Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! (1928 Views)

Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) / “I Married My Boyfriend Who Infected Me With HIV Because I Love Him” —woman Says / ‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dear NL, I went to a chemist to explain my health challenges but was referred to see a doctor in a nearby clinic.
When I got to the clinic, being my first time ever to visit a normal hospital set up, I was confused with protocol however got to see the doctor and gave him all the answers to the numerous questions he asked.
He told me that I should run some test including taking sample from my va.gi.na.
I was told to come for the results the next day which I did. Before now, my BF has done some test and insisted I should see a doctor.
When I got to the doctor for my results and probably to start up treatment, the doctor was in his office, strangely he stood up and hugged me warmly. I was like could it be because of my new hairdo or makeover?
He offered me a seat and raised a topic off the main issue why I came.
I wasnt moved until he keep talking as if he wanted to tell me that I failed an exams. Curiosity were all over me untill he finally told me that I have the deadly virus.(HIV)
The gum I was chewing just fell off my mouth, I started sweating on my palms and nose. I held the chair firmly for support but was almost dead.
He told me that it was for my best interest to know now than later when I might come down with bigger signs and symptoms.
I never told him to include HIV test,
I can barely eat since then.
I have lost weight.
I see the doctor as a monster.

Pls advise me on what to do.

Real life story by my good friend in bayelsa
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenonze:
Dear NL, I went to a chemist to explain my health challenges but was referred to see a doctor in a nearby clinic.
When I got to the clinic, being my first time ever to visit a normal hospital set up, I was confused with protocol however got to see the doctor and gave him all the answers to the numerous questions he asked.
He told me that I should run some test including taking sample from my va.gi.na.
I was told to come for the results the next day which I did. Before now, my BF has done some test and insisted I should see a doctor.
When I got to the doctor for my results and probably to start up treatment, the doctor was in his office, strangely he stood up and hugged me warmly. I was like could it be because of my new hairdo or makeover?
He offered me a seat and raised a topic off the main issue why I came.
I wasnt moved until he keep talking as if he wanted to tell me that I failed an exams. Curiosity were all over me untill he finally told me that I have the deadly virus.(HIV)
The gum I was chewing just fell off my mouth, I started sweating on my palms and nose. I held the chair firmly for support but was almost dead.
He told me that it was for my best interest to know now than later when I might come down with bigger signs and symptoms.
I never told him to include HIV test,
I can barely eat since then.
I have lost weight.
I see the doctor as a monster.

Pls advise me on what to do.

Real life story by my good friend in bayelsa

Haba nah
what is all these?
a lot of you guys are abusing the purpose of NL o
someone has HIV, which was confirmed by a Doctor, now you come to NL to ask us for advise?
which advise wey we wan give wey pass the advise and counselling wey the Doctor go don offer her?
Or you wan make we tell her to go run another test?
or for her to disbelieve the Doctor??

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by DickDastardly(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
It was wrong of him to have done that. But that his wrong action is now ur long life. Cheer up man
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
henribj:

Haba nah
what is all these?
a lot of you guys are abusing the purpose of NL o
someone has HIV, which was confirmed by a Doctor, now you come to NL to ask us for advise?
which advise wey we wan give wey pass the advise and counselling wey the Doctor go don offer her?
Or you wan make we tell her to go run another test?
or for her to disbelieve the Doctor??

It may not be medical advice but psychological input and aftermath
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
DickDastardly:
It was wrong of him to have done that. But that his wrong action is now ur long life. Cheer up man

when you get to the hospital, a better hospital o, HIV test is automatic, they don't require your consent, except where you specifically tell them not to run the test. this is common when you go to the hospital to report certain ailments.

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Dioxidane: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
**Modified**
lipsrsealed
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenonze:

It may not be medical advice but psychological input and aftermath

these doctors are qualified and equipped to offer such advice, and in the event they are not qualified for the psychological or other part, they refer you to a qualified personnel.
why am saying this is that, the advice you are asking for, especially with how serious the case is, a lot of peeps on NL are not qualified to give such advice. i said "a lot" and not "all"
the rest peeps will just laff over the post and insult you for it

2 Likes

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by DickDastardly(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
henribj:

when you get to the hospital, a better hospital o, HIV test is automatic, they don't require your consent, except where you specifically tell them not to run the test. this is common when you go to the hospital to report certain ailments.
Good to know this. Thanks
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
DickDastardly:

your welcome man
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by 5minsmadness: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
DickDastardly:

grin
This guy no go near any big hospital again!

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin
This guy no go near any big hospital again!

hahahaha
even if he do, he go make sure say he warn whichever person wey dey draw him blood not to test am for HIV
and even if you do mistake test am, no tell me the result.
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by 5minsmadness: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Op..
Realize first of all that the bf that 'insisted' you see a doctor is probably HIV positive too, hence his wanting you to do a test.

What the doctor did was wrong, he should not have done the test without counseling you first. Sorry about that. However it was also done for your own good, the sooner you start treatment the better. It's just that he should have prepared your mind better for it. It's not an easy thing living with hiv but people do it and live very healthy lives. It can be terrifying at first but with proper counselling and going to their clubs and seeing others in the same boat with you and learning from them, you will eventually adjust and live an acceptably normal life.
. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
by the way op,
don't know if the doctor told you this or if you already know it
depending on how long you have had the HIV, constant and proper intake of your drugs can after a certain period of time eliminate the HIV from your system, thereby making your status HIV negative

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dioxidane:
Your profile says you are a male, yet your story portrays you as a female... Which do we believe Plus I really doubt if your story is true... #MyOpinion

He narrated a real life story of a friend
Maybe u didnt finish the post
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Dioxidane: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenonze:

He narrated a real life story of a friend
Maybe u didnt finish the post

He modified it after it was pointed out...

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
henribj:
by the way op,
don't know if the doctor told you this or if you already know it
depending on how long you have had the HIV, constant and proper intake of your drugs can after a certain period of time eliminate the HIV from your system, thereby making your status HIV negative

Seriously?
Never heard a thing like this before
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dioxidane:

He modified it after it was pointed out...

nah he didn't
i read the post few minutes after it was posted on NL
if you notice, i was the first to comment.

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenonze:

Seriously?
Never heard a thing like this before

if you sabi any better Doctor whose field of specialization is HIV & co, ask him/her about it
or try researching more about it on google
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
Op..
Realize first of all that the bf that 'insisted' you see a doctor is probably HIV positive too, hence his wanting you to do a test.

What the doctor did was wrong, he should not have done the test without counseling you first. Sorry about that. However it was also done for your own good, the sooner you start treatment the better. It's just that he should have prepared your mind better for it. It's not an easy thing living with hiv but people do it and live very healthy lives. It can be terrifying at first but with proper counselling and going to their clubs and seeing others in the same boat with you and learning from them, you will eventually adjust and live an acceptably normal life.
. It is well.

Its a common practice in Naija.
Most patients who are positive tend to know after their conditions have deteriorated.
If u came to hospital maybe for other conditions, Hiv test are usually not done unless u wanted to donate blood.

I think the ground upon which the doctor acted was the fact that she came for STD (sexually transmitted disease) test of which HIV is among.

1 Like

Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by Dioxidane: 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
henribj:

nah he didn't
i read the post few minutes after it was posted on NL
if you notice, i was the first to comment.

Ok, maybe I didn't notice...
Re: My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! by henribj(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dioxidane:

Ok, maybe I didn't notice...

aiight

(1) (Reply)

Male Infertility, This Is What I Am Dealing With / More Pre Wedding Pictures / I Broke Up With My Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.