Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigeria To Ghana. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Ghana. (1016 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / Pictures Of A Nairalander Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Ghana. by 19naia(m): 4:05am On Mar 19, 2015
The issue has come up with my Ex and also mother to my son, she wants to travel to Africa... I want to travel to Nigeria and she wants to travel to Ghana.. She has never been to Africa and is a black american determined to vist the "mother land"..
I of course, lived and enjoyed plenty suffering in Nigeria before ,and now live in USA where i was born.. I have Nigerian family from my fathers side and many old friends there, my mother is american born and raised.. My Ex knows no one other than people she communes with online from Ghana..

I told her to save her money and wait over a year or more, and travel with me and our son.. I would like to take him to Nigeria once in this short lifetime.. I dont expect them to like it ,but I know they will benefit from going because my son has his unknown heritage there from my fathers side... His mother needs more just to explore the African Mother-land legend/Myth and settle her mind and heart about it all...

Any way, she agrees to come to Nigeria but i am not sure if she will be able to travel from Lagos by land though Benin, and Togo to reach Ghana, unless she gets visas to all those countries and Nigeria before even leaving the USA with her sole Passport: US passport..
Will they grant Passage visa through Benin republic and Togo, if she applies in lagos or abuja after arriving Nigeria as a US citizen? She wants to go to ghana and i think she will enjoy land trip to see as many African countries along the way. Also she doesnt want to spend so much money on a flight itinary from New york to lagos and then lagos to ghana and back to lagos and then back to Newyork...
Land will be more enjoyable for her need to see Africa for what it is... I guess i could buy her a cheap Nigerian carrier flight from lagos direct to Ghana if its too complicated to do the visas for land crossings..

Also, one more detail.. I am curious.. It says Ghana is around 26million population while Nigeria is going on 200million... Lagos is going on 20million while Accra looks like a bigger "stain" or impression on the google satellite map... Accra looks like it spreads wider than lagos by far, like its a bigger city than lagos.. Anyway not by population but by sprawl....
I dont see as many city impression stains on the google maps either ,for Ghana.. Its as if most of ghanas small population lives in Accra and Kumasi

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Girl In Pain And The Truth. / Nigeria's Kenechukwu Nwakwesi Leads African Students To Mark Africa Day in Paris / How Can I Appeal? I Was Given A Travel Ban For Overstay By One Day In South Afri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.