Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

E. Fantasy(short Stories) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / E. Fantasy(short Stories) (66202 Views)

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Mikumbi - An African Inspired Fantasy Short Story / 21 Horrifying Short Stories To Scare The Hell Out of You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by almadebe(f): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
Really lovely story. Still I read. More ideas to ur brain crixina dear.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by mariamferanmi(f): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Tanx crixina 4 d update!!!! Don't knw wat to say again, pls keep it up u are rili talented!!! I envy ur brain.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
mariamferanmi:
Tanx crixina 4 d update!!!! Don't knw wat to say again, pls keep it up u are rili talented!!! I envy ur brain.
thanks dear, i'm sure you have something i would envy too.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
almadebe:
Really lovely story. Still I read. More ideas to ur brain crixina dear.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Felinize:
Crixina thanks a lot you re d best
thanks.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
where the pioneer followers of this thread, Ka52y, biddieluv,Tha Ruthlxx, murphymakum, drtwist and the rest...?
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Ka52y(f): 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
am here
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by drtwist(m): 8:54am On Aug 14, 2015
Crixina:
where the pioneer followers of this thread, Ka52y, biddieluv,Tha Ruthlxx, murphymakum, drtwist and the rest...?

Present ma...... Have not been around for a while but I'm back now like blackberry with no charger
Ride on
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by biddieluvzyaho(f): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Am here,just short of words,dis is d bomb,u nailed it babes
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by zinylicious(f): 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
WOW!!! That's all i could write, nice story @Crixina
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by ablatgraphicplus(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
I don't want to commit sin against talent by not commenting. You are so so so great.

#Newfansadded
waiting for update prayerfully
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by jasperkings372(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Av been following dis story silently for weeks nw, nd i tink its tym to speak out. Ur awesome @crixina..nice story, one of d best in NL. More mbs to ur fone dear
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Galaxdiva(f): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2015
Wow..... Awesome, oh Crixina..more plsssssss
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
once again so as nt to sin against creative minds.
u r awesome
keep it up man
u r up to the tasks go in there and make it in d literature world u av all what it takes
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
After what seemed like an eternity of throwing questions around among the ladies, the men decided to come in,
What’s going on here man? Connor spoke first,
Calm down everybody! Lucas spoke in a confident and serious voice; we all know why we are here, Evans,
Rosie, do you remember the night Evans was killed? Lucas asked Rosie, his face had assumed that state it was always in each time he was trying to intimidate someone, and I guess Rosie was intimidated from the look on face,
Uh…yes… she was with me, in my place, she finally spat out the words,
Okay Good, Lucas added, now Sarah, do you really believe Alice killed Evans,
What’s this about? Connor interrupted,
Connor, please just let Sarah answer the question, Lucas said,
Uh, no…maybe… I don’t know, what is going on here, All I can remember is that she barged into the house the day before Evans was killed and made some trouble, and that night Evans was shot,
Would that have been a coincidence, I would say she had motive, right now, I’m sitting across the table from her and I don’t even know what to believe, so please someone should just say something.
I wanted to speak, but Lucas raised his hand in a gesture to shut me up,
Fine, I will make it simple, Alice had nothing to do with Evans’ death; she was framed and I will prove that to you, Evans was murdered at about nine thirty P.M that night, that same time Alice was at Rosie’s.
She may not have pulled that trigger, she may have paid someone to do it, we are not stupid, and Lucas why are you defending her, Sarah snapped,
I didn’t do it, I snapped, but Lucas hushed me again,
Evans was killed by his brother, Lucas broke the ice,
What? Rosie, Sarah and Connor exclaimed in unison,
That’s ridiculous, Evans had no brother, and he never mentioned any, Sarah added, her voice trembling,
That’s because he didn’t even know he did, he doesn’t just have a brother, but he had brothers,
Lucas picked up his tab, clicked some keys, some pictures were displayed, he dropped in a way that Rosie, Sarah and Connor could view them clearly, they were pictures of Evans and Sarah, Rosie and I, Evans and I, Lucas, even a picture or two of all the Jamesons, and they were all pictures dating far back as a year or two years ago.
