Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor (1838 Views)

Kano Pillars Signs Joseph Yobo / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Shooting Stars (4 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by greatwaters: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
I don't know for how long they've had that logo but I can see some things wrong with it.

Firstly, I believe the football club was named ''Pillars'' for a reason, which is likely because it club came into existence when 3 other amateur clubs were merged in 1990. I therefore believe something in the logo should speak about that. It doesnt make much sense to name the club pillars and present a logo showing a shield. If the the club were named Kano united, i may not have a problem with it.

Secondly, I cant seem to understand the blocks forming a sort of pyramid on the shield. Probably was done because there was nothing else 2 do with the space. Not so good a design.

I may not be a proffessional designer but i think anyone can be a little innovative. So i thought about it and made a pencil sketch of something that i think is much better than the one they are using. Any nairalander who knows how 2 design logo should pls make it come alive with the right colours and pls post it here.

Below are the Kano Pillars' logo and my sketch

Sorry peeps, pic isnt 2 clear

Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by daveP(m): 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Its not only Pillars that need logo revamp. How much to call 2confirm experts to design attractive logo either with pen or computer? #20000

even the NPFL also.

Barclays carry a lion, cos England is nicknamed "three lions"

Nigeria is nicknamed "super eagles", yet a cow is our league logo!!

These are part of the things that can make these clubs attractive and garner love and cash likewise. But.....

Your design makes sense.
Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by greatwaters: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
daveP:
Its not only Pillars that need logo revamp. How much to call 2confirm experts to design attractive logo either with pen or computer? #20000

even the NPFL also.

These are part of the things that can make these clubs attractive and garner love and cash likewise. But.....

Your design makes sense.

Thanks a lot bro. Many NPFL clubs really do need logo revamp

1 Like

Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by crownprince102: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
daveP:

even the NPFL also.

Your design makes sense.
Cow has NPFL logo? shocked

Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by daveP(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
crownprince102:
so you..... Okay this is reassuring! Thanks for busting smiley this must be recent.
Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by greatwaters: 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
crownprince102:
Thanks for the clarification but i think that logo is a much later developmentt and a step in the right direction. It only remains for clubs like Kano Pillars to follow suit
Re: OPINION - Kano Pillars Logo Is Poor by tck2000(m): 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
True

(1) (Reply)

Hello Guys Any Good Link I Can Watch Nigerian Match, Please Help A Brother. / A Thread For Madridstas (Real Madrid Fans) / Horrible Truth Behind WWE (world Wrestling Entertainment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.