Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Stubborn Siblings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stubborn Siblings (958 Views)

Photo Of 10 Siblings From Same Parents: 9 Girls, 1 Boy / 6 Siblings Poisoned To Death In Anambra To Be Buried On Nov. 5th / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn Siblings by frenzy55: 4:45am On Mar 15, 2015
My mom is old living alone with two of my siblings a brother and a sister a 25 year old and a 28 year old., the rest of us are overseas, every time I call my mom she is crying this two are causing havoc, if they are not selling anything they don't own, they are teaming up to frustrate her, like not talking to my mom, not cooking and such. This two are jobless and failed school numerous times, my sister was repeated school until she decided not to go, my brother the same, with there bad grades it has been hard for them to secure a students visa, I personally even refused to sponsor them abroad after seing how rotten there behavior was. Anytime me and my siblings abroad go home they try everything to ruin your stay, they will pull everything to sabotage your efforts, we suspect the ringleader is my brother,
It is so hard dealing with hard headed kids, iam to a point almost bringing my mom oversease and forgetting about my siblings
How do I deal with such?
Re: Stubborn Siblings by menix(m): 5:25am On Mar 15, 2015
U ve said it all ursef..
Take mum wiv u nd do d needful...

Pained as if am in ur shoes cous doz siblings re gonna suffer..
Last 9t i met a fwend lik doz ur siblings, he has been totally abandoned.. This guy is so related to saraki u hear of..
Re: Stubborn Siblings by GboyegaD(m): 5:51am On Mar 15, 2015
I think your best advice will be for everyone to neglect them. That way they will learn get lessons.
Re: Stubborn Siblings by AnyibestDede(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
I think the best thing to do is to seperate 2 of them dnt abandone them it might backfire. Get them busy, they ll learn
Re: Stubborn Siblings by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2015
I assume the sister is 28- encourage her to get married, set her up in a decent trade.

Get the man something doing too.

Get mama a mature help that can keep her company and help her.

If sibs refuse to get settled and continue to frustrate mama and the help, relocate mama abroad and do whatever you can for the sibs.

I hope your mum will be willing to leave them...mothers can be funny.

1 Like

Re: Stubborn Siblings by DesChyko: 6:16am On Mar 15, 2015
Why not involve the community leaders of your hometown on this one? Or better still, involve the security networks in Nigeria. Let them know of the danger these siblings are posing. They are not kids anymore. Even your mom may not fancy the idea of leaving her helpless kids.

If you must neglect them, you must ensure that absolutely everything pertaining the family's properties is in safe hands. And you must prepare for some major issues like badmouthing. There is no way people won't talk, with them living like peasants while their family members are enjoying abroad. Or them winding up in jail for some serious bullcrap. Stuffs like that soils family names.

Perhaps you should come down home to see to things for yourself. You may be able to address their issues better with even easier friendly means.
Re: Stubborn Siblings by fraudpolice15: 6:26am On Mar 15, 2015
If you want a bird to fly you have to push it off the nest. Convince your mother to throw ur siblings out for their own good.
Re: Stubborn Siblings by donttouch: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2015
Send the lady go Malaysia, send the guy go Pakistan...

...and thank me later.
Re: Stubborn Siblings by frenzy55: 1:48am On Mar 16, 2015
Thank you all, will consider every option
Re: Stubborn Siblings by Daresh(f): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2015
frenzy55:
My mom is old living alone with two of my siblings a brother and a sister a 25 year old and a 28 year old., the rest of us are overseas, every time I call my mom she is crying this two are causing havoc, if they are not selling anything they don't own, they are teaming up to frustrate her, like not talking to my mom, not cooking and such. This two are jobless and failed school numerous times, my sister was repeated school until she decided not to go, my brother the same, with there bad grades it has been hard for them to secure a students visa, I personally even refused to sponsor them abroad after seing how rotten there behavior was. Anytime me and my siblings abroad go home they try everything to ruin your stay, they will pull everything to sabotage your efforts, we suspect the ringleader is my brother,
It is so hard dealing with hard headed kids, iam to a point almost bringing my mom oversease and forgetting about my siblings
How do I deal with such?

Take your mum and leave them. They will get their shit together when money doesnt come from you
Re: Stubborn Siblings by Noloss(f): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
Their problem did not just start @ 25 and 28 respectively. When a mother can not allow temporary discomfort for her kids, create artificial scarcity for them, can't stand their tears then such is bound to happen. They are old enough to fend for themselves. If atall. U want to set up business for them let them work and gather money first then u add to it cos if u set them up just like dat such business will crumble(they'll scander it). If possible take ur mum with u, send little stipend to them until they learn their lessons.
Re: Stubborn Siblings by frenzy55: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
It is hard to start a business for them the older one has tried all sorts of business squandering money.
just thank God if your siblings that turned out right.

(1) (Reply)

My husband’s second wife doesn’t know I exist / The Old Mans' 50 Golden Rules / 5 Children Found Dead After Mistakenly Locking Themselves In Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.