I could see the surprise on their faces, even that of Rosie who had already seen some that afternoon,
You mean someone has been watching my family? Connor asked with a voice that suggested maybe fear and anger,
Yes, and that person killed Evans, he was watching all of us because somehow we are all connected to Evans, he knew us, our every move, he was just waiting for the perfect opportunity, and Alice somehow presented him with that. Lucas continued confidently like he was giving a lecture, he sounded so convincing that he had me believing all over again,
How the hell do you know all this? Rosie found some words at last,
And who is this person because you obviously sound like you him? Connor added,
He is my brother too, we are all brothers, he clicked another button and a picture of Elliot filled up the Screen, he was watching me, not knowing that I was watching him too, Lucas said,
Elliot! Rosie exclaimed, turning to look at me as if to confirm if it’s true, so I nodded,
Rosie, he is not who we thought him to be, I added,
But … Rosie tried to speak, but what? Lucas quickly asked, he has been coming around, when the heat of this whole mess was on, he came around to check on me, he was even telling me that he can’t believe you would do a thing like that,
Jerry Lucas and i exchanged surprise glances,
When was the last time he came around? Jerry finally spoke,
About three weeks ago, he came saying he was worried about you Alice, that if you ever called me or come around, I should let him know,
Oh my God! Sarah exclaimed, is this guy targeting all of us, because I think I have met him somewhere too, I’m trying to remember where,
Shit! He is making contact, this is what I feared, Lucas added,
Is my family in any trouble? Connor asked, obviously scared,
Yes, I remember, he approached me in Evans’ funeral, I didn’t really pay attention, there were a lot of people coming around to pay their condolences, but there was something about him, he said he and Evans were friends, that he wasn’t in the country, he just came in when he heard of the funeral, he assured me that he would do everything in his power to find you, Sarah said, nodding to me, he had this certainty and confidence in his voice, I didn’t even catch his name,
Son of a b..itch! When exactly did he leave me to meet you? I asked,
How do you mean leave you? Sarah asked, I could see the curiosity on Connor and Rosie’s faces, I didn’t know if telling them that I spent time with Elliot would be a bad idea, so I turned to look at Lucas who nodded assuredly,
I have been with Elliot for the past three months or so, when the Police was looking for me; he was the first person I called after I found out I wasn’t just wanted by the police, but someone had sent a group of men after me too, I was confused, I had nowhere to go, I didn’t know who to turn to, so I called him, I didn’t know he was even planning to make contact, I made his job easier by calling him first, he pretended to be protecting me, he gained my confidence and trust all in a guise to point me to Lucas as the person responsible for everything, I believed him until I met Lucas, well things didn’t turn out the way he planned it, I didn’t even know what his plans were, but I ended up finding out the truth.
Oh my God! Oh my God! What is going on? Why is he targeting us? Why is he targeting me? Sarah kept freaking out,
That’s why I called us all here, I want to keep us in the loop, and I want us to all watch out for Elliot, there is a reason why he watched us all, because in one way or the other we are all connected to Evans,
We don’t even know if what you are telling us is true, even if it is, we don’t want any part of it, my sister has been through a lot, besides he can’t even get to us, Connor objected
You think so? This guy is crafty, calculated, I’m sorry to admit it, but he is smart, he has played every one of us in one way or the other, he will find a way to get to us, it may not be today or tomorrow, it may be next year, but he will always find a way, this guy is sick for God sakes, Jerry said in a manner I think must have convinced the Jamesons,
What do we do? Sarah asked,
Sarah! Connor exclaimed as if to urge her not to give in,
Connor please, this guy is dangerous, mum and dad are in this photographs too, are you not scared because I am,
Sarah, we are a powerful family, we can handle this Scumbag, in fact all we need to do is just blink and he goes away, Connor stated with pride in his voice,
Oh sorry, maybe I left some things out of Elliot’s profile, Lucas said sarcastically,
Elliot Jeremy, son of the head of customs, though that part may not matter bebecause if there is anyone that hates him more than I do right now is his father, but the point is he is the step son of Felix Duke,
Minister of Justice? Connor asked,
Yep the very one, Lucas answered in his sarcastic tone, and the mother is a successful businesswoman, you must have heard of Gladys Duke,
The woman that owns Treasure tours? Sarah asked,
You have got it covered then, Lucas teased again, not to mention the big bad wolf himself, Elliot’s maternal grandfather, Chief Wallace Jeremy, a one time assistant inspector general of police, though retired but still very influential. So you can see that Elliot knows what he is doing.
