Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (673539 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
It's a sitcom

"Half classic sitcom (think Dick Van Dyke), half MCU spectacular".

Ewwww angry

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2020

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by F0REVERB0SS(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
AfricaGalactic:

Ewwww angry
grin grin

I think it will not be as sitcomy as most think and if anything that gloss on it will be more meta than just it being Parks And Recs with Supers. And I think it will have more serious undertones as the show progresses.

If it's just an excuse to do a show with an "ironic" laugh track, I think it would be a waste.

Although it would be funny if Vision did the falling over the footstool trick from the dick van dyke show and ended up nuking the entire room with his “laser beam”
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
F0REVERB0SS:
grin
looks boring. But I know marvel never disappoints
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
hulk616:
looks boring. But I know marvel never disappoints
Not really digging it, Falcon and Winter Soldier is the real deal

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
F0REVERB0SS:

grin grin

I think it will not be as sitcomy as most think and if anything that gloss on it will be more meta than just it being Parks And Recs with Supers. And I think it will have more serious undertones as the show progresses.

If it's just an excuse to do a show with an "ironic" laugh track, I think it would be a waste.

Although it would be funny if Vision did the falling over the footstool trick from the dick van dyke show and ended up nuking the entire room with his “laser beam”

This won't make sense IMO it will ruin vision for me sad
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

I agree
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
if it's character study, I see it getting ......
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Xavier5(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
It's a sitcom

"Half classic sitcom (think Dick Van Dyke), half MCU spectacular".

No No Nooooooooooooooo

don't tell me they are about to turn scarlet witch and vision into comic characters. That's bad, really bad if what you're saying is true.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by HbJ2(m): 7:07am On Jan 03, 2020
I'm happy both Ms Marvel and WandaVision are coming sooner.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 4:21am On Jan 04, 2020
https://geektyrant.com/news/marvels-dracula-is-now-rumored-to-appear-in-disneys-moon-knight-series

Marvel’s upcoming Moon Knight series seems to be shaping up to be a monster fest, which would be awesome! It’s previously been reported that Werewolf by Night, Bushman, and Stained Glass Scarlett might appear in the series as villains. Now, according to Marvel scooper Daniel Richtman, Dracula is set to appear in the series as well.

Dracula, based on Bram Stoker’s novel, originally debuted in Marvel Comics in 1972’s The Tomb of Dracula #1. The character has changed a lot in the comics over the years. His most recent storyline involved uniting all the world’s vampires and going to war against The Avengers.
Marvel needs to bring that story to the big screen! That would be wild!

Hell yeah! Bring on the drac!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 5:16am On Jan 04, 2020
angryangry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2020
Shittaakeem:
angryangry
I'm all in for the inclusion of minorities but telling us after every LGBT character is cast makes it seems forced, like they are doing it to impress people not because they need the person's talent

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2020
Shittaakeem:
angryangry
noooooooooooooo. cry cry cry
Please it can't be true
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Shittaakeem:
angryangry

He went on and retracted this statement..he clearly made it under pressure and didn't think it through
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2020
Vic2Ree:
https://geektyrant.com/news/marvels-dracula-is-now-rumored-to-appear-in-disneys-moon-knight-series

Marvel’s upcoming Moon Knight series seems to be shaping up to be a monster fest, which would be awesome! It’s previously been reported that Werewolf by Night, Bushman, and Stained Glass Scarlett might appear in the series as villains. Now, according to Marvel scooper Daniel Richtman, Dracula is set to appear in the series as well.

Dracula, based on Bram Stoker’s novel, originally debuted in Marvel Comics in 1972’s The Tomb of Dracula #1. The character has changed a lot in the comics over the years. His most recent storyline involved uniting all the world’s vampires and going to war against The Avengers.

Lmao..you want a Vampire Vs avengers movie?? Please hell no,it won't do well at all..it will feel like another mummy movie

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Vic2Ree:

Not buying this news at the moment

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I'm all in for the inclusion of minorities but telling us after every LGBT character is cast makes it seems forced like they are doing it to impress people not because they need the person's talent
Yeah, he didn't announce it. He just answered yes when someone directly asked about it and most likely misinterpreted the question anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TheKingIsHere: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
AfricaGalactic:

Yeah, he didn't announce it. He just answered yes when someone directly asked about it and most likely misinterpreted the question anyway.

He actually announced it but didn't think about the consequences until later on which made him run back to retract his statements

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Darkprime(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shittaakeem:
angryangry
Has this been a cause for concern?

By no means have I kept up with all the genre movies and TV shows. But based on my own sampling, I’m only aware of one trans character: Nia Nal (aka Dreamer) on Supergirl. Arguably, Gillian on Jessica Jones might count too. But although played by a trans actor, the character was never identified as such.

So as far as representation goes, that seems fairly modest. Is there more that I don't know about?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Darkprime:

Has this been a cause for concern?

By no means have I kept up with all the genre movies and TV shows. But based on my own sampling, I’m only aware of one trans character: Nia Nal (aka Dreamer) on Supergirl. Arguably, Gillian on Jessica Jones might count too. But although played by a trans actor, the character was never identified as such.

So as far as representation goes, that seems fairly modest. Is there more that I don't know about?
what is the point of putting those abnormal people if they are going to be useless?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lala39(f): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Considering we literally have zero confirmed transgender MCU characters at this point, the drama in this thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Darkprime(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
hulk616:
what is the point of putting those abnormal people if they are going to be useless?
Regarding Nia Nal (on Supergirl), I wouldn’t say she’s useless. But I don’t think she’s all that interesting. My pet peeve about the Arrowverse is that the “solo” heroes have too many superpowered co-stars. I prefer that the main hero be a unique champion. And the addition of similarly endowed allies kinda dilutes that concept. (IMO, of course. Your mileage may vary.) Thus, I could do without Nia. But the same goes for Brainiac 5 and J’onn J’onzz. (Or Arsenal and the various Canaries on Arrow; or Killer Frost, Vibe and Elongated Man on Flash; etc.) It’s got nothing to do with being normal or “abnormal”; it’s too many cooks in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
I...I don’t even know what to say to that.

hulk616:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
1000WaysToLive:
I...I don’t even know what to say to that.

ok
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Darkprime:

Regarding Nia Nal (on Supergirl), I wouldn’t say she’s useless. But I don’t think she’s all that interesting. My pet peeve about the Arrowverse is that the “solo” heroes have too many superpowered co-stars. I prefer that the main hero be a unique champion. And the addition of similarly endowed allies kinda dilutes that concept. (IMO, of course. Your mileage may vary.) Thus, I could do without Nia. But the same goes for Brainiac 5 and J’onn J’onzz. (Or Arsenal and the various Canaries on Arrow; or Killer Frost, Vibe and Elongated Man on Flash; etc.) It’s got nothing to do with being normal or “abnormal”; it’s too many cooks in the kitchen.
homosexuals should go and create their own movies and TV shows instead of being useless and destroying years of hard work done by MCU
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
hulk616:
[s]what is the point of putting those abnormal people if they are going to be useless?[/s]
Between labeling LGBT people as “abnormal”, and the fact that you’re preemptively bitching about transgender MCU characters before we even have any....

Come on bro

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Darkprime(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
hulk616:
homosexuals should go and create their own movies and TV shows instead of being useless and destroying years of hard work done by MCU
LOL. Go troll someone else

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 1000WaysToLive(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
hulk616:

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
[s][quote author=1000WaysToLive post=85508232][/quote][/s]
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Darkprime:

LOL. Go troll someone else
troll You think I m trolling. Please if you support LGTQ nonsense don't carry it inside MCU angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.