Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,629 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says (11721 Views)

Blessing Okagbare Celebrates Her 28th Birthday Today / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Pita99(m): 10:36am On Mar 18, 2015
Reigning African queen of the track, Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor has declared that she holds no grudge against the re-election bid of president Jonathan.

Last week, Okagbare expressed sadness over the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for Jonathan without seeking her consent.

But the Commonwealth Games double medallist spoke again from her base in LA yesterday, saying: “I heard that some opposition parties are using that against Jonathan’s campaign. It shouldn’t be so. I don’t want anyone or opposition parties to get it twisted. I am a die hard fan of the president. He has inspired me so much and I appreciate everything and the changes he brought into Nigerian sports.

However, Okagbare stood her ground that the decision by GoodHouse Nigeria to use her image and footage in advertorial without seeking her consent was wrong.

“Like I said, I am in support of Jonathan’s re-election bid, But I want to say that what Good House Nigeria did in that advertorial by using my image and footage without seeking my consent was totally wrong and unprofessional.”

Okabgare had stated last week that it was ‘selfish and disrespectful’ for anyone to intrude into her privacy by using her image, footage for a presidential campaign without seeking her approval. http://lindaikeji..com/2015/03/i-am-die-hard-fan-of-jonathan-sprinter.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by SeverusSnape(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Good!!!
Where are the mods?... Please front page.
lalasticlala cool
What does the "change" crew have to say now?..

29 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by nwafuluozoh: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2015
No excuse justifies her initial overreaction.There are better ways of addressing the issue.
Thank God she’s come back to her senses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by nwafuluozoh: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Good!!!
Where are the mods?... Please front page.
lalasticlala cool
As a direct beneficiary of the Fresh Air in the National sports section so she should have left the issue of “use of my image without permission” slide or handled it better than she did.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
If you like be a die hard fan of Gbagbo undecided

All this fake support so Gej can help your husband with USA visa undecided

Sai Buhari

#we don decide to vote gmb/pyo

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Ble ble u Bleep up!

Any way...

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari we marching On

15 Likes

Why the indignation over the 'image theft' then?
She for solve the issue jejely then
By the way, that picture of hers is not
attractive at all.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
[size=15pt]She lives abroad and speaks with American accent, so she can say all that with her American accent. But let's hear from those who live in Nigeria, whose careers are hindered by the discouraging administrative systems in Nigeria[/size]

23 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by 5p1naz(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
we want to be die hard fans too but how can we be "fans" when there's no light to make us spin

15 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by instaforexngr(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
she may have been bought over

1 Like

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by SeverusSnape(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

As a direct beneficiary of the Fresh Air in the National sports section so she should have left the issue of “use of my image without permission” slide or handled it better than she did.
Exactly!... SHE HAS NO CHOICE THAN TO SUPPORT THE WINNING TEAM, She was just not happy that one of the GEJ support group used her snapshots for advert without permission.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by zicoraads: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
It's a pity how low the APC have sunk. Especially some of their supporters here. When some of you were screaming 'she knows how clueless Jonathan is', even though you only quoted her out of context, she was a 'true' Nigerian. Now that she has come out to refute some of the allegations the APC levelled against her, she has collected a brown envelope.

It's funny how some of you think. Thinking a support for the PDP means someone has been bribed. It's a pity!

7 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Burger01(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Why won't you be? If you like quench for Jonathansmiley

Sai Buhari

6 Likes

. Shediot grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Bonapart(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Everyone wanna take part of the national cake.
Am a die hard blessing fan too

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by kilokeys(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
grin.. anyway. i just like being on fp

1 Like

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by paBuhari(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
That's my gel grin Am also a big supputer of Oga Jona.
Vote Jona fo deflopment and kwantinuity. smiley

6 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Die hard?

I see!
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by sophtaf(f): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Na u sabi!
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by elbinmanny(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
El Rufai should hear this cry
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by SeverusSnape(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Thank you lalasticlala. Let the "change" crew know that Blessing Okagbare is with the winning team.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by otijah(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Ok
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by elbinmanny(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:
E
Ebot cheesy
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by hazyfm: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
[size=18pt]CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE AMONG THE FEW JONATHAN SUPPORTERS[/size]

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by dhardline(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
I can see some people crying cry cry

1 Like

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Ultimate300(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
I'm a robot,,,,i'm here only to type GMB........but i have PVC,, Power to Vote out Clueless...

1 Like

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
kiss undecided
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Crown01: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
I don't believe you. Guess you were ranting earlier because you haven't receive your brown envelope.

Either die hard or die soft.... Buhari Always.

#ChangeIsNowInevitable

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by MKO4ever(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Please who is Blessing Okagbare
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Swiftboy(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2015
Sharp Babe! Guess they have done the needful,shame on APC! I endorse Goodluck gaskiani! He must finish his goodworks till 2019 when he'll hand over to me! grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by Demmzy15(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2015
Ode after chopping our national cake abi grin
Re: I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says by daveman144: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2015
Why wont she be a die hard fan. Doesn't she like better thing ?

GEJ for life

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter / List Of Top 20 Richest Football Clubs In The World / A Referee Set A Soccer Record - By Flashing 36 Red Cards In One Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.