I haven’t really heard anyone tell me of my involvement in this, and what does this Elliot guy want from me? How do I get this guy to stay the hell away from me? Rosie finally spoke after a long time of silence, I felt bad for her, I saw that look on her face that she has each time she is scared or uncertain,
Rosie, there is a reason I approached you and the Jamesons, I knew Elliot would try to get to you all, that’s why I finally called us all here, I want us to work together, Elliot was arrested for murder, but he was released because there was nothing to hold him yet, his family will make sure this case doesn’t see the light of day, that’s why I need you Sarah and Connor,
This morning, I just received a letter of summons, but I know that is pure B.S because they are trying to turn this around, Rosie that’s where you come in,
So what do you say Guys? Lucas looked from the Jamesons to Rosie, Connor and Sarah both exchanged glances,
I will personally love to meet this moth..er..fuc..ker, so I say we are in.
I knew you guys must have gotten the crazy idea that I’m part of whatever this is, but the truth is I’m not; Rosie spoke in the car after a long silence, I’m so scared to even go back to my own home, you don’t have to go, we could stop by your home, pick up whatever you need, then you can come with us, until we are sure you are safe or until we figure out how to really keep you safe, Lucas said,
I can’t run away or hide out, where are we even going to? Rosie was really freaking out, I hadn’t seen her that edgy before,
Jerry pulled in. we made our way through the basement,
Where is this place? She asked again this time her voice was trembling, but I understood her, it must have been the dark basement, I kept wondering what she would do if we get to the lounge, or when we pass through the club, my thoughts were interrupted by the loud music from the club,
Rosie pulled my arms at once, where the hell is this place Alice?
Jerry must have read my expression when she turned to Rosie and said,
Calm down please, I know there are a ton of things you don’t really understand, but just calm down and I promise you, you will soon.
A club? She screamed as we made our way past it and took the elevator straight to the pent house, I was surprise the dinner table was already set, I could see the surprise Rosie had from the elevator, when we stepped into the pent house, it was like her anger had disappeared for a moment, she was awed, I could tell because I was too the first time,
Rosie, welcome to my humble abode, what may I offer you? Lucas sounded sarcastic again, I couldn’t tell why he was in that mood that night, but something kept hinting that he was on to me,
What? Is this your place? How?
You told me you work for a consulting firm, Rosie stammered as she let the words out,
I chuckled, quite ironic! I said, at least it was the first time I had a chance to get back at Lucas that night,
What really is going on here?
Rosie, I’m sure by now Elliot must have figured out I have gotten to you, you are not really safe on your own anymore, stay here, until I can handle this,
Why should I trust you, I can’t help you with Elliot, as far as I’m concerned, I have no business here, I’m not even sure where I am, I have a life okay, I work, I’m a responsible person, I can’t live my life out in a club or wherever fancy place this is, and ultimately I don’t want to live a criminal life or die or lose my parents or any of my family member for that matter, I can’t be caught up in the web of whatever this is and finally I want to GO HOME, Rosie went on whining, I was boiling with anger, I was hurt, the Rosie I know would have trusted me, stood up for me, she would have at least have the courtesy of asking how I survived after she handed me over to the police, she would have had my back, I tried to suppress the anger, I tried to understand her, I tried to put myself in her shoes, so I decided to speak,
Rosie, we said we needed your help because we need a lawyer, I bloated the word out without thinking, I could see the surprise in Jerry and Lucas’ faces, but I had to say something to try and convince Rosie to stay,
You got to be kidding me, Alice, are you crazy or what? You want me to defend you in court?
Is this some sick joke or what? Look, I had a good life, until you showed up this afternoon, I don’t even know what to believe, and do you know I was scrutinized by the police for a whole month because they thought I was an accomplice in a murder case, it almost wrecked my career, I know you are my friend, but the last month has changed a whole lot of things about me, I have learnt to see things differently so listen…
No, you listen to me Rosie; I have really tried to understand you…
Alice, Lucas interrupted,
No, you hold it there, I will deal with you later, I snapped at him, and then turned back to Rosie; you think I asked for this? You think I wanted to be caught up in this?
