Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? (454 Views)

Helping Our Fellow Nigerian / Compare And Contrast These Christmas Wishes And Judge For Yourself.(image) / IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2015
Nigerians are very quick to spread very disgusting news about the country like what we see here on Nairaland. Negative news get easily pushed to the front page than positive ones. Each time I read some of these crazy bad news on the front page I ask myself what foreigners who intentionally or accidentally visit Nairaland would think about the country while reading these sort of absurd news. I think Nairaland is good for domestic consumption but I believe it is very bad for foreign consumption cos the kind of bad news you find on the front page are they kinds that breeds hatred for a particular country or race.

Who has an opinion on this matter?
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2015
Actually seun dose not give a fvck. And neither do all his mod

Op what are u saying sef haven't u heard of the word demand

If no one was interested in the news would they comment and if no one comments on a thread will it be moved to front page

Op go back and write waec on economic
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by KillerBeauty(f): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
oloyolo:
Actually seun dose not give a fvck. And neither do all his mod

Op what are u saying sef haven't u heard of the word demand

If no one was interested in the news would they comment and if no one comments on a thread will it be moved to front page

Op go back and write waec on economic
This ur signature ehm grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by Seun(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
It is important to share the truthful details of negative news so people will be aware of dangers in the environment and learn how to stay safe.
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by LadyX(f): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
Op, once something goes online it's no longer for internal consumption.

NL is only informing people of what happens for them to be careful.
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by LadyX(f): 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
Seun:
It is important to share the truthful details of negative news so people will be aware of dangers in the environment and learn how to stay safe.

Exactly!
If they don't learn about it from NL, they can learn about it through Facebook or Twitter. So Op should not say NL is portraying Nigeria negatively.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by Bowaley17(m): 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Is Nairaland Helping Our Image Abroad? by Dyoungstar: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
What bad image goes here that our politicians do not first take abroad to wash off?

In other words...

Before any news whether good or bad reaches us Nigerians it has reached the outside world through our shameless politicians.

(1)

Gunmen Snatch Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Diezani Allison -madueke's Brother / An Open Letter To General Buhari On His Election As Nigeria’s Next President / Which Number Are You? -picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.