Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Deadly Trust - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deadly Trust (705 Views)

TIRENI (the Trust Demanding Trial Of A Pained Eighteen Year Old Girl) / The Deadly Game...a Sex,romance And Action Thriler / J. I. A.. The Deadly Quintet......( An Action Novel Based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deadly Trust by hammedonisade(m): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
PROLOGUE
(A 16-year old boy is being shown playing all
around the house. His parent - Mr and Mrs
Cole are watching film in the parlour)
Mrs Cole: Majh! (calling the boy) Come here,
stop playing around.
Majh: I am still doing something now!
Mrs Cole: What is it you are doing?
Majh: (holding a remote, running round) I am
still playing with the car.
Mr Cole: (annoyed) Playing with the toy car?
When are you going to stop your foolish
habits?
Majh: (stopped immediately, looking
frustrating) Till mum teaches me how to use
a gun.
Mrs Cole: What sort of rubbish is that? Do
you want to be a security agent like me?
Majh: I have told times without number that I
don’t want to be a security agent.
Mrs Cole: Then, why do you want to be able
to use a gun?
Majh: I want to be fearless like you, and I
want to know it for self purpose. I mean for
my self security purpose.
Mrs Cole: Hmnn, hmnn! Who do you think I
take you brain training everyday?
Majh: You want me to be able to solve
problems, to be wise in taking decisions, and
to be able to know and realize what others
can’t realize easily.
Mrs Cole: You are partially right but the main
reason I do brain training for you is because I
want you to be more fearless than me.
Majh: (smiles) With brain only, and no
combat training?
Mrs Cole: Yeah! With just your brain, you can
really do better than me. The reason why
people think I am good is not really because I
am good in using gun, but because I use my
brain perfectly. Being good in combat, and
not good in using brain, you would be
defeated easily. Enemies out there that I
defeat, there are so many of them that know
how to use a gun more I do, but because I
know how to use my sense more than they
do, I defeat them easily. All the opportunities
that you have, when I was young, I didn’t
have them. Then, there was nobody to teach
me anything like these. I just… (she is being
interrupted)
Majh: (interrupts his mother) Ish… (there is
total silence)
Mrs Cole: (after some seconds) What’s the
problem?
Majh: I felt a brief heat for just like two
seconds.
Mrs Cole: What are you implying?
Majh: You taught me that presence of at
least a person in a place, would bring at
least, a little increase in heat of that place.
Mrs Cole: (laughs) You this boy, I just taught
you that area of training yesterday.
Majh: Yeah!
Mrs Cole: (still laughing) You are not yet
that good in that area of sensitivity because
yesterday, you were just fumbling. So how
come you are already applying the training?
Majh: I know I am not yet that good in that
area, but just as you taught me, I know I felt
a very brief heat.
Mrs Cole: (interrupts) Mum and son, please
you are disturbing me, I am not really
enjoying the movie any longer.
Mrs Cole: Daddy, please give me some
minutes, let me tell your son what he doesn’t
know.
Mr Cole: Okay, ma! Hmnn!
Mrs Cole: (to Majh) You know what? The
security of this house is very tight I built it
myself. Nobody can enter this house without
alarming us.
Mr Cole: Does he just know that today?
Majh: Of course, I already know but I know I
felt something. Well, maybe it’s just an
illusion, it happens at times, am I not right?
Mrs Cole: yeah, it happens.
Majh: Okay!
Mrs Cole: Don’t worry, I will finish that
sensitivity test for you tomorrow, I will make
sure you don’t make any mistake again.
Majh: Thanks, mum!