I had a normal life until six months ago, damn, I already had a picture of the life I wanted in my head; first I found out that the man I was in love with left me for another woman, still trying to process that, I heard he was murdered, and then next thing I was hunted down by the police, in the last few months I have seen myself fighting for my life, kidnapped, held at gun point, trusted the one person that has been responsible for my misfortunes,
And Rosie did you know that my parents had been kidnapped and are probably been tortured, and right now standing before me is who I thought to be my best friend telling me about how perfect her life is, and how it is about to be ruined by my misfortunes, so Rosie you want to tell me how your life has changed in a hundred ways, I can assure you mine has in a million ways and most of it are not good ways,
What happened to you? What happened to trust and friendship, we used to have each other’s backs, and we used to stand up for each other,
okay, you are trying to tell me how I ruined your life, I could also say that for you, because part of what I’m going through is because of fighting for you, with that, I stood up angrily, walked to Lucas’s laptop on the table, clicked on a few folders, Kelvin’s pictures came up, I swiped the laptop to Rosie’s position so she could see well,
You remember him Rosie?
He works for Elliot, do you think he did choose me because he likes my face, no he did to get back at me for having helped you, something you are not even grateful for, so it’s either you trust me and help or you get the hell out, and I mean forever.
I couldn’t believe I said all that, I didn’t even realize I was raising my voice until I saw all three of them stare at me in disbelief, I could feel my pulse racing,
Jerry tried to talk to me, but I interrupted almost immediately,
And you speaking of friendship, I thought you were my friend, you knew all about Lucas’ plans and you never told me, don’t speak to me right now, I walked out on them heading to my apartment.
An hour later, I heard a knock on the door, it must be Lucas, I thought, the door wasn’t locked so the person pushed open, it was Rosie,
What are you doing here? I thought you would be home by now, I said not really
looking in her direction,
I just came by to say I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have judged you, I wasn’t sensitive at all, I guess I was just overwhelmed by this whole situation, the truth is that I’m scared, and I don’t know what to do, so I might have freaked out a bit,
More like a lot, I said,
I’m sorry, she said again looking really sincere, I hadn’t seen that in a while,
I’m sorry too Rosie, you are right, it’s because of me you are caught up in this, but we will come out of this together and strong okay?
I have missed you; I brought you a gift, not really a gift though, because it was yours,
She brought out my phone from her handbag,
Oh my God! Rosie! Thank you, I need to call my sister, I have been so worried about her, but she smiled,
Why are you smiling? I asked, curious,
Rita and Uncle Andy are fine; I think Lucas didn’t just get close to me to protect me,
What are you talking about? I asked again,
Rita and Uncle Andy are in one of Lucas’ family houses out of town,
What? I asked in a surprise tone, he told you this? How come I didn’t know about this?
I need to go talk to Lucas right now.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
No, you don’t, you need to tell me all about your life in the last six months, we need to have a long talk, she said using that tone she does when she wants to get some gossip out of me, we both giggled like kids,
What’s your deal with Lucas? A guy who would go that length to protect you, and please tell me he doesn’t own this magnificent place, please start talking already, Rosie said impatiently,
Okay, where do you want me to start? Where I lived in a beach house for two months or when I learnt how to shoot a gun?
Rosie’ eyes popped open,
Come on, it’s girls night, we will have a long night of gossip, I said.
Oh my! Rosie exclaimed as she got up running into the bathroom, what time is it? What time did we sleep last night?
