Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals (851 Views)

Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: AYC 2015 (2 - 0) On 18th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals by bvibesblogger: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nigeria U20 coach Manu Garba says his team is ready to defeat Ghana or Mali fin the semi-finals opponents at the ongoing African Youth Championship in Senegal after the Flying Eagles sealed top spot in Group A.

The Flying Eagles’ handler’s side will play either Ghana or Mali in the semi-finals who are already through to the last four as the clash between the two sides on Sunday will determine who finishes top of Group B.

Garba, whose team held their Ivorian counterparts to a two-all draw in the final group game in Mbour on Saturday, stated this a post match conference.

Nigeria will play the second placed team in Group B as the result of the match between Ghana and Mali will determine who takes on the Flying Eagles but their coach said he is ready to ready any of the two countries.

Garba said: “We came to Senegal to win the trophy, so we would be ready to face any opposition in the next round of matches. We are not scared of either Ghana or Mali.

“We just want to play our games and win. “Our initial plans was to win all matches but now that we drew against Cote d’ Ivoire, we would redesign our strategies for the remaining games and I can assure you that we would come out better.”

On his assessment on the Ivorians, Garba opined that the Ivorians have a quality team but are unlucky not to make it into the next round of the tournament. He said: “The Ivorians are well known to us. “We have played them a couple of times and we understand their style of play.

“They like to sit back and hit you on the counter.

“You will agree with me that we conceded two quick goals due to defensive error but all that would be corrected before our next game.

“We also made about four changes in our starting line up and I believe some of the new players are new to the settings and that cost us the slow start in the game. “However, we hope to move on strong in our subsequent game here in Senegal.”

http://thesparkng.com/ayc-2015-flying-eagles-coach-manu-garba-declares-war-ghana-mali-semi-finals/

Re: AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nigeria should learn this art of continuity. If I'm not mistaken and this was the coach who led the current U20 to win gold trophy as U 17 team then this man knows his players too well. If he has led this same team as U 17 to glory and is not doing bad with then as U20 coach. I suggest he is given contract to lead this same team as senior national team when they are above 23. That way continuity is ensured and he is familiar with the boys. After all he's not a terrible coach.
Re: AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals by jacabi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Vessi, our problem is that, we play politics in everything. Before you know it, they would have given him list of players they want him to use. I think that's one of the prolems we have at the senior level.
Re: AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
jacabi:
@Vessi, our problem is that, we play politics in everything. Before you know it, they would have given him list of players they want him to use. I think that's one of the prolems we have at the senior level.
we want change. cheesy
Re: AYC 2015: Manu Garba Declares War On Ghana, Mali In Semi-finals by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
jacabi:
MEN CAN CHANGE,NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.MANU GARBA WILL NOT SACRIFICE NATIONAL GLORY FOR PERSONAL AND SELFISH INTERESTS.HE IS FULL OF CONFIDENCE AND APT TO LEARN FROM CRITICISM.CRITICISM DOES NOT NECESSARY CONNOTE NEGATIVITY.HE HAS THE MENTALITY OF A WINNER.HE WORKS ASSIDIOUSLY TO WIN AND DOESNT HOLD BACK.HE WORKS LONG HOURS,TRAINS HIS PLAYERS RIGOROUSLY.HE WOULD RATHER RESIGN HIS JOB THAN FACE REPROACH.HE IS A TRUE PATROIT AND COME 2018,HE WILL BE READY TO LEAD THE SUPER EAGLES TO DO WELL IN THE WORLD CUP.IF YOU WANT TO KNOW A MAN,TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS PSYCHOLOGY AND HIS PHILOSOPHY.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Felaini Needs Your Help Guys... / WATCH: Messi Doesn't Celebrate Barcelona Goal, Checks On Hurt Player / Wilson Federer Racquet Bags It Can Contain 12pcs Of Racket With Thermoguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.