Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers (42821 Views)

Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Emmalot121(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Useful
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Etizz: 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
D funniest tin is dat I don't bother myself reading such message...
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by realtestament(m): 7:47am On Apr 12, 2015
God pass dem, dem wun tidy me but onto a very very sharp guy wey i be....i show dem igbo man sense grin
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by sacora(f): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Nmeri17:
Hi bro smiley. hope today was good?? please stop peddling this yo lies everywhere. do have a nice evening wink

PS: mods please ban this guy angry he always breaks rule 8 &10
cc naijacutee, puskin
sounds like you are jumoke eleboda

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Kizyte(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Defrauding people of their hard earned dough should be made a capital offense and should attract a capital punishment such as Death by firing squad, hanging or beheading.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Josh121(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2015
You need to adapt to a simple logic don't follow any link send to you , first call your bank to confirm if it look like real , I use online platform a lot and I know about all this stuff , I almost fail for it once , I just had to call my bank and the told me I should disregard. So be watchful

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Provie(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Always hav ur acct. officer's contact and verify with him/her.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by frankolett(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Is a pity oooh... Na God go punish dem all
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Trustworthiness: 7:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Any mail from a bank that start with "Dear Customer" is a scam mail. Your bank will mention your name as you registered the name with the bank. For example, Dear Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Notwithstanding, always check the mail address that sent you the message.

If you are not still sure, go to your bank physically to confirm and NEVER supply any of your bank details online through whatever mail sent to you.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Angel15(f): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Money matter, everyone seem to be on this thread.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Cholison(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2015
They hacked my account and took N350,000.00 through an accpunt in Union Bank. I have written countless letters to Union Bank to identify the said account holder but they are shielding him. UNION BANK NIG. PLC is allowing them to use their Bank as platform to swindle innocent nigerians.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ITbomb(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2015
iPad/iPhone email client users are the most vulnerable cos it is relatively more difficult to check the real email address of the sender.
Most other clients will deliver with the name of the sender but a click will open up the real address.

If you are unsure, open the mail in a browser and check the address

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ceedeez: 7:55am On Apr 12, 2015
I got Something like that twice in one day.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by fuelsaver: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2015
tempest01:
Old ploy though

FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS WITH THESE NAMES: MIKE ADENUGA, GODWIN EMEFIELE, ETC.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by pickabeau1: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:
They hacked my account and took N350,000.00 through an accpunt in Union Bank. I have written countless letters to Union Bank to identify the said account holder but they are shielding him. UNION BANK NIG. PLC is allowing them to use their Bank as platform to swindle innocent nigerians.

Open a thread for this
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by dazzy4real(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Been receiving this messages for a long time now buh dem don tire to send me all this stuff..

Just remember one thing!
Your bank will never ask you for your information online especially your pin. If u go by this rule you will never be a victim of this psychopath..

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by serialeco(m): 8:06am On Apr 12, 2015
libertyfather:
Everything looks strange to me because I don't an email adee, I don't have a bank account,my money is always here with me

Man, I don't think you are poor; I just believe you still have a long mileage to cover.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Hardeyoye: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2015
I have been getting such mails too but where they shot themselves in the leg is that they sent to me that my First bank account not knowing that I don't even have an account with First bank. Stupidity.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by goldman777: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2015
lawanson44:

Before nko? Na them nah! Yoruba and scamming are like bread and butter! Yet they want change whenthey are not ready to CHANGE!

tribalistic myopic monkey im sure ur high on election weed did u even vote mo.ron
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Brugo(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2015
Gboliwe:
This one almost got me. Almost in the sense that I had to look at it twice before I was convinced I was set up for a scam.

Came in a couple of minutes ago. This time around, it's with GTB and I have an account with them.
I knew it was fake because my transaction alert doesn't come from GENS. I still tried to follow the link they gave and it redirected me to http://ibank.gtbank.com.cmvingenieria.cl/ibank3/security/

With the cmvinblahblah, I knew it was cloned. I keyed in www.gtbank.com by myself and saw the difference. We should be really alert. These thieves mean serious business.

Please don't click such links again. Change your email password too.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Boerhavia: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2015
lawanson44:

Before nko? Na them nah! Yoruba and scamming are like bread and butter! Yet they want change whenthey are not ready to CHANGE!
its easier to fall for it if is Yoruba name,cos the WORLD knows Ibo are 419 and Fake evrywhr.if they use ibo name, a mad man wont fall 4 it.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by 6fit(f): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2015
No b scam, na boyz wey dey workhard to earn a living. It takes a gready man to scam a gready man.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Chidizman(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:

shocked sad
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Also you should click on the details button as shown in the picture provided to unveil the true sender of the email. A mouse-over on the sender (in case you are reading the mail from your laptop) will also show you the true sender of the false mail.

All these yahoo boiz should go to school and stop wasting their time.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:

Please close your account with them. Awon ashiere bank
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by vikeyz(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2015
their PAPA, i dealt with one last time, i fed him with his own medicine
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by tainot2002(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2015
lawanson44:

Hmm

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by moski5(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:

write the EFCC N CBN copy both to the Ig n state commissioner of Police
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by niggi4life(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
To all the computer science| Engineering| IT related undergraduates and graduates, this is your chance to make it big in network and system security, this area of IT is a hot cake and job opportunities is readily available.

Don't say I didn't tell u o
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by mizjules(f): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2015
I get these messages too, but because I don't bawith the banks they always usee, I end up deleting them. What is the aim of them sending those emails, and how do they achiee scaming people? Like I don't understand. The concept. Someone should please explain
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by bigbams24: 8:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Banks say this all the time: "We will not send you links to log into your account through mail." It's the solution overall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / Betonmarket Alerts - Season 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.