She asked, as she gurgled the tooth paste in her mouth, next thing I heard was the shower running, in less than ten minutes she was out,
I’m late again, I have tons of work on my desk to wrap up, I still have to get home and change, I stood up opening the wardrobe ajar, feel free to ransack,
Wow! There is something you are not telling me about this Lucas, he stocks up your wardrobe, she asked as she went through the clothes, no big deal, Elliot used to do that too, maybe I was so carried away with fancy clothes I couldn’t see the truth,
Why are you smiling? She asked when she saw me beaming at her,
I just missed this, a normal life with my friends and family, I feel like I’m starting to get it back, it’s like yesterday was actually the first time in six months I have made a good lead, I’m so glad to know part of my family is okay,
And you why are you so hasty, since when did you start being conscious of going to work early? I teased Rosie,
Today is different, Paul Dylan is flying into town, he has a big case he just landed, so he will be in town to go through the case files, I don’t want to get on his bad side, the guy is mean both in and out of the court, Rosie joked, but when she turned, I wasn’t smiling,
What is it? She asked,
Paul Dylan? i asked, yeah my boss, the guy that owns our firm.
In ten minutes, Rosie was all dressed, after hearing Paul Dylan, I didn’t think about any other thing, I dragged Rosie to the other wing of the pent house, Lucas, Jerry and Steve were sitting around the table, my guess was that they just finished breakfast,
Good morning guys, Rosie greeted them delightfully, but I just gave all of them a weak smile, I was still mad about the night before,
Rosie, Adeline is coming up to make you girls breakfast, then if you want to go to work, Max will take you, Lucas said paying more attention to Rosie, I knew he was up to his games as usual, so I ignored him,
Thanks Lucas, but I really must be on my way, and about someone taking me to work, I don’t want that, I’m fine on my own seriously, but it is quite risky out there, Lucas tried to push,
I insist on going alone please, Rosie retorted,
Birds of a feather, Steve whispered obviously referring to me, as they all smiled,
Well, I knew you would say that, so I might have tampered with your phone last night, if you are in any trouble, we would know, Lucas said, while Steve smiled proudly, that alone told me they must have planted their usual micro chip on Rosie’ phone,
Rosie says Paul Dylan is in town, I spoke in a high tone that got all of them turning to look at me,
Excuse me, Rosie said,
That big case you were talking about is our case; he is going to be representing Elliot in court, that’s why I want you Rosie to handle this case,
What!
Excuse me!
They all exclaimed, I don’t know who said which, but I waited for them to get off their surprise state, and then I continued again,
No No! No! No! No! That is not happening, Lucas stood up protesting, are you crazy? Do you think people just walk into the court room and start representing others, are you high on something?
Please Alice, tell me that was a joke, Rosie said, no, Rosie, it isn’t, I’m sorry, what’s wrong Rosie, are you not a lawyer?
An inexperience one, I have never defended anyone in court before, all I do I sit down in the office and work case files, well, it’s about time you went to the court room,
Rosie, please tell your friend she is crazy, in fact, why I’m I even debating this, it isn’t going to happen, Paul Dylan has won more cases in this country than I could ever think of, he represents murderers, robbers, politicians, name them, and somehow he still finds a way to set them free, all you have to do is be able to afford him and you are good to go,
Alice, Paul Dylan has never lost any case, no matter how steep it is, Rosie added,
Well, he is about to make history, I retorted,
Alice, I work for the guy for crying out loud, this guy has been winning cases even before I dreamt of going to the university, I can’t Alice, I’m so sorry,
Rosie listen to me, I dragged her to one side, I know this seems out of the ordinary, I have faith in you, I have seen you work case files, I have seen you put one and one together, in fact all I see you do is help win cases that Paul Dylan takes credit for, you are good, even if you don’t know it, remember when I asked you why you don’t take up cases in court, can you remember what your response was?
Yes, I said I’m waiting for the right case, the one that will blow open my career, Rosie replied,
Yes, yes Rosie, this is it, I want to help you make your career, this case is a piece of cake, we just need the right evidence, which we will find, Rosie, Rosie look at me, someday you will thank me for this, I promise you,
Rosie, don’t listen to her, Lucas screamed,
I don’t know Alice, this might even begin with losing my job at the firm, and it might not still end well, we are talking about my career here, I need to go to work,
Rosie, Wait! Think about it, I will help you win this case; the world will know your name at the end of this, just think about it.
Have a nice day, I will see you later in the evening, be safe, I said, as she returned a weak smile while Max appeared and walked her to the door.
I went back to my apartment, had a shower, by the time I came out again, Lucas and Jerry were gone, I had to go down to the technical room, where I met Steve busy with his toys, he looked in charge, because it felt like Trevor even answered to him,
Steve, where is Lucas and Jerry?
