Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,902 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? (7710 Views)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by isika82: 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
I am getting serious with a Nigerian guy who came to US as a teenage and I want people's advice. Truth be told, I am Nigerian (not Nigerian American, since my father is Nigerian), but I was born and raised in US. I am one of those people, others want to label as being out of touch with my heritage. But I am not (i watch Nigerian movies lol), plus I love Nigerian food. This is a first for me as he is the first Nigerian guy I have ever dated. I am expecting him to treat me differently from other non-Nigerians I dated in the past (is that too much to ask for). Plus I want to be respected. So, what are the top questions one should ask before marrying a Nigerian guy. For starters, I didn't meet him on the internet and yes he is a good man. Any thoughts
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
1. What is your take on a woman's role in a marriage?
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Treetop20(m): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2009
gee i would have thought
that a girl who is ready to settle down
would know what kind of questions to ask
her serious boyfriend
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by isika82: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2009
So i guess I should ask what is his take on a man's role in marriage too? I am striving for an egalitarian union, so if the questions are posed for women, is it okay to pose them to the man also.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by isika82: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2009
gee i would have thought
that a girl who is ready to settle down
would know what kind of questions to ask
her serious boyfriend

Technically, I am getting serious. I say that because we currently do not live in the same town let alone the same state, which is why i was posing the questions?
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2009
isika82:

So i guess I should ask what is his take on a man's role in marriage too? I am striving for an egalitarian union, so if the questions are posed for women, is it okay to pose them to the man also.

you no ready to marry at all . . . wait small.  grin Your eye go soon clear . . .
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sistawoman: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2009
how long have you dated him?

Have you not covered all the pre-marriage questions by now?

Is this going to be typed and will he have a set amount of time to answer the question?

It really is not like a pop quiz or something.  It is not an interogation.  These are just everyday conversations, questions, talks that you have with your man over time to figure out where he is or what he is thinking.

How old are you?
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by MrCrackles(m): 12:02am On Jan 16, 2009
davidylan:

you no ready to marry at all . . . wait small.  grin Your eye go soon clear . . .

e fit wait till thy kingdom come ooo! grin
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:03am On Jan 16, 2009
TOP QTNS:

Your monthly earnings?

Do you like shopping?

Can you cook?

Do you love kids?

Are you HIV+? If yeah/no, Can we go for check up? to know if your womb is still intact/ to know if you ain impotent grin

brb
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by MrCrackles(m): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2009
chai!
grin
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 16, 2009
egalitarian union ko democratic union ni. Naija men and egalitarian unions dont mix.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sillyboy(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2009
@ Topic.

How often do u get down. . .
Where do you work?
How much do you have in your savings?. . .
Whats your credit score?
Can you drive. . .?
Do you dance?. . .
How good is your hygiene?
Hope your mum wouldnt keep calling our house?
Do you agree to naming our first daughter Chelsea?

The list goes on jare.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Treetop20(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

e fit wait till thy kingdom come ooo! grin
i reckon a couple of years will do it cheesy
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:10am On Jan 16, 2009
contd.

Are there any form of chronic illness e.g. warapa{epilepsy}, mental illness, etc. in your family lineage? grin
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sillyboy(m): 12:12am On Jan 16, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

contd.

Are there any form of chronic illness e.g. warapa{epilepsy}, mental illness, etc. in your family lineage? grin

Haba. . .you dont need to ask that now. . .
you can always find that out.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Treetop20(m): 12:13am On Jan 16, 2009
sillyboy:

Haba. . .you dont need to ask that now. . .
you can always find that out.
how? grin
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:15am On Jan 16, 2009
Innit tho!

Help me ask him, How? grin
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2009
As i was sayin my dear poster, other questions includes:

Are you a member of the 'Airforce' n by that i mean, are you a witch/wizard? grin

Will you for any reason do money ritual?

mon bo mi ti de. . .
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sillyboy(m): 12:17am On Jan 16, 2009
Treetop20:

how? grin

~ku_sh!~:

Innit tho!

