Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (151470 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by steric58(m): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jaydee11:
Please house, I have a question to ask us all. If I want to apply for a uk visa after correcting this date of birth error do I need to explain the error on the old passport? Although I have a sworn affidavit on correction of date of birth error on my international passport. Do I just add it to the application without explaining it? Please, I need your advice. Thank you
please sir I'm in the same situation, this is one of the things that might hinder my UK visa if not sorted out, please how can I reach you.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ecowas: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2019
Good day @ all if you want to change your DOB go to headquarters Abuja with your credentials and old copy of your passport, you swear affidavit for age declaration and pay 120k to get it done please ensure you meet immigration officers and not those touts at the gate, one love.

4 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Knight2(m): 12:52am On Dec 04, 2019
ecowas:
Good day @ all if you want to change your DOB go to headquarters Abuja with your credentials and old copy of your passport, you swear affidavit for age declaration and pay 120k to get it done please ensure you meet immigration officers and not those touts at the gate, one love.
thanks for the information... pls do u know anyone who hv done it dat amount...
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by smokers: 1:13am On Dec 04, 2019
Knight2:

thanks for the information... pls do u know anyone who hv done it dat amount...

I just did it last month
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ucheprincenweke: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2019
How long it takes to correct dob and name? Thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by brightadogah: 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
My owe case is my age is 1982 and what is on my passport is 1977 how can I correct this mistake I need help and how much it we cost me thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by inspector1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Good day guys, pls I will like to know if any one had successful been able to get his / her dob corrected recently? kindly share ur experience/cost? thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 9:28am On Jan 03, 2020
What if it's only 1 number in the date of birth that is the mistake that is to corrected what is the process?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ecowas: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
akanbiaa:
What if it's only 1 number in the date of birth that is the mistake that is to corrected what is the process?

Please can someone answer this question?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Rify(f): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2020
I think it should be same thing. My error is a day difference and they are requesting for 130k. 25th September instead of 26th September that's all.

ecowas:

Please can someone answer this question?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2020
130k in Abuja? Are u using an immigration officer or you walked in yourself with your docs?

Rify:
I think it should be same thing. My error is a day difference and they are requesting for 130k. 25th September instead of 26th September that's all.

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Oggg: 2:54am On Jan 29, 2020
The official price is 33k for application for change of data and then 25k after it is approved to get the passport... please learn to bargain well, these people know you don’t know the price and that’s why you are paying these outrageous fees. If official total price is 58k, abeg know how to do yourself... things are hard in the country, stop dashing ppl your money... also d earlier u realise dt no immigration man in Nigeria wants to help u the bettr for u.. u must not use d person u meet..
Keep bargaining different places, using d official price in ur head until u get someone to do it.. avoid d young ones as much as possible or any elderly person calling 180k.. i swear thts d height of wickedness.
The only money tht gets to government is 55 to 58k, why will my fellow Nigerian b duping me of so much extra.. ndiwickedness!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
So u get # of any correct immigration officer for that Abuja?

Oggg:
The official price is 33k for application for change of data and then 25k after it is approved to get the passport... please learn to bargain well, these people know you don’t know the price and that’s why you are paying these outrageous fees. If official total price is 58k, abeg know how to do yourself... things are hard in the country, stop dashing ppl your money... also d earlier u realise dt no immigration man in Nigeria wants to help u the bettr for u.. u[b] must not use d person u meet..
Keep bargaining different places, using d official price in ur head until u get someone to do it.. avoid d young ones as much as possible or any elderly person calling 180k[/b].. i swear thts d height of wickedness.
The only money tht gets to government is 55 to 58k, why will my fellow Nigerian b duping me of so much extra.. ndiwickedness!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2020
Rify:

Yours is a genuine mistake and shouldn't cost you more than 100k
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2020
inspector1:
Good day guys, pls I will like to know if any one had successful been able to get his / her dob corrected recently? kindly share ur experience/cost? thanks
Yes but the data on your national id card must correspond with the new data your planning to have on the passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.