Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash (30000 Views)

My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? / RSS Arrests Man Who Uses Nude Pictures Of Female Victims To Blackmail Them / Kidnappers Feed Their Victims With Soft-Drinks And Biscuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by goldem: 7:14am On Mar 19, 2015
Commuters that leave early often fall victim of these robbers operating with commercial bus. Prior to the advent of ATM card, they dispossess their victims of their phones, cash and other personal effects. But, what they do now is to collect ATM Cards and Pin of their victims, while the victims are in the bus, they take the cards to the mahine and empty their victims accounts. Another one just happened to a friend this morning, she was picked form Opebi going to maryland but suddenly they changed direction and took her to Adeniyi Jones, ikeja. Her ATM card was collected with the pin while she was held hostage in the bus, one of the robbers went to the ATM and withdrew maximum limit for the day.

What can be done to overcome this crime? What can the banks do to forstall this crime? The use token number to withdraw more than a particular limit a day e.g N20k or some security check should be introduced.

4 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by kilokeys(m): 7:28am On Mar 19, 2015
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

if ur pin is 1234, enter 4321..

shikena..

Naija we hail theee.. cry

Edit: my premise has been proven false.. i apologize.. thank y'all for the likes cheesy

it wouldn't be bad if its workable though

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by yuncka: 7:46am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

shikena..

Very true, another good way is to use the cctv installed in the machine. Many people dnt know dat ATM comes wit camera.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by joanprice: 8:44am On Mar 19, 2015
i dey come make i go put my ATM for house

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by siegfried99(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Hian undecided
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by dharay99: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
nice innovation. angry angry
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Mekybliss(f): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Ndito ino

15 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by jnrbayano(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
The robbers who try this are not aware a camera is right there above their head.

They may achieve their aim quite alright but will never successfully settle down to eat their loot...

3 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Africa
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by shoturtrap(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
So bad
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
I dunno o...
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Zico5(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
Only God can save us in Nigeria, insecurity everywhere. U wake up daily not knowing what will become of u. Security is not our leaders concern, what is paramount to them is how to drain our common wealth. We need total revolution

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by MRLINGTON(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
New style of robbery

Bad Gov't

Police might even be backing dem up cos ntn person no dey see

3 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by GoodBoi1(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

What if the pin is 2222?

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by lilbabyak(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
chop my ATM card. shikena
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by IamOpemipo(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
..makin sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Juve4(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2015
IT IS REALLY BAD. ONLY GOD CAN SAVE US FROM THIS KIND OF PROBLEM.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2015
9ja4real, everything is possible
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by IamOpemipo(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
yorobbers

It's too early for dis

6 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by bruno419(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2015
This is Nigeria
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Youngzedd(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Odikwa very risky Oooooo

It all boil down to our country security, not introducing a token or security whatever for withdrawal of 20k and above since they are with the account owner. They will just instruct her

If only our policemen can be watchful.

In conclusion, my people embrace E banking.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by angrybird007: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
J
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by dataplus87(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
That's bad

I was setup in such instant where all my phones where collected and I was forced to go withdraw with my ATM...I withdraw #20,000 for the hoodlums before i was released

4 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Bonapart(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
That is called 'calculated robbery'
Their end is near
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by chibwike(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by ceejay80s(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
I no dey waka about with my atm card, I withdraw the amount wey I need from work and drop my ATM card in my office, even if i no collect enuf money ,I go manage am till the next day, I no go die

6 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by IamOpemipo(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
yuncka:

Very true, another good way is to use the cctv installed in the machine. Many people dnt know dat ATM comes wit camera.

Those figure head cctv

3 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by eedrees(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Naija!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Palm Fruit Thief Stripped And Paraded Unclad By Mob (photos) / Tanzanian Drug Lord Killed Taxi Driver In South Africa And They Blamed Nigerians / How A Fraudster Raped My Girlfriend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.