Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,094 members, 7,845,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Would Sellers Of Auto Survive The Naira Dollar Exchange Rate? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Would Sellers Of Auto Survive The Naira Dollar Exchange Rate? (757 Views)

BEWARE OF UTOS ! THE NEW FACE OF AUTO SCAM / Daily Naira To Cfa Exchange Rate At Cotonou / How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would Sellers Of Auto Survive The Naira Dollar Exchange Rate? by BAC: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
I think the busy port will dry up soon as well.
Re: Would Sellers Of Auto Survive The Naira Dollar Exchange Rate? by essentialB(f): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2009
They have to survive because when the naira stabilized at about N118 to a dollar from N147 there was no significant drop in car prices so now that the dollar has risen a little I dont expect much change in the prices of cars. Meanwhile Federal Governnemt has promised to stablize the naira against the dollar soon but I am sure it can't go less than N140.

Also the government through the CBN has made us to understand that the decrease in the value of the naira should not translate to inflation because imported goods are now cheaper than before. This is because of the global economic recession. And I totally agree with that because browsing through the internet I confirmed that the prices of most goods in Europe and America have dropped significantly. Laptops my brother used to buy and ship to me from US at an average of 600 USD has dropped to about 450 USD. So you find out that what you seem to have lost in naira devaluation, you gain from cheaper prices.

It's only illiterate Nigerians and shylock business people that will hike prices because of this.

(1) (Reply)

Ml320 1999/2000 For Sale / I Need A Clean Car With Ac For 400k / Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.