Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project (1537 Views)

Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W. / Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Corel Draw To Create Magazine And Flyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2009
The Nairaland (Graphics) Magazine Project

Summary/Overview
The aim of this magazine is to display works done by nairaland members(grapjics section) over the years. We would be choosing selected artworks not all works done by members. Think of it as a wall of fame or a way of being noticed on the forum.
The goal of the Magazine project is to compile Nairaland content into magazine format available in PDF for download.

Purpose
By including some of the great artworks and other  information in the Nairaland graphics/video section into a magazine, we hope to offer a larger and longer lasting medium to feature the work of our fellow members. In this way it can exist to stand as a documentation of what and who was happening during a certain period of time.

Content
All content for the magazine will come from members of this section (graphics/video). All artworks would be taken with permission from members/owners of the work. A new post would be created for members to add works they want to be featured on the magazine which automatically gives us permission to add their works. Or members will be approached by the editorial team members through emails/telephone for permission concerning a paticular artwork.

Current ideas for content includes, but is not limited to:
Featured Members –---->> To include gallery selections, and interviews.
Write Ups
Hottest topics
>>>more

Method
In order to make the magazine possible, it will require a core of hardworking team members. We are going to need a large number of dedicated members who are willing to give some time and creativity to this project. This includes writers to artists to a review team. So we have outlined the following parts of the team.

Editors
Need two Editors to help regulate what goes in the magazine, along with reviewing designs, copy editing content, general management, and generating new ideas.

Layout
A team of people who can take the content and arrange into magazine format.

Writers
Specifically for the task of interviewing members, and arranging other text based content for use in the magazine. A series of forms can just be created and sent to members to fill and send back. the feed back can be used for the magazine. we dont really have to site down one on one with them.

Graphics Design
Digital artists who would work on specific artwork needed for page layouts, backgrounds, headline graphics, and other design.

Content Managers
A team of people in charge of finding, gathering, and selecting artwork to be used/displayed in the magazine.

"Freestyle" Team
This team is for everyone who is interested in helping with the project, but does not fall into one of the other team catregories. As a freestyle team member you would promote the project around nairaland (other sections. e.g computer, romance e.t.c), along with making submission recommendations, and general suggestions during the design of the magazine.

Although prior experience is appreciated, it is not required. Anyone who is interested in taking part of this project can notify us by posting a reply on the topic NL Magazine Staff  in this format  = ‘NL Magazine Staff Application’ and please include what part of the magazine staff you are interested in working with, why, and what skills you would bring to the table as part of the team. Feel free to go on as long as you need to.

For any other questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. share on thi post.

DISCLAIMERS

1. The Magazine is a community run project created and run by us members, not by outside personnel, or an outside company.
2. The publication will be online and available only on nairaland.com.
3. Not everyone who applies will automatically be given the position they are interested in. However, anyone who is interested can always become part of the street team.
4. This is a non-profit endeavor, created to benefit the nairaland community in any way.
5. The magazine is FREE!
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by solanice(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2009
I am a Photographer, how can I take part?
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
hi solanice,

positions available are:

Editors
Writers
Graphics Design
Content Managers/Layout
"Freestyle" Team

i personally think a photographer would fit in editors/content management but since i dont really know you, you should pick a position you think you can function well. good luck.

there are already two of us and this is the theme name (see below)

Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2009
work has already started, please we need writers and people to help us get artworks from old posts. so if u stumble on a work from an old post, please just paste a link to that post here so we can review it and add to the magazine. thanks!
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by project9(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
some works u shuld check out. i'll post more as i come across them

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-29961.0.html

member name [tyrex]
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by project9(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18980.0.html

member name  [A.w.o]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22504.0.html

member name [Shadyshaz]
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by project9(m): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by project9(m): 12:02am On Jan 17, 2009
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by solanice(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
I will stick with Content Managers/Layout, I can do a bit of Graphic (Photoshop&Corel Draw) as well, Thanks
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2009
ok then, i send u a mail on how we'll be approaching things. but basically, its all broken down into categories. for example there's 3d, drawings,abstract e.t.c. under 3d, we'll have different 3d works by members with the 'nairaland' username, real name , like that. i'l expanciate more in the mail. thanks again.

project9 keep em' comming man! nice work!
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by project9(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2009
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2009
nicely done man, did u mail the cover?
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2009
writers please.
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2009
heres a preview of the cover, though not finished yet

Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by gdi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2009
intrested!

a long time coming, this ll go a long way to revive this section. fill me in for graphics design and freestyler, i would also suggest new tutorials be written specifically for the mag. taking into consideration new trends and needs of todays designer. thanks gdi_samson[at]yahoo.com
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2009
hey gdi, thanks for showing interest, we tried sending mails to some of the people we are going to feature in the mag but i culdnt get ur email on ur profile page now that its here i send u a mail to fill u in. i agree with the tutorials too, we have 1 already on typography but theres always room for more.

for the mag, the size of the page we are using is: width-1,000pixels, height-500pixels.
right now we are working on the cover, rather that use the wooden look for the cover, we are thinking of putting one of our members work on it, which was the main reason for sending mails to some people because most of the works here have been reduced in order to meet the 200kb limit. so we need people to send bigger versions of their (unique)works to lenny_meth@yahoo.com or adesanyakofo@yahoo.com.

thanks again gdi we really could use ur help.
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by crewcee(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2009
I am also interested, I use Coreldraw, and photoshop, and I really want to be part of this, is there anyin for me out ther to do?
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2009
hey, i have acctually suspended the project. i tried mailing some members to feature their works and got not one single reply. but i'll get to you soon
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by Gaminechic: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
I love the Typography . .

This is really cool
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by emmakc(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
I just entered NL newly and i love the project. Am a graphic artist, non linear video editor, cartoonist and designer. A proffessional at that. So how may i help?
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by emmakc(m): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
And mind u, i wont want u to stop half way. 07033256154 emmakchinedu@yahoo.com
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by neo2(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2009
would mail u man!
Re: The Nairaland (graphics) Magazine Project by emmakc(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2009
Okay

(1) (Reply)

I Need Video Editing Or Motion Graphics Training In Abuja / Real Or Photoshop? / Even The Person That Programmed Photoshop Cannot Say How This Picture Was Edited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.