Help me ask him, How? grin

Do you guys know what warapa and what mental illness are?
Do you need to ask to know if some1 has got mental illness. . .?
Warapa on the other hand will come out during hot sessions. . . undecided
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by yicob(m): 12:19am On Jan 16, 2009
Would she allow me to play around wit external asses.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sistawoman: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2009
How many children do you want?

How do you define men and women roles?

What is your r/s like with your mom?

What is your 1 year, 5 year, 10 yr and 20 year goals?

What religon will we raise the children?

What languages will we talk in the home?

Do you want a wife that stays home or one that works?

How will the finances be handled?

When was the last time your bank account was overdrawn?

Have you ever hit a woman?

What is your view on cheating?

What is cheating to you?

Are EA's allowed?

Did your father cheat on your mom?

did your father hit your mom?

what were your mom responsibilites in the home?

How did you view your moms role in the home?

How do you view women. . weaker sex, equal to you or what?

back with more.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Sauron1: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

What is cheating to you?

Are EA's allowed?

back with more.

All these questions for me?? Am i under interrogation??
Christ!!!!
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2009
sillyboy:

Do you guys know what warapa and what mental illness are?
Do you need to ask to know if some1 has got mental illness. . .?
Warapa on the other hand will come out during hot sessions. . . undecided

No i dont! shocked Not that you'll jus open your mouth 'gbao' n ask like that. . . . there's a way to it man. innit? cheesy
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by DaPhoenix(f): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

All these questions for me?? Am i under interrogation??
Christ!!!!

Relax, I'm sure she isn't going to ask all of them on the same day.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2009
How DEEP is your love? grin

Will you climb mountain for me?

Do you smoke?

Do you drink?

Do you go clubbing?
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by sillyboy(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2009
Ehen. . .my continuation. . .

Hope you wouldnt expect me to help out in the kitchen when am not ready to?
Hope you wouldnt complain if I get up from the bed without laying the sheets properly?
Hope you wouldnt complain having beer with friends often?
would you dump Arsenal, Man u for Chelsea after marriage?
Hope you will understand when my secretary or PA/ wears a stupidly short skirts and sits on my table in office?

To be contd.

~ku_sh!~:

No i dont! shocked Not that you'll jus open your mouth 'gbao' n ask like that. . . . there's a way to it man. innit? cheesy

No. . .please tell me the way aunty. . . undecided

Trust me, you dont wannna get dirty with me.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by MissyB1(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2009
What led to the break up of his previous relationships!( Of course, he mite lie he got heartbroken) tongue
Who is God to him??
Is his Conscience still working??( Very Important . . u don't ask this, you find out)
Infact . . . the most important things are better found out not asked.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by tope2000(f): 12:27am On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

What is cheating to you?

Are EA's allowed?

back with more.

Good list cuz u gotta be careful of who u marry these dayz lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by Sauron1: 12:29am On Jan 16, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Relax, I'm sure she isn't going to ask all of them on the same day.

Of course, i don't attract nosey women.
Tope can't be bovvered about all those. . . . .She is only interested in ma bedroom skills.
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by MrCrackles(m): 12:30am On Jan 16, 2009
Sistawoman is legendary! cheesy
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by kushi1: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2009
@ topic

Ever been convicted of any criminal offence? angry

sillyboy:

No. . .please tell me the way aunty. . . undecided

Trust me, you dont wannna get dirty with me.

Who's 'aunty'? angry

You dont wana get derti with me either m8 wink
Re: What Are The Top Questions To Ask Before Marrying A Nigerian Guy/gal? by tope2000(f): 12:36am On Jan 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course, i don't attract nosey women.
Tope can't be bovvered about all those. . . . .She is only interested in ma bedroom skills.

U thot wrong darling undecided
When i want to get nosey with u, Oh u r gonna hate me.
My own interrogation will pass the MI5, CIA AND FBI joined together grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage / He Told The Truth About His Brother’s Bride And Everybody Hates Him / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.