They went out, he answered without taking his eyes off the screen,
Do you know where they went to, I asked again,
He hesitated, then said no, I knew he was lying or hiding something so I left him without a word, Adeline brought me something to eat, after which I fell asleep, I must have slept for about to three hours, I woke up feeling light, I decided to check on Lucas again, I made up my mind not to go so strong on him this time, I walked to his side of the pent house, after calling out for a while, I had no answer, I decided to walk in, Lucas was in the shower, immediately the thought of our almost sexual encounter last time popped into my head, but I blocked it out as fast as it came,
Hello! Who’s there? Lucas called out, but I didn’t respond, the next thing I knew a gun was in my face,
Whoa! Hold it there, it’s just me, you go to the bathroom with a gun? What happened to “this building is well secured”, I quoted him is this about Elliot?
Sorry, I’m not used to people sneaking into my bedroom, he said opening up his wardrobe,
Maybe I should go and come back later, I said turning around to leave,
No! I’m sure I can still get dressed with you in here, before I could turn he was already in his boxers, I kept struggling with the thoughts in my head,
Do you want something? He finally spoke to relieve the awkwardness between us,
No, yes, I stuttered, I know we have been having a lot of disagreements on certain issues lately,
Have we? He interrupted,
First, you made me think that you were just sitting around with no plans, while you were actually watching over my friend, making contact with the Jamesons and…
I stopped midway,
And what? He asked,
Saving my family, Lucas, when were you going to tell me? I thought we promised not to keep each other in the dark, anyway I’m trying to say a sane person wouldn’t be busy fighting you, a sane person would have just been grateful and would have said thank you,
So that’s why I’m saying thank you right now for all you have done for me,
It’s okay, he said, then smiled. That awkwardness came back; I quickly took care of it by changing the subject,
So where did you guys go to? I asked,
He hesitated for a while like Steve did, then he spoke,
I went to see Ted James,
Who is Ted James, I asked, he is my lawyer; he just flew into town, I was a bit disappointed, look, I know I’m having a hard time agreeing with you on Rosie, but you have to understand that this is for the best, if we let Rosie do this, she could lose or she will lose the case, that means I might go to jail, you might too, all of us might, and that is one thing I don’t want, Lucas said,
What if this Ted James loses? Would you be glad going to jail then?
He won’t, so you trust him but you can’t trust Rosie,
Yes I do trust him, because he has represented me before, he is experienced and he is good at what he does, please Alice, understand this, it’s for our own good.
I didn’t argue further, but that didn’t mean I agreed with Lucas,
Besides, I have some good news, come on, he said, some minutes later, Jerry, Steve, Lucas and I were all seated in the living room of the penthouse,
Skiter just got to me, he sent me this, and he opened up the pictures on the screen, it is confirmed that this is the building Elliot is keeping Gloria and Alice’s parents, but this place is heavily guarded by his thugs, Skiter said they might be about eight to ten of them, there are two entrances to the building,
Four! A voice echoed from the door, we turned, it was Naomi, I know this place, this is where I was first taken to, two of those entrances are in this basement, there was a door in the basement I was locked in, which leads out to the highway, two people will be outside those doors, that’s how I got shot, I didn’t think they will be anyone out there,
I’m sure they will be guards here, here, and here, she said pointing on the screen,
Skiter also told me that he suspects that something big is about to happen, three days ago, this guy was brought in, he goes by the nick name Scorpion, Lucas enlarged a picture of a man with ragged beards, I have done business with him a couple of times, a notorious killer, arm robber, in fact he is a true definition of a criminal, rumours has it that even the police fear him,
So what is he doing with Elliot? Steve asked,
Whatever it is, it’s not good, that’s why we need to get our people out of that place as soon as possible, Lucas added, I was already infuriated, I could feel the goose bumps on my body, I was shivering like the room just suddenly became colder,
Good luck with that if Scorpion is involved, I once saw this guy kill a guy by just snapping his neck, Naomi added,
You know this guy too? Steve asked,
Yeah, she does, a business transaction we did, Lucas retorted,
Are you okay? Jerry asked me, I couldn’t respond, so I just nodded,
So what do we do now? He turned to ask Lucas,
We create a diversion, I snapped at once standing up and walking towards the screen while all of them just kept staring at me, Naomi said there are two doors out of the basements, which I’m sure that’s where they are being held, we create a diversion out here in front which will draw all of them out, while we sneak in through the basement and rescue them.
