Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,015 members, 7,841,864 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Jayz Agrees To Pay Up After 18 Months Legal Battle - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jayz Agrees To Pay Up After 18 Months Legal Battle (364 Views)

Kanye West Begs Jayz To Call Him And Goes After Beyounce / Jayz Responds To Beyonce Diss, With New Freestyle / Jessy Jagz, Nas, Laurin Hill, Jayz, Common, Pac,BIG... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jayz Agrees To Pay Up After 18 Months Legal Battle by stephenoginni: 7:16am On Mar 19, 2015
New reports now say rapper Jay Z, will pay the royalties from his “Versus” to Swiss musician Bruno Spoerri whose music he sampled on the 2013 track without permission. According to media reports, the rapper has finally agreed to pay 50% of the song’s earning following an 18-month legal battle. Spoerri previously claimed Jay-Z used the instrumental of his “Lilith – on the way” for “Versus” that appears on ”Magna Carta…Holy Grail ” Jay-Z initially denied the accusation, but he admitted he illegally used the 79-year-old pianist and saxophonist’s music a few months ago. Spoerri last year said that he was both flattered and infuriated to have his music sampled by Jay-Z. “In a way I’m flattered that a relatively young rapper takes a sample from an old man, a sample that is about 35 years,” he explained He was mad because Jay-Z and his team didn’t even try to contact him to clear the sample. “I’m furious because it would have been so simple to clear the sample............read full gist on link below ;
http://talkwithbeejay..in/2015/03/jayz-agrees-to-pay-up-after-18-months.html

(1) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan's German Juice / Music: Charass – I Don See (prod. By Young John) / Record Label Deal Audittion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.