Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin (1081 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Is This Habit Cultural Or Individual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by tonychristopher: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2015
I am just confused because I just do not know where and how to categorize this but I think it best fits the cultural section. I was just browsing on my own this morning as the traditional routine in office before I face the work of the day. I bumped into Linda Ikeji site(That girl can gossip sha) then I met this tat or do I call her tot dissing on herself and black skinned people.

I asked myself has our ladies gone this low, I do not know the obsession with anything alien or foreign, it is so bad that she hates herself. I am not saying that bleaching is good or bad, medically they said it was bad but I think that most ladies have crossed the Rubicon that is the point of no return in their madness. You put on fake attitude, fake accents, fake butts, fake booobs, fake hair, fake nails, fake pupils fake skin and now fake psyche.
Where I come from in igbo land my grand dad was very fair, we are fair, In my family fairness is natural to us, yesterday my wife was telling me that work stress is making me dark and me I do not even use special soap, I use B29 or Bimbo soap at most I buy eva soap and I don’t attach importance to skin fairness. I notice that if I am out of sun shine for some time I get lighter without cream, if I travel outside the country during winter I get lighter very light but I am not worried…but back home especially here in lagos I see women hawking chemicals in ojas and market place trying to be fair and I know that there is a reason that God made our melanin content to by high. All I ask is it cultural or psychological for some women t feel dirty and absurd if they are dark. Yes my lovely wife is fair but that doesn’t mean that I have fair girls preference just that in my place (Igbo) fairness is normal and most people are either fair or just chocolate not that too dark. But it is high time African women start showing appreciation for their skins. This is becoming embarrassing.

All I ask is that is it a cultural or psychological thing for women from some group to prefer bleaching ? I know sme dark women like Genevieve, Dakore and Kate Henshaw they are dark but yet pretty.

So what is your take

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by bunmioguns(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2015
Ba$tard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by tonychristopher: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2015
bunmioguns:
Ba$tard

why call her bastard? I think she needs help, pity and empathy...dont you think so?
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2015
Well its what she wants. She should flaunt whatever makes her happy.
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by frisby: 10:41am On Mar 17, 2015
Isn't she entitled to her opinion of her own self?
She's telling u she looked dirty while still a darkskin. So she altered her skin color to look at least tolerable. Although to be frank (afterall beauty, they say, lies in beholder's eyes) the "before" photo is actually the clean-looking one in my opinion.

I'm attracted to beauty, not skin color.
An ugly rat will remain an ugly rat even when stripped down to the bones.

As for your question, i'd say psychological. It's a serious case of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
She was damn fûcking pretty when she was dark and now looks ugly. Damn!

I'll take one of her old looks over a million of her new look..

I shît on her bleached out brains tho..

**Modified **

OP what help do you think/feel she needs? Maybe a path on the back after insulting we the blacks that chose to keep our natural color rather having a self imposed vitiligo?

2 Likes

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2015
Khia howdy smiley
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by khia: 8:13am On Mar 21, 2015
francizy:
Khia howdy smiley

Hello Francizy, what are you doing talking to Daddy?
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2015
khia:

Hello Francizy, what are you doing talking to Daddy?

LoL and who's the daddy?
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by khia: 8:24am On Mar 21, 2015
francizy:

LoL and who's the daddy?

Buncherstabb of course. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2015
khia:

Buncherstabb of course. grin grin

LoL, your daddy tho.. tongue
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by khia: 8:38am On Mar 21, 2015
francizy:

LoL, your daddy tho.. tongue

LMAO grin grin
You know as in *Who's Your Daddy* *Spank Me Daddy* *Kiss Me Daddy* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
khia:

LMAO grin grin
You know as in *Who's Your Daddy* *Spank Me Daddy* *Kiss Me Daddy* grin grin grin

LoL! Didn't know you're this naughty babe..

Hmmm, you lucky you got a daddy, I woulder wooed the heck outter you.. wink
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by khia: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2015
francizy:

LoL! Didn't know you're this naughty babe..

Hmmm, you lucky you got a daddy, I woulder wooed the heck outter you.. wink

How could you have not known, I have never been shy about it.
It's all there in my posts. grin grin
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by francizy(m): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2015
khia:

How could you have not known, I have never been shy about it.
It's all there in my posts. grin grin

LoL, well, I'm a bit carried away with Nigerian politics so I've not seen much of your naughty posts apart from the one you had with me when I talked about big and watery behinds, as in the day we met on Nairaland (if you can still recall).

Anyways, its sad you got a man cry but I still do insist you introduce me with my wife to be.. smiley smiley wink

And I hope you won't gimme excuses this time.. grin
Re: Cultural Or Psychological - Please Help Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin by khia: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
francizy:

LoL, well, I'm a bit carried away with Nigerian politics so I've not seen much of your naughty posts apart from the one you had with me when I talked about big and watery behinds, as in the day we met on Nairaland (if you can still recall).

Anyways, its sad you got a man cry but I still do insist you introduce me with my wife to be.. smiley smiley wink

And I hope you won't gimme excuses this time.. grin

I don't remember a conversation about big behinds grin and be happy for me and Buncher. smiley
Don't worry she'll be contacting you soon.

(1) (Reply)

NIL / Flashback: Inauguration Of Oba Of Yoruba In Abia State. / Wazobia-our Linguafranka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.