Okay, but what kind of diversion? Steve asked, it was like he asked for all of them, because they all turned to me expectantly,
I hesitated, I couldn’t believe I would even think that, but we were talking about my parents, I couldn’t imagine what would happen to them,
How about a bomb blast, I finally spoke,
It was as if they were transported out of the room suddenly, there was silence for some seconds, like I said the worst thing in the world, but well it was,
Were you some kind of criminal in your old life? Steve asked,
And I thought I was crazy, Naomi added,
Lucas just stood up and went straight to the bar, I think I need a glass too, Naomi said to Lucas,
Alice, I’m a bit worried about you, I mean what happened in the morning and now this, Jerry whispered to me,
I’m not crazy Jerry, I waited all along to hear the plan, nobody came up with one, I thought of one and you guys now think I’m crazy, okay, let’s say you are not crazy and we decide to go with your plan,
How the fuckkk do we get a bomb? Lucas asked, Lucas, you are not seriously considering what she just said, Are you? Jerry asked,
Oh God! We have more than one crazy person in the house, Steve said draining his glass of whiskey, but I just turned to Lucas,
You are going to call Avery,
What? Who? Lucas and Jerry both asked at the same time,
How do you know about Avery? Lucas asked,
Maybe, I’m just good at snooping around,
Who the fuckkk is Avery? Jerry asked again
Some militant buddy of Lucas, and right now he is about to help us, I said grinning,
And I thought I knew everything that goes on in here; Steve said pouring himself a drink,
If you don’t, be rest assured Lucas, I will find Avery myself and go on as planned, I walked out leaving everyone dazed.

2 Likes

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
Happy Sunday guys, I'm glad to know that some of the pioneer followers of this thread are still here, and thank you all for your lovely comments.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by larrykay0(f): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
u r indeed gifted....so much luv u
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Mario1983(m): 7:01am On Aug 17, 2015
wow a wonderful update
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Schoolguy9(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2015
Crixina:
Happy Sunday guys, I'm glad to know that some of the pioneer followers of this thread are still here, and thank you all for your lovely comments.

I no fit talk o, I'm just surprised at everything.
More grease to your elbow.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by biddieluvzyaho(f): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Crixina post=37027484]Happy Sunday guys, I'm glad to know that some of the pioneer followers of this thread are still here, and thank you all for your lovely comments.[/quote we r still here babes,,?in fact .amm short of words. Tanx dearie
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by larrykay0(f): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
waitin ooooooooooo
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Osman1996(m): 7:15am On Aug 22, 2015
Crix no keep us waiting
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by ElvisGee94(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Crixina... Wow.. God bless ur brain... Keep d good work going
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Ka52y(f): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
we ar waiting for update ooooo
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
Guys i know how this may sound, but you just have to understand please,
I'm going to be away for a while, just bear with me, it's so hectic for me. i promise to come back with goodies grin
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by chade(f): 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
OMG.........infact i dobale for u...u r one in a million..i really do envy ur brain
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Felinize: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
We shall b here waiting 4 u and d goodies boss
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by kelvincoke(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Crixina:
Guys i know how this may sound, but you just have to understand please,
I'm going to be away for a while, just bear with me, it's so hectic for me. i promise to come back with goodies grin

away for a while ke,try finish dis tin nw.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by unlimitedbosco: 7:46am On Sep 05, 2015
Crixina where are you ? Mods pls fp
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Royal58(m): 2:00am On Sep 06, 2015
u r a true definition of a genius writer.jst got glued to ur write up.more grease to ur elbows.

so wat happens next?
who conquers d conqueror?

only tym will tell,we waiting for d next.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2015
unlimitedbosco:
Crixina where are you ? Mods pls fp
guys, I'm terribly sorry, I can't complete this piece for now, when I'm a bit relieved, I will. Pls bear with me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.