)

Does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? / Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? / The Choice You Make (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Choice You Make by SonofIssachar: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
Author Unknown

Once upon a time there lived a great Duke. He had a large estate, was very rich, and had everything in this world to make a man happy, if that were possible, so far as worldly things was concerned. He was a widower, had an only child, a beautiful girl, who had a very sweet disposition, was very kind to the poor, and was beloved by all around.

When she was 20 years of age her father said to her, "My daughter, next year you will become of age, and I intend to ask to the castle here, for a week's festivities, all the young nobles of the land. I expect that many of them will be asking your hand in marriage, and I beg of you to see that you make a good choice, for your happiness afterwards will depend on the choice you make. I might also say that, in case anything should happen to me, I have made my will, and everything I possess in this world at my death will belong to you."

The time soon came for the celebration of her 21st birthday, and while her Ladyship was in her room with her maid dressing, in preparation for the reception of the guests, a loud knocking was heard at the back door of the court. One of the men-servants, on going out to see who was making such a noise, found a beggar man on crutches. The man-servant ordered him to go away. "Don't trouble her Ladyship today," he said, "she is very busy, and a great many guests are coming shortly to the castle."

But the beggar answered that he would not go away until he saw her Ladyship. Thereupon the door was slammed in the beggar's face; but he took up one of his crutches and laid on to the door, making such a noise that it brought back the servant, who threatened to put the dogs on to him if he did not go away. To this the beggar only replied that the dogs would not frighten him, and he would not go away until he had seen her Ladyship.

To try and frighten him the servant went to the kennels, and at once the dogs set up such a terrible howling that the noise reached her Ladyship's ears; and she sent her maid to find out the meaning of it all. The maid returned with the information that it was a poor, lame beggar man who wanted to see her Ladyship, and he would not go away until he saw her. "Very well," replied her Ladyship, "I will be down presently. Tell him to wait till I come."

Shortly afterwards her Ladyship went down followed by a retinue of servants, in case any harm might come to her. Seeing the beggar, she asked him kindly, "Well, my good man, what do you want?"

He bowed, and then said, "I have come to ask your hand in marriage today."

Her Ladyship looked at him steadfastly for a moment, then stepping forward, said "Very well. Here it is."

To continue tomorrow…

Meditation: Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. – 2 Timothy 2:19

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.
Re: The Choice You Make by Anas09: 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
O my God what happened?

(1) (Reply)

South African Girl Nabbed Before She Joins The Islamic State / Destiny-number-predict Your Appropriate Career / Quality Solar Panels In Lagos At Affordable Rate More Than Ever... Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.