(curtain drawn)
Re: Deadly Trust by hammedonisade(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2015
SCENE ONE (Mrs Cole is being shown driving, beside her is her son nodding to the music from the stereo in the car. It seems Mrs Cole is going to her office) Mrs Cole: (switches off the music) Did you read what I give you yesterday? (to her son) Majh: Sure now, you know I would. Mrs Cole: So, have you thought about it? Majh: Yes, yes, yes! Mrs Cole: Okay, so who do you think murdered the old man? Majh: That should be his daughter. Mrs Cole: Really? Why did you think so? Majh: Though a rope is being wound on the old man’s neck, I checked the images several times, the neck doesn’t seem strangled. Mrs Cole: (excited) Hmmm, hmmm!! So what? Majh: So someone must be thinking of framing the gate man of the murder because that specific rope is actually from his quarters. Mrs Cole: Hmmm, hmmm!! Majh: Though in the images, we are not provided with the back view of the old man but there is a very tiny hole in his stomach. Mrs Cole: What does that imply? Majh: It seems as if he was being stabbed from behind, with a knife, and the knife penetrates the man’s back making a hole to be shown on the front. Mrs Cole: Really? Majh: I checked the interview reports, the daughter went to market on nobody’s behalf some hours before the incident. Though, they said the daughter’s going to market may not have anything to do with the incidence but I think it may. Mrs Cole: How? Majh: The report didn’t find what she actually went to do in the market. They just said she ended up not buying anything from the market, but I think it’s not right. Mrs Cole: How? Majh: I don’t think she just went to the market. Well, to be sure, someone has to go to the particular market. Mrs Cole: But how will you know the right place she went if she decides not to tell you? Majh: Hahaha!!! What sort of question is that? All the markets in this country, Notis, have CCTV. I don’t think she is that wise to retrieve her doings in the market from the CCTV. Mrs Cole: (claps Majh) You know what? This particular incidence happened 5 years ago. That daughter was able to fool all my co- agents that the gateman was responsible for the murder of her father, but I knew something was wrong just as you did. Majh: Really? Mrs Cole: Yeah! And do you know the funniest part? I was able to figure everything out just as you did today. That was what led to my promotion back then. CCTV was checked just as I said, and it showed that the daughter actually bought a very sharp knife along with other things from the market. Autopsy was carried out on the old man’s corpse and it was realized that he was actually stabbed. I made sure we checked almost all the daughter’s belongings, and with the help of UV light, we were able to find out the man’s blood on one of her clothes. Majh: Hmmm! Mum, you are very sharp and wonderful. Mrs Cole: Yeah, but not as good and sensitive as you are. Do you know that this particular test was given to final year security trainees as exam and they all resulted to that the gateman actually did it. Even some resulted to foolish conclusions. Despite the fact that they were given two weeks on the test, they were finally given another test because they all failed. Majh: Hmmm! Even, if they had read past research of security agents, they may have met it there. Mrs Cole: Thank you! If they had read those research, they maybe able to meet up with that question in my record, but they failed to do so as well. Majh: Okay, then! Mrs Cole: And you, did you actually read that from my past works? Majh: (smiles) You already told me that you want your past works to be the last of works that I will read. So, I still have several works of others to read, before going to yours. Mrs Cole: Are you sure you didn’t disobey my order? Majh: (smiles) You suppose to trust your son that he is absolutely trustworthy! Mrs Cole: Do you know why I don’t want you to tread about me? (still driving) Majh: I’m dying to know that! Mrs Cole: (looks sober) It’s because you are a good boy, you actually don’t deserve a mother like me. Majh: (frustrated) Why are you talking like this? You are actually the best for me, so what do you mean by what you said? Mrs Cole: Don’t worry, by the time you start to read about me, you will know. Majh: Please, tell me, I am… (he is being interrupted) Mrs Cole: Please, Majh, please, don’t ask me. You will know when the time comes. Majh: Okay, mum! But can you just promise me that you are actually not a bad agent, not a corrupt agent that does things, for herself satisfaction. Mrs Cole: (takes her face-towel, and wipes her face) That’s the last thing I would do, my son. Majh: (smiles) I