Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project (714 Views)

Romeo Oriogun Wins Brunel International African Poetry Prize / Meaning Of African Poetry. / The African Poetry Project Calls For Submission Of Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project by AnonymX: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
The African Poetry Project is inviting poets African poets worldwide to make submissions to it for its maiden African poetry complation, "VOICES".

Eligibility:

1. Poet must be African
2. That Submissions are made by people who have copyright of the poems OR the poets who wrote them
3. That the age range for submission is 16-45

Benefits

1. Inclusion in the African poetry compilation
2. Remuneration/ royalties from book sales

TO make submissions, email poem to

PSOT2014@YANDEX.COM

Deadline is 24th of March.
Re: Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project by Hidentity(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
Now, how will the authors know that their works will be used for the said purpose? That they won't be put in the dark on the long run and all those common scams?

Several people have approached me here to let them use my work for one reason or the other. After that, they ran away doing things with the works. I laid my hand on another anthology where 4 of my poems were published without acknowledging me.

I think a more credible source posted here will do. I mean a source that can lead to someone or an organisation to be sued if anything goes wrong.
Re: Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project by AnonymX: 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hidentity:
Now, how will the authors know that their works will be used for the said purpose? That they won't be put in the dark on the long run and all those common scams?

Several people have approached me here to let them use my work for one reason or the other. After that, they ran away doing things with the works. I laid my hand on another anthology where 4 of my poems were published without acknowledging me.

I think a more credible source posted here will do. I mean a source that can lead to someone or an organisation to be sued if anything goes wrong.

http://pensideoftim..com/2015/02/introducing-african-poetry-project.html

Pen Side Of Tim is the coordinating body for the project.

facebook.com/pensideoftim.

The Founder is Nkenu Timothy Woma (Google him)
Re: Make Submissions To The African Poetry Project by AnonymX: 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hidentity:

They would be notified

(1) (Reply)

True Friendship Is Risk."stake It" / Expressing The Universal Analogies In Alice Walker’s The Temple Of My Familiar / Hyper Realistic Portrait Painting By Yabatech Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.