Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (22843 Views)

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by IamHumility(m): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2015
Number 7.

suxex4ever:
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your
God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery/fornication.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by mmsen: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

The new testament summarized it as Love your neighbour as yourself and love God. I believe that covers rape, abuse of power...
The golden rule covers all worthwhile laws of social conduct and is why 1- 5 look particularly silly - how can anyone be so misguided to believe that 1- 5 are so important? Those are not laws for the benefit and safe-keeping of the individual, they are there to keep the power structure in place. Why be explicit about those 10 in the old testament whilst ignoring more serious transgressions?

How do you legislate or even prove 5 and 10?
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

As a lady, you omit no9
As a lady eggovinMma, don't do that.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by cr7lomo: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2015
Do not add fornication their , it's not in d ten commandments , Stop manipulating the bible to ur own favor . Which commandment did they say adultery / fornication, unless if it's ur own personal written bible

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2015
I have no business with any concerning the first one, but I try to keep the other nine as a human being with sense.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by HizMissy(f): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2015
all except murder.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by eightsin(m): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2015
All o. The thing tire me. Na grace just dey cover me if not...

God na God
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by komek(m): 9:05am On Mar 15, 2015
No 7 has been a serious issue to me. I need help cos its really getting worst on a daily basis.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Gynacologist(m): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If you find it so difficult to obey why not just take it out of the story book. The person who wrote that is probably impotent. Just find a scripture in the Bible and twist it to mean fornication is good, or perhaps god wasn't talking about fornication in that part it means something else. Just keep twisting and twisting until you capture the minds of your gullible brethren. Hypocrites! cheesy
nawa ooo....blasphemy oooo...no sin against d holy spirit ooo....
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 9:11am On Mar 15, 2015
mmsen:

The golden rule covers all worthwhile laws of social conduct and why 1- 5 look particularly silly - how can anyone be so misguided to believe that 1- 5 are so important? Those are not laws for the benefit and safe-keeping of the individual, they are there to keep the power structure in place. Why be explicit about those 10 in the old testament whilst ignoring more serious transgressions.

How do you legislate or even prove 5 and 10?

Off course the golden rule + the love of GOD, which is the summary in the new testament covers all.

It should be noted that 1-4 should not be joked with as it signifies the love and respect of GOD in that summary. However, one needs to be very careful with no5 and never place it above the love of GOD.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by write2obi(m): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2015
Adyrin:
Thou shalt not commit adultery hard sha!

-Another one is "...Thou shalt not name the Name of the Lord in vain"
We do this mostly without even knowing. Eg:
* God punnish you there"
*OoooooooH God!" Ooh Jesus!
*Jesus Christ of Nazareth!"
*God Why?"
Etc.....
That sounds like a prayer to me grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by M4gunners: 9:13am On Mar 15, 2015
Just look hw nairalander are snickering away from the truth. Anyway if you say the truth God will help you. As for me number 4 and 7 . Make una keep deceiving una self oh.Me i don confess my own.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ceejay80s(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2015
Number 7
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by jujutom(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2015
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by DEGREE2466(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
God in vain.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery/fornication.
8. You shall not steal.
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey

please modify your post.

The first and second number are one. Worshipping idol and having another God is the same. So the ordering is wrong. You shall not commit adultery is the SIXTH commandment. Make research please and make amendment to your post because it is not in order of the ten commandment

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by write2obi(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2015
God in vain.

6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery
8. You shall not steal.
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So help me God

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by mmsen: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

Off course the golden rule + the love of GOD, which is the summary in the new testament covers all.

It should be noted that 1-4 should not be joked with as it signifies the love and respect of GOD in that summary. However, one needs to be very careful with no5 and never place it above the love of GOD.

It's possible to follow the golden rule without so much as acknowledging any 'god' - societies with minimal religious interaction fare better than their religious counterparts in that regard.

1 - 5 are about cementing the power structure - establishing the supremacy of the religious authorities, to be followed by the family.

P.S.
Why was protecting people from rape not considered a priority in the old testament?
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ceejay80s(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2015
cr7lomo:
Do not add fornication their , it's not in d ten commandments , Stop manipulating the bible to ur own favor . Which commandment did they say adultery / fornication, unless if it's ur own personal written bible
True story,
Na so dem dey turn bible upside down, dem go tell u say u must bring ur first salary of the year to dem that its in the bible to pay tithe by force, a pastor has even told his members that if u don't pay it ,u will go to hell
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by strawberryinc(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2015
option 7 sir
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 9:27am On Mar 15, 2015
cr7lomo:

Kindly read
1 Corinthians 6:18
1 Corinthians 7:2
Galatians 5:19-21
Matthew 5:32
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by daxon001(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Don't commit fornication in ur heartsad
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ceejay80s(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2015
HizMissy:
all except murder.
So at ur tender age ,u don commit number 7
I hail u!!!!!!
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by kolypo: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2015
they find it difficult to obey the first commandment don't hv no god beside me. they are worshipping jesus not God Almighty what a same!!!
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by cr7lomo: 9:33am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

Kindly read

Am not talking bout Corinthians or Galatians here, am taking bout the ten commandments , which was written by Moses . U can't proof to me that fornication is in the ten commandments
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ceejay80s(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

Kindly read
The op said in the ten commandments and not the other verses in the bible,
Its a simple question, after una go dey blame waec

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by xtervaganza(m): 9:35am On Mar 15, 2015
I live by my own morals. I have no business with a loving god that will burn your mother's and fathers forever in fire while you open your mouth and praise all day long in heaven

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by yommexe(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2015
Number 7...
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by HizMissy(f): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2015
ceejay80s:

So at ur tender age ,u don commit number 7
I hail u!!!!!!

how do you know my age? aren't you just assuming?
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2015
DEGREE2466:

please modify your post.

The first and second number are one. Worshipping idol and having another God is the same. So the ordering is wrong. You shall not commit adultery is the SIXTH commandment. Make research please and make amendment to your post because it is not in order of the ten commandment

This is just the short form.Let me give you details of 1$2.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me .
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or
that is in the earth beneath , or that is in the water under the earth . Thou shalt not bow down thyself to
them , nor serve them : for I the Lord thy God am a
jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me ; And shewing mercy unto thousands of
them that love me , and keep my commandments .
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by HizMissy(f): 9:46am On Mar 15, 2015
hmmmm, what a christian i am. i neva knew that fornication wasnt mentioned in d commandments...

now i know better.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2015
4 and 7
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2015
cr7lomo:

Am not talking bout Corinthians or Galatians here, am taking bout the ten commandments , which was written by Moses . U can't proof to me that fornication is in the ten commandments

You are right, but its a sin according to bible references i listed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch Your Tongue, DSS Warns Apostle Suleman / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.