trust you, mum (gives her a little peck) Mrs Cole: Thanks, my son. Majh: You are welcome, ma! Mrs Cole: (she is smiling, just as a call enters her phone. She picks up the phone only to find out that she is being called by a private number) Haha, who dare use a private number in calling me? Doesn’t the person know that I will be able to get his/her number? (she presses some things on the keypad and exclaims) Shit! How come the number is very secure! Well, no matter how secure it is, once I get to my office, I will be able to get the number using my system. Let me just answer the call first (she answers the call) Hello, who is this? Caller: (after some seconds) Is this Mrs Cole? Mrs Cole: Yeah, that’s right. Caller: Right in front of me is your husband, Mr Cole, with my gun on his head. Mrs Cole: What!!! (shocked) Caller: If you want to save your husband’s life, you should be on your way to Eloq Street right away. Mrs Cole: (still surprised) Put my husband on the line, let me speak with him. Caller: You don’t believe me? Well, you have just ten minutes, or else, I will waste my bullets on his head (cuts the call) Mrs Cole: Hello, hello!! (checks the phone and realizes that it has being cut) Majh: Mum, what’s the problem? Mrs Cole: I think your father is already in trouble. Majh: (shocked) What do you mean? Mrs Cole: (quickly reverses her car and head toward the aforementioned street) The caller that just called me said he has a gun on your father’s head. But I listened attentively to the surrounding, there was actually nobody shaking near him. Whereas, if a gun is being held on someone’s head, he must be somehow nervous that he/she must be somehow shaking. Majh: So, what are you trying to imply? Mrs Cole: It is either he is lying or… Majh: Or what? (looks frustrating) Don’t tell me that he might have already shot dad! Mrs Cole: Well, let’s get there first (she zooms off. After some minutes, they actually got to the destination. Some stones thrown away to where she stops, she and Majh are seeing the dead body of Mr Cole on the floor with blood gushing out. Majh is already sobbing but Mrs Cole has not gotten out of the car and she is holding Majh not to go. Right beside Mr Cole is a gun. Mrs Cole quickly realizes that the gun is hers) How come my gun is there? My husband can never take my gun out, so what is it doing there? I actually put it in my desk yesterday… (she suddenly thinks about something and she stops talking) Majh: (still crying) Mum, what’s it? Mrs Cole: (looks at Majh straight in the eyes) Yesterday, when you said you felt someone’s presence in the room, were you really sure of it? Majh: Yes, I know I felt something. Mrs Cole: (looks sad) Can that be true? But there is ONLY ONE PERSON that can breach my very tight security. Majh: Who’s that? Mrs Cole: (quickly fasten the seat belt on Majh’s body while placing him on the driver’s side) I am going to check your father’s body, if you see anything unusual happening, promise me you will drive away. Majh: With you? Mrs Cole: (gets off the car) Majh, without me! Majh: (sobbing and shaking head in disagreement) No, I can’t do that; I am not leaving here without you and dad. Mrs Cole: Please, Majh, do your mum this favour! (turns her back on the car and starts sobbing. She quickly runs to her husband on the floor. She grabs her gun, touches her husband and realizes that he is actually dead. She starts crying harder. Just like five seconds later, she is being surrounded by numerous police officers) Police 1: (talking through comm. in his ear) I think the report is right; a woman has actually murdered the ambassador. She seems to be a security agent. Police 2: (he is actually at the police office, checking the computer systems) She actually obstructed the CCTV just like the report said, she must be really up to something. Police 1: Well, I will arrest her and bring her to the station, she is really a pretty bad murderer. Mrs Cole: (still on the floor, crying. She then stands up holding her gun) Let me leave. Police 1: (cuts the call) What rubbish? Mrs Cole: (she starts to move) Okay! Police 1: (to other police officers) Take her! Police officers: Yes sir!!! (as one of them touches here, she grabs his hand and throws him on the floor. She gives another one a blow on the face. She then kicks another two on the head with her leg. She continues to move, fighting off all the police officers coming her way with her left hand, holding her gun on the right hand. As she gets near her car, one of the frustrated police officer shoots her on the leg) Mrs Cole: Yeh!!! (she shouts) Majh: Mum!!! (also shouts and cries louder as she sees her mum going down) Mrs Cole: (struggles to get near the car, and signals to Majh to wine down the glass a little) Majh, please, drive off! They will come after you. Majh: (crying very loudly) Who are they? The police officers? Mrs Cole: No, not the police officers, but the people responsible for all these. I know what they are after. They will surely kill me, and I am pretty sure you will be part of their plan. Please, I already taught you how to drive. Just drive away before… (that same police officer that shot her earlier shoots her again, but now at her back) Yeh!!! (she shouts louder this time around as she goes down totally) Majh: (also cries louder) Mum! Mum!! Mum!!! Please, stand up! (he notices that the same police officer is aiming at him, so he quickly starts the car and zooms off. The police officer starts to shoot the car but none actually met Majh as he escapes). Police 1: (to that police officer who is just a junior to him) But you are not supposed to shoot her now! Police officer: (surprised) Not to shoot her? Not to shoot her until she kills us all? Police 1: Okay, well! (gets back to the comm.) Police 2: (now talking to Police 1 on comm. again) That woman is actually the ambassador’s wife. Police 1: (shocked) Really? Police 2: Yeah! Police 1: Buy why did his wife kill him? Police 2: I think it has something to do with their son. Police 1: What are you talking about? Police 2: I don’t know the details but in some hours time, it seems the President will be having a meeting with the commissioner about the ambassador being assassinated by his wife and they will be involving their son in the matter. Police 1: Really? Police 2: Yeah! You just have to go and detain the boy immediately. Police 1: No problem. Police 2: Okay! (cuts the comm. call) Police 1: (to the police officers) We are going to Mr Cole’s house to detain his son. Let the medics pack both corpses into the ambulance and let’s leave. Police officers: Yes, sir!!! (still groaning from the pain of the blows and kicks they got. The police officer that shot Mrs Cole then talk) Police Officer: Sir! The car that drove off, I am sure it is that boy that’s inside. Police 1: Really? Are you sure? Police Officer: Yes, sir! Police 1: No problem! Then let’s just follow the trail of that particular car to get him. Police Officer: Yes, sir!!! (they all got into their respective cars) Police 1: (gets back in collection with Police 2 on comm.) Help in checking the CCTV, a brownish car left this scene some minutes ago, and we suspect that the boy may in that car. Police 2: Okay, okay!! (presses some keys on the keyboard) I got it. Yeah! Just head straight. Police 1: Okay (continues to drive) Police 2: (after some seconds) Now, to your right! Police 1: Okay! (drives to the right direction, and the other police cars follow him. So, after some minutes of driving, they meet a brownish car in traffic. They get out of their cars and orders everybody to wait). Police Officer: (as they move closer to the brownish car) I don’t think this is the boy’s car. Police 1: What do you mean? Police Officer: I actually shot the car and this car doesn’t seem like one that has been shot. Police 1: (notices this) Yeah! You are somehow right (he runs quickly towards the car only to find a huge ma in the car. He then connects back to comm.) What’s the meaning of this? (no reply for about some seconds). Police 2: (now replies) Yeah! Yeah! I think we’ve been fooled. Police 1: What are you trying to say? Police 2: I am not sure what the boy did, but he actually did something to make me to be tracking another car unknowingly. Police 1: (surprised) Really? Police 2: Yeah! But I am actually wiser than him, I have actually gotten where he is. Police 1: (curious) Where is that? Police 2: He is actually at home, you should know Mr Cole’s house now. Police 1: Yeah, I do, but how did you get to know he is at home? Police 2: I told you I am wiser. I only opened their house’s CCTV because I know a small boy can’t think of elsewhere to go. Though the inside of that house can’t be viewed through the CCTV because of the security there, but, according to what I have here, a brownish car with shot bullets on it actually drove inside the house some minutes ago. Police 1: Hmmm (delighted) Good job! (to his guys) Now let’s go to Mr Cole’s house, we should be able to find that rascal there… (curtain drawn)
Re: Deadly Trust by hammedonisade(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2015
i need comments before continuing this... then i can be rest assured people want me to continue...

(1) (Reply)

Episode 6: Eke(python); Story By Joy Akosa / The Isiewu That Refused To Digest- A Short Story / Frozen Fire Desires...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.